Nubia

Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Canada
That would be fucking nice !
But(there is a butt), i don't think Bungie(who is a Microsoft company) is really doing a game for DS. I mean, Microsoft, guys ! These guys could sue you because you hacked Windows 3.0 !

Anyway, i think it's a fake.

Sneakz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... doesnt look that fake besides the font (which is retarted and no way close to Halo-ish)
The sound (Sounds way to good and why the hell would that ending, or final mission sound be playing in Zanzibar?)
and finally the fact they never touched the warthog...why wouldnt they? unless it was programed in their copy or summin

The things that make it real however are the Zanzibar map (come on how would Matt fake an entire map?)
The plasma rifle (Once again we know he cant do that)
and finally why the **** would he lie in the first place?

well w/e call me when this thing gets leaked or gets a new publisher

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No wifi
frown.gif

Bear in mind that is a pre-release copy. Maybe they would have added WiFi later...

- Sam

Also, they say in the video that is was being worked on when Halo 2 was. So that's before Wi-Fi.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rumors are going around of bungie leaving microsoft after halo 3 and microsoft letting them go. still a rumor but I hope it's true.

halo on ds would have been so awesome, multiplayer capture the flag and all the other game types would have been great
frown.gif

G

Gilrad

According to IGN, it was a project to see if the DS could handle a halo FPS. If that's the case, then it's no surprise they slapped on an existing fps engine to it; probably just wanted to see if the game could run the Halo-like environments without turning into a slideshow.

But yea. Unfortunate end, eh? It wouldn't have been unheard of for the game to come out, either, considering MS lets Rare release games for the DS (Diddy Kong Racing, anybody?), guess the real question was, would Microsoft allow a DS port for their flagship title. By the looks of how canned the project is, I would say that's a no.

Of course, it might also have been for technical reasons in the end, anyway. The game doesn't look very good, after all. Metroid Prime was able to pull it off really well by having closed in spaces, but with these wide open arenas, the game really doesn't look too appealing. Perhaps they didn't manage to get the open spaces to look good and keep the framerate up at the same time.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's true that it does look like golden eye, and there are a few sketchy parts in that video, but still, don't kill peoples hopes of having halo on the ds so quickly.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never been a Halo fan but that looks pretty cool. I think the guys on Bungie just were like, "wouldn't it be cool to play Halo on a handheld anywhere?" So they probably tried it on some current handhelds, or thought about which would suit it best, and just tried it for fun on the DS, lol.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bungie, Microsoft Tight-Lipped On Separation Rumors

Those rumors surrounding a Bungie departure from Microsoft sure sound fishy, so we got in touch with some folks who might know a thing or two about it. We were hoping for either a "Yes, it's true. You'll find the details of the settlement in the attached PDF" or "Of course it's not true. Don't be ridiculous." Instead we got a double barrel blast of non-confirmation.

The response from a Bungie source? "Talk to your Edelman rep."

The response from Edelman, Microsoft's PR firm? "There's been no such announcement. We continue to celebrate the tremendous success of the global phenomenon that is Halo 3."

In the meantime, we continue to get e-mails with friend of a friend sourced factoids and ones with none too subtle hints on the matter. We're drowning in the winking emoticons!

As I wrote earlier, it sounds suspect—hence the rumor tag—but with the closing of FASA Studio, the developer behind Shadowrun, and the acquisition of Project Gotham Racing developer Bizarre Creations by Activision, yet another ripple in the Microsoft Game Studios pool of insanity wouldn't forcibly knock our socks off at this point.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a rumor but it still might happen. Similar things have happened before..remember that rumor of rare leaving nintendo? no one thought that was true and it happened.

I don't think they'd leave microsoft just maybe put out games for other consoles. it still sounds pretty doubtful but I can hope.

Canadacdn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What a pile of garbage. This is obviously fake, a mod of Goldeneye. It looks extremely similar to it, and Matt even hints at it being a fake in his blog post: "Not just developed by just some two-man team"..? My guess is that him and Bozon just threw this together in their spare time.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What a pile of garbage. This is obviously fake, a mod of Goldeneye. It looks extremely similar to it, and Matt even hints at it being a fake in his blog post: "Not just developed by just some two-man team"..? My guess is that him and Bozon just threw this together in their spare time.

matt could never pull off anything that convincing. most likely it was a proof of concept by real developers done on the goldeneye engine.

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i think this does look alot like a goldeneye mod but meh lets hope some homebrewer gets wing of this and begins developing a multiplayer game that the homebrew community can be extremely proud of =D

Sneakz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
w.e If Matt is lying by friday he'd probably tell the world its a joke or at LEAST but it on the DS main page (why the hell is only on his blog anyway, it is pretty big news right?)

Either way its cool that the old legened re-surfaced right? ... just to get buried again though

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yes, 2 game reviewers programmed a game.

Canadacdn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Yes, 2 game reviewers programmed a game.

I didn't say they programmed a game. There's a big difference between writing your own FPS engine, and skinning someone else's.

Sneakz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Canadian dude got you there, also why didn't they show a picture of the cartridge or how it looked on the DS menu? more questions I ask the more doubtful I become..

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canadian dude got you there, also why didn't they show a picture of the cartridge or how it looked on the DS menu? more questions I ask the more doubtful I become..

the cart would be a dev flash card, wouldnt prove anything

QUOTEI didn't say they programmed a game. There's a big difference between writing your own FPS engine, and skinning someone else's.
so what? should perfect dark not be a game, because it was a goldeneye engine with tweaks... like this game would of been with rogue agent

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back