Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would love to see more about the NES2WII hardware interface, I know you're not planning to sell it, but how about making it Open Hardware / Open Software?
Would love to use it on my own Arcade cabinet (when I finally build it).

Respects and congratulations for all knowledge you've got from hakchi/hakchi2.

Greetings from Mexico!

galder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have one issue my Snes mini not save now canoe saves system but the games with save battery fine working fine.
How can fix this issue i can not create suspend games
PD: Using Hackchi 2.30

N0mi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I may need your help. I started connecting my SNES mini to hakchi 2 ce 3.8.0 a few days ago and spent the next days addings some modules via KMFD's Mod Hub and a couple of games afterwards. Today I just wanted to add few more games, but after connecting the SNES mini there were no more games listed than the original games and all the modules are shown as unknown. I had about 150 MB used on the device, now it shows only 328KB. Can anybody hint me to what has happened and is there any way to get everything back without starting from scratch? Are those games really gone? Any help welcome!

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since today my Mini-NES is not longer recognized by any Hakchi version, this afternoon it was sort of working, I could add and delete games but when playing and opening a game my Mini-NES crashed, this was because of having too much games. After removing one, everything started working again, except MSX, master system and Genesis games, and some NES games. I think this had to do with a new Retroarch update i did, so after deleting the modules, my Mini-NES is no longer being recognized by Hakchi, I can install modules so using reset-> on/off button works, but I cannot see it online. What can I do next, it is as if something is broke. I am using the official cable, also tried my Mini-SNES one, checked 2 pc's and one laptop, all containing Windows 10 64bit. I have half of a backup of my save states but honestly I do not want to loose them. I am not sure what I can try next?!

Last edited by Mad-Mega,

steven1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having a bit of a problem with Hakchi. Yesterday I added a load of games from snes and md, saved everything on my pc then shut the program down. Booted it up this morning and see all the games in the structure list but when I went to add different system games and saved it whatever I had saved isnt showing up and no idea why.

It just seems if I add games whatever I did the day before is gone and no idea why it does this.

Secondly its cool that snes and nes game cover and data gets auto downloaded but if you try mame or speccy games you have to manually do each one so unsure if this will ever get patched.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I'll be helpful, because I only added games specific for the console, but make sure (if using hakchi ce) that the tab next to structure is correct:
upload_2020-11-14_8-44-38.png

I don't recall games automatically downloading artwork (unless that's new), but you can right click the game and have it search google. this even works if you have all games selected, so it's fast and convenient. I resized my artwork, even though afaik it's resized automatically with hakchi. however, I noticed some were not sized correctly, so that's why I did it manually. did you try the google search function?

thecaver99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have just set up my snes classic mini with hakchi2-ce-3.8.0 and i can see the boot screen and i have put on nes, snes, megadrive, master system, n64, neo geo which comes tpo 7.6gb so ive exported to a 16gb usb but when i plus the usb into my otg hub connected to the mini i cant see the games and have no options to use usb or select cours
upload_2021-1-6_20-27-15.png

upload_2021-1-6_20-27-53.png

upload_2021-1-6_20-28-28.png

i have included the structure and was woundering what am i doing wrong?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what kind of otg device do you have? some don't work very well. I found one that works 100% of the time, and it's shaped like a squid.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it looks like this:
20210106_143157.jpg

thecaver99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its a 7 port usb hub that i use for my mister, not sure of the make
i have seen them on ebay for 2.50 and was looking at getting one to connect full time

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you flashed the system, and put all games on the flash drive or whatever, I assume the issue is with the otg adapter. I had a right angled one that wouldn't work most of the time.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say try another otg device like the one I upped a picture of. I use it for both snes and genesis minis. I only have the flash changed with the nes mini. I put only the entire no intro set for usa, plus a few Japanese games, on each system. I only put the roms for that system on each, so the nes mini's flash was large enough for the entire no intro usa nes set. the snes and genesis minis can't do it without an otg adapter. and, the psx classic doesn't even need an otg adapter as you can plug that into the second controller port. anyway, both snes and genesis mini work with it every time (use the same adapter and flash drive for both).

kevmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi guys i am having some problems trying to upload the game "Super Bros 10 Kung Fu Mari (Jackie Chan Hack)" to my mini nes i keep getting grey screen, idk why. i also tried with 2 NES emulators on my pc, with jnes i get the same grey screen when i load the game, and with pusnes i loads just fine. I really want to get it to work in my mini nes with hakchi CE but i cant get to solve the issue. Anyone expierencie this and solve it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys i am having some problems trying to upload the game "Super Bros 10 Kung Fu Mari (Jackie Chan Hack)" to my mini nes i keep getting grey screen, idk why. i also tried with 2 NES emulators on my pc, with jnes i get the same grey screen when i load the game, and with pusnes i loads just fine. I really want to get it to work in my mini nes with hakchi CE but i cant get to solve the issue. Anyone expierencie this and solve it?
Try another emulator for that game on the mini.

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I get the "Your device it taking too long to boot" message, I read something about Zadig working for the Snes Mini, is it working for the Genesis too?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that message can usually be ignored. don't know about zadig. I have the snes and genesis minis, and I installed retroarch on both of them. I haven't encountered a game that didn't work, but I also have the entire usa catalogue plus a few Japanese titles on the snes mini, so I have a lot of games going through an otg device. I also injected the European version of the wily wars even though the usa version has a unique version of it on the genesis mini. can't access the original games when you flash a new database of games it would seem. I once tried the EU version of wily wars with the original emulator that the system uses, and the minis are actually region locked or at least the genesis one is. I forgot the message, but it wouldn't play the game. however, retroarch doesn't care about region. ;)

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
that message can usually be ignored. don't know about zadig. I have the snes and genesis minis, and I installed retroarch on both of them. I haven't encountered a game that didn't work, but I also have the entire usa catalogue plus a few Japanese titles on the snes mini, so I have a lot of games going through an otg device. I also injected the European version of the wily wars even though the usa version has a unique version of it on the genesis mini. can't access the original games when you flash a new database of games it would seem. I once tried the EU version of wily wars with the original emulator that the system uses, and the minis are actually region locked or at least the genesis one is. I forgot the message, but it wouldn't play the game. however, retroarch doesn't care about region. ;)

Okay, for me the little red light won't turn green when I plug it in to the PC. So I'm guessing that means that the Genesis can't get a connection with the PC.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Does the SNES Mini run on Linux? @godreborn

What I'm wondering is would it be possible to create a shortcut to power off the device from the controller. I found this:

https://github.com/CompCom/OptionsMenu

But its a bit bloated and I don't need all that and don't like the keypress menu. Just a title on the main screen where I can click it and Mini powers off. Sure I know the switch will still be up and need to be changed again but its just more convenient and would be a nice quality of life improvement.

Found a couple of comments that suggest it can be done:

You could make a fake game named shutdown. Then edit the .desktop file change exec=. To exec=bin/sh (name of your script)
Make a simple file/script and has one line of code
poweroff
using ftp move it to hakchi/rootfs/bin
I think that is the path but either way it need to be placed in the bin folder
This should power it off while still having the power switch in the on position....so at this point when remotely turn of the wifi recepticale u are basically unplugging it.
I haven't tested it but this should inturn power back on when the u turn the recepticla back on.

Madmonkey said "create a 'game' with /bin/gameover command line" Combined with the other reply, you might be able to make it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn