Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Quoting from reddit:
Introducing Hakchi Easy Installer Updater
The Hakchi Easy Installer/Updater App is a simple to use application which helps users install and set up their console with Hakchi from scratch and from previous versions.

Basically, if you want to update Hakchi or Install Hakchi, rebuild Hakchi set up with the latest stable build of Hakchi, RA, basic cores, and mods. Use this application.

The main features of the app include:

• Web based installs. (No huge executable only download what you require)
  • Handle installs and updates for NAND, USB and SD set up methods
  • Upgrade any version of Hakchi to the latest Hakchi2ce
  • Automated drive structuring for SD/USB
  • Automated transfer from previous Hakchi versions to a new installation
  • Hand picked optional apps available on install. (i.e. RetroArch, Options Menu, Essential Cores + More!)
  • Step by Step kernel flashing guides
If you receive a Windows SmartScreen warning.
Don't panic. It's not a virus, it's just flagged it because it's a self-extracting exe that you have downloaded from the web. If you click more info and run anyway it will function as normal.

This program is completely virus free you can find the virus report here: virus scan report

Only 4 minor AVs flagged it as a false positive because it's a self-extracting executable.

Video Tutorial videos (Supplied by Patton Plays)
Final note:
This has been a project which has taken a while to make mainly due to the sheer amount of set up permutations. It is very likely that we haven't accounted for every possible situation but we tried out best. This is the first release. We will answer your questions as soon as possible. Any issues let us know and we will try and rectify them.

Swingflip, 'TheOtherGuys' and 'Team Hakchi Resources'

SOURCE LINKS:

Last edited by Advokaten,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But there're no optimization for CE since Feb 2017. I can't believe that, there could be so many things for better handling. Will there once come another update?
Changing the commandline for every single game with isos or archives is a very bad handling, that would be easy to change.
Sure, for have 2-10 roms it's ok, but ot for huge collections like yours and mine, therefor Hakchi has really bad handling.

This has nothing to do with hakchi. You realize there are close to 1000 different extensions that can work with all of the Cores in my set? How long do you think it would take to program all of those, and make sure there are no conflicts:) Not so easy, hehe:) But, you can use Find and Replace in my Core Set, and change ANY Command line within 30 seconds! Let me know if you need help with this! You could entirely fix your set in less than a few minutes, whereas attempting to program all extensions and variables (plus many extensions are shared!, making things way more complicated), would take quite a bit of time! BUT, on the bright side, this is something I have been trying to help them with, as far as trying to whitelist or blacklist. It is just super complicated with the 1000+ extensions:) So, your /bin/blahblah, can easily be changed via Find and Replace, just don't forget that:) Remember, it takes hundreds of hours of work to work on hakchi:) Minutes for ANY user to change a perimeter in his/her setup:) For the record, my set-up, has a few hundred distinctive extensions, which I have already changed. View COMMANDS folder in my Xtras Folder, and you will see that I tried to as best as possible make things work, Command Line wise. Let me know what exactly you are having issues with:)

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: 18Phoenix

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Stadium Cross for MAME2003 and I can see RA sets the tweaks (frameskip 5, correct screen size) but the game is still very choppy and unplayable. Does this indicate I have a bad rom or is this just how the game plays? It's pretty bad and I'm using ALL the latest cores from KMFDM's 3-22-18 coreset.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My adapter was so flimsy that it broke before I could move on to test other consoles :( At least I'm on CE and have USB up and running :)

Is there an easy way to separate games by system, like a super nintendo folder, a GBA folder and then sub folders within?

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My adapter was so flimsy that it broke before I could move on to test other consoles :( At least I'm on CE and have USB up and running :)

Is there an easy way to separate games by system, like a super nintendo folder, a GBA folder and then sub folders within?
Absolutely. Here's a video I made on how to do that

Reactions: supermist

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These Performance Upgrades will be implemented in my next Core Set Update, after the weekend:)

Listened to many of your requests and you will see all of these Performance Upgraded for the next release:) The Gladiator, Alien Storm, Knights of Valour 1 and 2, Hoops '96, Dungeon Magic AKA Lightbringer, Ninja Baseball Batman, Power Drift, and mGBA as an added bonus:)

Personal thanks to GREGGOE2008, Tamy Pham, SebasHCG, Geo K,, and anyone else who recommended these games to check into for Performance Upgrades:)

Feel free to request any other Games to look into:) These will be categorized two different ways, Static and Dynamic! Static ones will be unchangeable Rom Set Names. These will not work, under any circumstance, if you change their names! Dynamic ones, will work, no matter what you name them:) That being said, when I do the Performance Upgrades, they will fall under these two categories, in the future!!! So, then, let me know anything else you Guys and Gals would like to see done!!! See you next Update:)

P.S. I will, tomorrow, put a WIP file in Xtras/Arcade (on the Mega Link!), showing the current Games for me to look into tweaking or fixing! If you do not see your games on the list, let me know, remind me, etc, and I will get it on the list:)

**My Core Set:)**

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried Stadium Cross for MAME2003 and I can see RA sets the tweaks (frameskip 5, correct screen size) but the game is still very choppy and unplayable. Does this indicate I have a bad rom or is this just how the game plays? It's pretty bad and I'm using ALL the latest cores from KMFDM's 3-22-18 coreset.

