Hardware Hall Effect sensor joycon sticks on Amazon

ToppestOfDogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Retroflag adapter just got here. I haven't used it for too long but initial impressions are good. It was easy to set up and it seems to just work. Switch mode works exactly how you'd expect and I tried Xinput mode with a few games that are notoriously picky with controllers and it worked with all of them.
Turbo works in both modes and I like how quick it is to rebind the macro buttons.
I don't like that you need to download the keylinker app on a phone to update the firmware though. It'd be nice if there were a PC program.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't like that you need to download the keylinker app on a phone to update the firmware though. It'd be nice if there were a PC program.
I agree with this. Keylinker app is kind of a mess and my biggest complaint with the whole thing so far. Required me to connect the gamepad to the phone, which I would otherwise have virtually no reason to do, whereas connecting it to the PC is something I'm already likely to do.

ToppestOfDogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with this. Keylinker app is kind of a mess and my biggest complaint with the whole thing so far. Required me to connect the gamepad to the phone, which I would otherwise have virtually no reason to do, whereas connecting it to the PC is something I'm already likely to do.
Did you get the firmware to update? When I try to connect it to my phone, it says it can't communicate.

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Will let RetroFlag know this.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently stumbled upon these hall effect joycon sticks on Amazon, but I wonder if they're fake or real. Has anyone purchased these? It says they are from Gulikit but manufactured by Aknes. I know Gulikit was making hall effect joycon sticks but I thought they're not out yet. There is no customer reviews on Amazon on these.

Link to Amazon: www.amazon.com/AKNES-Replacement-ThumbStick-Controller-Thumbstick/dp/B0BPS1R5D8
Link to German Amazon: www.amazon.de/-/en/GULIKit-Joystick-Replacement-Controller-Analogue/dp/B0BPSMXHDQ/
What do you guys think?

EDIT:

Apparently these are real as they work and they are now on official Gulikit site. User binkinator has bought and tested these. (pics and review by him below on his posts.)
Link to Gulikit site: https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/945307.html
Thank you! I'm buying a pair now.

Reactions: AKNES

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you get the firmware to update? When I try to connect it to my phone, it says it can't communicate.
I did! You're trying to pair the SuperPack itself and not the gamepad? That won't work. Go to your bluetooth settings with the SuperPack set to Xinput mode, use the pairing button on the SuperPack but pair the "Xbox Wireless Controller" in your bluetooth settings. Then you should see that Keylinker detects the SuperPack as expected.

Reactions: AKNES

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I did! You're trying to pair the SuperPack itself and not the gamepad? That won't work. Go to your bluetooth settings with the SuperPack set to Xinput mode, use the pairing button on the SuperPack but pair the "Xbox Wireless Controller" in your bluetooth settings. Then you should see that Keylinker detects the SuperPack as expected.
The most straightforward way is:
Turn on Bluetooth (no need to connect the controller or superpack) → open keylinker → in the app, you can see your superpack in the list, click to connect

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello everyone, I want to collect a large number of user requirements (ideal game hardware products for users), what method is better to use?
At present, I found that posting similar posts on reddit or GBAtemp will be restricted.

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Why GBATemp will be a restricted method?
Hahaha,sorry.
It worked. Thank you!

1691047768761.png

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I received my third pair of these hall effect joysticks. The first pair I installed for a friend. I don't recall them having issues. The second pair I installed for myself and one of the joysticks was clicking so today I installed another one from the third order I made. Both of those were fine but twisting them around you can sometimes feel the friction from the mechanisms. Do you oil these with anything? Maybe that's not so smart. I'm aware others here have asked and gotten sent new ones but I couldn't bother...but am I super happy with the quality of these? I'm gonna give them like a .... 95%.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played