kingkong

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
is there any games like half life 2 for ds? maybe with better gfx cos of the two screens compared to 1 screen version

Tall Alien

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*super facepalm to tha extreme*

nah jk thats what i would have put if i assumed something about-

anyways, how about mph or wait for moon ds to come out

jampot5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there is no way the ds could handle hl2 let alone something better, and you want better from a handheld than a console or a computer can handle?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No there are no games with similar or better graphics to Half-life 2 for the DS. However there a few games that have a similar concept.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jampot5000 said:
there is no way the ds could handle hl2 let alone something better, and you want better from a handheld than a console or a computer can handle?

I suggest waiting for moon and playing dementium: the ward until then. Dementium is more of a survival horror though. but it does have its fps elements.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
FPS's on the DS are a bit of an acquired taste. That said, if they took the graphics of Dementium: The Ward and put a story (and level design) in there that's as intriguing and involving as Half Life, I'd be on it like a mustache on a Mario.

..and if you like Silent Hill kinda stuff, give Dementium a spin. It's got some problems (mainly level design) but with headphones in a dark room, it's surprisingly creepy.

...and I can't hardly wait for Moon. I hope there's some good story there. That's the thing.. the DS ain't no graphical powerhouse, but with a really good story, that's easily forgiven.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want better graphics just get a psp. Ds is more about innovation.

Ferrariman said:
Number of screens does not improve picture quality.

laugh.gif

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BETTER than HL2 graphics?!

The DS can't even handle a fourth of that game. DS is a bad little console for gfx, so you might be better off looking somewhere else for that. However, there are a few FPS games such as Metroid or CoD.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reckon Half Life 1 could be done, albeit with a drop in resolution & adjustments with the engine of course. It won't ever happen though, publishers don't seem that keen on doing hard core games on the DS unless its of Japanese origin. The problem is that people don't buy them, take away flash carts and we'll probably have more.

The only problem I've had with DS FPS games have been with level design (no fault of the DS) and of course hand cramp.

I don't think Moon will be "the DS Half Life", I expect it to be a solid game though. We may see something along HL quality, with story, level design and gameplay, its certainly possible.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mthrnite said:
...That said, if they took the graphics of Dementium: The Ward and put a story (and level design) in there that's as intriguing and involving as Half Life, I'd be on it like a mustache on a Mario....

Yeah, to me that was the shame of Dementium. It had all the basics to be a really great first-person adventure on DS -- great lighting and sound, lightning-fast framerate, awesome atmosphere; the inventory system and writing on the little note paper both worked great. But the game went nowhere. You encounter the same enemies over and over, traveling down the same type halls through a completely linear design. At the end, you get no answers, nothing really more about the character...the story just never did anything.

In my opinion, Theresia is about as close as you're gonna get to anything even remotely like HL on DS. It plays nothing like it, but at least there's a story there, one you want to uncover.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay