Halo CE for switch

  • Thread starter Thread starter NDSAK2
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 430
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Likes Likes 2

NDSAK2

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
34
Trophies
1
XP
672
Country
Canada
Not my work, just posting because I thought some may be interested. It's an early testing port ymmv. With oc to 1.7ghz it's mostly playable. Maps take a moment to load, and it lags at checkpoints. The dev has plans to improve this.

Requires a Halo CE Xbox iso in the switch/halo folder, or the maps folder copied from the PC version of the decomp (not Halo PC). If you supply the ISO it will take a few minutes to extract the maps, be patient 😂

https://github.com/thelinkin3000/halo-ce-universal/releases
 
Last edited by NDSAK2,
When I run it with pre-extracted maps or a .xiso it leads to a selection menu. Campaign just causes the app to close. Can't get in-game at all.
 
When I run it with pre-extracted maps or a .xiso it leads to a selection menu. Campaign just causes the app to close. Can't get in-game at all.
The dev is active in the open-ce discord @thelinkin3000, the invite is linked in his GitHub. He would like more Switch testers, if you're into that sort of thing, I think I'm the only one at the moment. He indicated he would be working further on the port this weekend.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure the folder is '/switch/halo' exactly, I initially had it named something else that lead to crashes.
 
When I run it with pre-extracted maps or a .xiso it leads to a selection menu. Campaign just causes the app to close. Can't get in-game at all.
make sure adress space is 36bit and cpu cores is 3 (default), make sure ur iso is in the folder, rename halo release folder to just halo, and if the maps are not extracting extract it yourself and place the folder in "halo" folder; these are the main reasons i found it would crash
 
  • Like
Reactions: NDSAK2
make sure adress space is 36bit and cpu cores is 3 (default), make sure ur iso is in the folder, rename halo release folder to just halo, and if the maps are not extracting extract it yourself and place the folder in "halo" folder; these are the main reasons i found it would crash
I'm new to switch modding but I've never heard of adjusting address space or cores in this context. Where do I do that? I've tried using the extracted maps with the same result, like it can't see them. folders are named exactly according to their readme.
 
I'm new to switch modding but I've never heard of adjusting address space or cores in this context. Where do I do that? I've tried using the extracted maps with the same result, like it can't see them. folders are named exactly according to their readme.
The address space & cores are options when making a menu forwarder with sphaira. In not sure why it's failing. Are you on the latest update build 39? Any build after 38 will give you the option to auto update now.
 
The dev is active in the open-ce discord @thelinkin3000, the invite is linked in his GitHub. He would like more Switch testers, if you're into that sort of thing, I think I'm the only one at the moment. He indicated he would be working further on the port this weekend.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure the folder is '/switch/halo' exactly, I initially had it named something else that lead to crashes.
I've joined and I @ them
Post automatically merged:

The address space & cores are options when making a menu forwarder with sphaira. In not sure why it's failing. Are you on the latest update build 39? Any build after 38 will give you the option to auto update now.
I'm on Build 39 with the same results and I don't get it.
 
AFAIK any Xbox Halo CE iso should work, PAL or NTSC. The initial extraction takes a while on the Switch, so I'd personally recommend preparing the maps using a PC version, then copying the maps folder to your SD card .
Ok, got it

Thank ye

(The iso is also bigger than 4GB and my SD is formatted to FAT32 so extraction is required either way heh heh)
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted