Gaming Half dead SD Card, Help!

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to put some files on to a SD card and for some reason my SD read randomly decides to dismount my SD card while the files where copying. My PC doesn't seem to read the card anymore. But my wii does, I had some homebrew, Wiiware, VC and game wbfs files on it and they all seem to work fine. the wii says the card has 0 blocks left and I can not seem to beable to delete any files on the SD card from the wii either. It just reads most of the files fine. As in Pokemon Battle Revolution and the USB loader channel forwarder don't work properly anymore after the corruptions.

Is there any hope to fix this?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
that is probably that the nand of the sd card has reached its end of life
the best you can do is copy everything to your pc because you can lose it

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Porobu said:
that is probably that the nand of the sd card has reached its end of life
the best you can do is copy everything to your pc because you can lose it

he can't copy anything from it, the thing is dead.

QUOTE(KazoWAR @ Dec 12 2010, 06:36 AM) I was trying to put some files on to a SD card and for some reason my SD read randomly decides to dismount my SD card while the files where copying. My PC doesn't seem to read the card anymore. But my wii does, I had some homebrew, Wiiware, VC and game wbfs files on it and they all seem to work fine. the wii says the card has 0 blocks left and I can not seem to beable to delete any files on the SD card from the wii either. It just reads most of the files fine. As in Pokemon Battle Revolution and the USB loader channel forwarder don't work properly anymore after the corruptions.

first off make sure your card reader is not the problem, some card readers are really crappy so check for that and replace it, you can also check for bad sectors on the sd card (when you get a working card reader that is) and try to defrag the data, if that all fails it's time to get a new sd card unfortunately.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
KazoWAR said:
I was trying to put some files on to a SD card and for some reason my SD read randomly decides to dismount my SD card while the files where copying. My PC doesn't seem to read the card anymore. But my wii does, I had some homebrew, Wiiware, VC and game wbfs files on it and they all seem to work fine. the wii says the card has 0 blocks left and I can not seem to beable to delete any files on the SD card from the wii either. It just reads most of the files fine. As in Pokemon Battle Revolution and the USB loader channel forwarder don't work properly anymore after the corruptions.

I/O error? try formatting under a *NIX OS (LINUX, UNIX, OSX, etc). Apart from that I can't think of anything else.

pokefan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HP USB Storage Format Tool
Panasonic SD Formatter
HDD Low Level Format Tool.

For me, the best of all is the HP tool. It recovers your SD, Pendrive and any memory you can connect to a computer. Itt repairs the memory but the data will be gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc