Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey KMFDManic, thanks for all your great work.
One question, have you gotten Terminator 2 arcade shooter to work?
I tried once but the controls were screwed. Even after i calibrated them again from the cabinet menu. The aim cursor would stick to the upper left corner for some reason:/
And other question: if i order retrobit snes classic adapter can i really use Dualshock 4 with all these games? Thanks!

There have been gripes about some controllers, such as PS4, XBOX, etc, having analog issues, as in one of the analogs not working, and or R3, L3 not functioning, etc. You can use it. But, you may not be able to use it fully. 8bitdo has had a lot of feedback on this sort of thing, as I have told many many people to report conflicts to them. 8bitdo kept blaming RetroArch. But, the fact is, it is them that can make things work by updating the firmware for the receiver and controllers:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey KMFDManic, thanks for all your great work.
One question, have you gotten Terminator 2 arcade shooter to work?
I tried once but the controls were screwed. Even after i calibrated them again from the cabinet menu. The aim cursor would stick to the upper left corner for some reason:/
And other question: if i order retrobit snes classic adapter can i really use Dualshock 4 with all these games? Thanks!

You may have possibly seen my MAME Controller Frustration Video? In any case, configuring games such as terminator 2, Hard Driving, Race Drivin, Cruisn' USA, etc, are best suited to USB-HOST configurations. I may set up some preconfigured files and throw them into my set, if I get a chance to. This video shows me configuring Cruisn:) I plan on getting some of the "trickier" games done, so that Non-USB-HOST can enjoy them without worry of the crazy configuration set-ups. Some are really advanced.

Reactions: Doublemeat

marcushg85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Id like to ask KMFDManic about the CRT shader and the latest retroarch. First. Is the CRT shader just compatible with nesc not snes? And is the latest retroarch compatible with clusters hackchi 2.3? Thanks

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I added a dummy folder just like in your vids to mess about with mame games
But for some strange reason retroarch doesn't see the folder?? It's inside the games folder on the USB drive
It's got me totally baffled lol why I can't see the folder
Games are linked if that makes any difference ?
Any ideas

Thanks

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nvm... I fixed it.

Attachments

• nes_error.png
    nes_error.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 356
  • hakchice.png
    hakchice.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 279
  • GAMEUPLOADERROR.png
    GAMEUPLOADERROR.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 311
Last edited by The Frenchman,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id like to ask KMFDManic about the CRT shader and the latest retroarch. First. Is the CRT shader just compatible with nesc not snes? And is the latest retroarch compatible with clusters hackchi 2.3? Thanks

SNESC already has a CRT Filter that can be used in Display Options on the SNESC, itself. It is pretty pointless to use the NESC one:) It is meant for NESC, only, for sure:)

If you want to use the RetroArchs in my set, you should use Hakchi2 CE, linked to

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
this is going sound dumb to most people here but im having problems getting super scope games working on retroarch with the controller options no matter how i set it up i cant get a anything to work lol is it possible to play super scope games via retroarch/hakchi2 on a snes classic??

im using a 8bitdo SF30 and a SF30 PRO which retroache detects as a retro controller/analog if that helps in anyway :)

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a way to pass arguments to the c64 core while starting?
If I try to pass -vice_Drive8Type="1581" or just -Drive8Type="1581" etc. - that's all ignored.

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi suspend points work on arcade games running fba core but don't work with mame core is this right or am I doing something wrong. For mame cores do I just use retroarch save states ?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I've asked this here before but, here goes. I'm trying to play Rampage on my nes classic. But with only player one controller plugged it, it will only let me play as the brown ape. I was bored, so I plugged in another control and this let player one be the ape and player 2 be the lizard man. Is it not possible to choose the white wolf man ? I tried looking for a controls setup in the mame menu, but there isn't one. It's the mame 2000 version, if that helps any.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another quick question. I had a game in mame 2000 that didn't have any mame tab options. I just saw a video where you can hit R2 to access these. Do all versions of mame 2000 have this or do I have to have the newest version ? Also, it's been a while since I've installed any hmods, so if I update the mame 2000 hmod, do I have to go back to stock and reinstall everything, or can I just uninstall the old mame 2000 and install the new one ?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 3-10-18**

Xtreme Shaders Add-On (Hundreds upon Hundreds of nifty things you can do with this! Some of them are showcased in the video! You can do a Mini GB, NES Classic Filter, Bezel, Etc!!! Expect me to be doing Updated Changes with these Shaders, as feedback comes in:) I look forward to "Preferred" Shader feedback, especially! I am also doing a WIP on implementation of Stubborn Games, as also detailed in a video, for NEXT Release:) Otherwise, I updated FBA 2016 (Mega Drive Additions), TGBDual (Subsystem Support like SGB with Dual Link Games; Thanks fr500!!!), NP2Kai (m3u Load Fixes; Thanks Tomohiro Yoshidomi!!!), Fuse (Keyboard Mapping Fixes; Thanks leiradel, pjft), MAME 2014 (Input Lag Fix; Thanks Tatsuya79!!!, MrBoom, RetroArch with a minor tweak (Overlay Blocking Gui). I updated NES Cheats to include Final Fantasy. I still plan on working additional NEO Changes into my RetroArch, and vice versa, in the very near future! Enjoy the Update, as well as these two videos! Personal thanks this time to markwkidd (Try out the FreeINT Core he worked on to play some magnificent Retro Intellivision Goodness!), gpstar (MAME 2014 Updating & Testing/Incoming Mortal Kombat Goodness), madmonkey!!!!!!, Kane1985/TheWez1981 for pushing me towards doing a Shaders Update, and ALL Elevator Action Return Fans out there! Taito Rules too! Lastly, thanks to TwinAphex!!! and, frranck (Incredibly awesome MrBoom Core!!! Enjoy the Update, everyone:) And, thanks for putting up with my unorthodox, non-bullet style Wall of Texts in every Update:)

**SNES Classic - SNES Classic - Xtreme Shaders Add-On Test - Mini GB, Etc:)**

**SNES Classic - Stubborn Game Tweaks**

**And, of course, the Update:)**

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

Last edited by KMFDManic,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another quick question. I had a game in mame 2000 that didn't have any mame tab options. I just saw a video where you can hit R2 to access these. Do all versions of mame 2000 have this or do I have to have the newest version ? Also, it's been a while since I've installed any hmods, so if I update the mame 2000 hmod, do I have to go back to stock and reinstall everything, or can I just uninstall the old mame 2000 and install the new one ?

You did grab my latest Core Set Update, did you not:) The MAME 2000 in there has this ability.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did grab my latest Core Set Update, did you not:) The MAME 2000 in there has this ability.
Yeah. I've got the latest mame 2000 and mame 2003. I even added mame 2010 so I could play Ninja Baseball Batman. The game plays seemingly fine. The sound is all f'ed up, but the game plays.

Now if I can just get 2 player Rampage, Lunar Lander, and 2 player Gauntlet to work. I last tried Gauntlet 2003, Rampage 2003, and Lunar Lander 2000. I JUST redid it with Gauntlet 2000, Rampage 2000, and Lunar Lander 2003. Hopefully this works. I've been able to get every other game I've tried...to work. I'd especially like to get Lunar Lander to work in mame 2000, so I can maybe use that R2 menu trick to try to get it to work. When I would add credits in the game and hit start, one of the little mame on screen menus would come up, where I can change vector flicker and such. I could never get rid of it, which makes the game impossible to play.

I'm getting pretty tired of fiddling with these three games, to be honest. If it all comes down to it, I can always play them on my computer...though that's not ideal.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Pretty good update for me. I got Rampage and Gauntlet working...finally. I just can't seem to get Lunar Lander to work. The game will start just fine. I hit select to add credits to play, but as soon as I hit start to begin the game, the little mame menu pops up with options like, I said, vector flicker, discrete sound, etc. I supposed I could try the mame 2000 version of Lunar Lander again, seeing as I get the newest version of mame 2000...but not today. Lunar Lander isn't that big of a game for me. I'm sure I'll get around to it.

justme488

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would cause my flash drive to not be detected by my nes mini? I don't know what i'm overlooking I have usb host enabled in hakchi2 2.30, and saved settings. The files transferred to the flash drive, but when I plug the flash drive into the otg adapter, I turn on the mini and just get the 30 games it came with. I can add games without the usb storage, so I know it's gotta be something i'm overlooking. I have followed the guide on the hakchi2 wiki. I do know the otg adapter is good, as I tested it with my phone. Any ideas?

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What would cause my flash drive to not be detected by my nes mini? I don't know what i'm overlooking I have usb host enabled in hakchi2 2.30, and saved settings. The files transferred to the flash drive, but when I plug the flash drive into the otg adapter, I turn on the mini and just get the 30 games it came with. I can add games without the usb storage, so I know it's gotta be something i'm overlooking. I have followed the guide on the hakchi2 wiki. I do know the otg adapter is good, as I tested it with my phone. Any ideas?
Maybe the usb stick is too slow (maybe slow chips or too big) and thus not gets detected at boot fast enough to be mounted.

Reactions: artemus3

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What OTG adapter are you using? Did you install the kernel for the mini? Are you powering the adapter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game