I mentioned in the video that it would still be somewhat imperfect, as the game is quite CPU Intensive. Don't expect gold from everything:) But, it runs far better than it did before! I may do one or two more tweaks to Stadium Cross to boost FPS just a little more:) Outrunners is a better boost. I will continue boosting as many more games as possible!

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks to everyone for all the nice help ^_^

Fine, the Hakchi Easy Installer Updater is a really nice tool.

Now I'm with Hakchi CE. And I've the first Problem. I've installed it on my USB and start it from there.
But how do I synchronise with the USB stick? The 2.3 Version gave me the option to choose where to install.
I don't see this option in the CE Edition, it always wants to copy to the mini.
Please help me :wacko:

STOP
I found out myself. Via Export games + Linked export, very nice.

Last edited by 18Phoenix,

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  • Is it possible to disable the dos command window ?
  • When I want to install a lot extra moduls at once, I always get an error. Is that normal, should I only install one by one or up to 3-5 at once?
  • In my hakchi2ce folder, all games seems to be twice, once in /games and again in /games_snes. How can I fix that, can I delete one of them?
  • Still question about saving the settings. How? I can't see where I can save the settings like "Aspect ratio: Core provided" or "Bilinear filtering: on" as standard. Going to "Configurations" and chose "Save Current/New configuration" doesn't work, starting again has the old settings :(

Thanks for helping

Last edited by 18Phoenix,

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hakchi easy installer doesn't work here,i choose install from usb,then i choose I for install and next i choose my usbstick,and then it says not connected to internet while i'm here at gbatemp:huh:
Usb stick formatted as fat32,gona try other format.
Tryed format exfat,still no go,i give up,don't gona mess with my network settings.

Last edited by fille,

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which romset are needed for the different MameCores?
If the complete Mame 0.195 set, but a lot roms (which don't need extra bios or sample files) don't work with Mame2003 core.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hakchi easy installer doesn't work here,i choose install from usb,then i choose I for install and next i choose my usbstick,and then it says not connected to internet while i'm here at gbatemp:huh:
Usb stick formatted as fat32,gona try other format.
Tryed format exfat,still no go,i give up,don't gona mess with my network settings.

You can manually do it quite easily by downloading hakchi2 CE from link in my Github, flash custom kernel, flash custom, reinstall HMODS from my Core Set, have flash drive formatted to NTFS

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My snes classic is already modded with hakchi2 ce,but i thought it was eay with that easyinstaller to use the usb thingy,but it doesn't work here for whatever reason.
I have a real snes with sd2snes,so i don't really care kmfdmanic,but thx for your core and hard work.

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KMFDManic I was playing the game Shove It (genesis rom) on SNES classic last night (USB-HOST) and after an hour of playing I did the SELECT+DOWN to go into the menu to save my game but I got a C8. This is the 2nd time that's happened with this game and it's always after playing for about an hour. If I play for 5-15 minutes and SELECT+DOWN to the menu it doesn't C8.

I'm using 30 games per folder and on ALL of your latest cores, and running on HakchiCE (latest version)

Any ideas what causes this? I saw on reddit this was posted and you indicated to quit RA using the RA exit feature. I'm just trying to figure out if I did something wrong with my
setup and what would cause this. I tried loading other Genesis games briefly to exit and they work but I haven't played them for an hour or so like Shove It.

TonyBiH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
@KMFDManic
Could you please give me advice. I lost my hakchi2 for SNES when my Windows crashed but I have working SNES with all my games. I've tried to retrieve games from SNES Mini to new 2.30 hakchi over FTP with Filezilla but even if I turn off firewall there is nothing inside dev/hand it keeps saying is in different format.
500 Input string was not in a correct format.
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
Installed USB support is online. But 0 games just original 21. Is there way to do that or I have to start from scratch?
Luckily i have my original kernel saved.

Last edited by TonyBiH,

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone notice a minor graphic glitch in Harvest Moon running with CANOE? Go to the forest at night in fall and you’ll understand. While you’re running through the forest, the leaves are orange, but you keep stand and the leaves become brown.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi