Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello friends!!!!:grog:

A couple of questions:

Is this the last hakchi2, is the official cluster tests?

https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases:bow:

Is this the page with the latest KMFDManic cores? They serve equally for nes and snes, the core of retroarch also?

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/:bow::toot:

And last question, will cluster add the optional memory extension for snes in the hakchi2 menu? And menu to change snes funds in the hakcki2?:hrth:

67jKxMr.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3b0kbJ15NDpUi1rczJ4S2xXa1E/view

Instructions to use, program made by klausus::teach:

1. You must unzip the app in the same directory where you have the hackchii.

2. You can put it in English or Spanish the application.

3. You can select if you want to compress the images when importing (recommended).

4. At the beginning the console does not have the original frames of the snes and it asks you to make a series of very easy steps so that the app can copy them by ftp.

5. If you install a module with frames / borders and want to install another one, remember that you must first uninstall the one that is already installed if you do not want to leave trash in the console.

6. If you uninstall the frames module for snes / canoe, either because you do not want extra funds, or want to install another one, before doing so, select in the snes a background from which the serial console comes. If it is selected as the current frame, one that you are going to remove can cause a softbrick (it is solved by reflashing the original kernel).

care to share or point to the borders you are using? the SNES classic one looks great!

Reactions: loveShmups

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And, today's good news, Expandable Memory is no longer wishful thinking. MadMonkey has conferred with me on this being fact, and not fiction:) If all goes well, expect an official release in due time:) I can confirm expandable memory works, first-hand, as I tested it out successfully. So, there are great things to come!
where to get infos to it?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where to get infos to it?

It is unreleased for now. But, I tested it, and it works fine with expandable memory. There are 2 different methods that are potentially possible. 1 works, the other is still being worked on. One is using expandable (soft-mod) method. The other, is using SD Card (hard-mod) method. MadMonkey wants it to be nice and complete before releasing it. But, it is working great, from my personal tests. Do not worry, it (release) should happen in the very near-future, if all keeps going as well as it currently has been:) This will make it possible to play virtually any PS1 Game, no matter the size:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That is great news! Hope Cluster adds it to Hakchi!

BTW will it also be possible to add physical memory? any info on how much space we gain with this "softmod"?

The memory is how big your connected device is:) 8 Gb, 16 Gb, and so on:)

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is unreleased for now. But, I tested it, and it works fine with expandable memory. There are 2 different methods that are potentially possible. 1 works, the other is still being worked on. One is using expandable (soft-mod) method. The other, is using SD Card (hard-mod) method. MadMonkey wants it to be nice and complete before releasing it. But, it is working great, from my personal tests. Do not worry, it (release) should happen in the very near-future, if all keeps going as well as it currently has been:) This will make it possible to play virtually any PS1 Game, no matter the size:)
ah i would love to use a sd card.
i think soldering a sd card or micro sd card port is the little Problem of it.

but good to hear that this methode is in work

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

connected where? I'm really eager to do this myself!! thanks a lot man!

dulux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope we have more info about soft mod soon

If the soft mod allows the use of an HDD I'll just go completely nuts and buy a 2TB to fill up entire collections.

2tb is too much storage after working with only 300mb, lets wait news

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

So how does the softmod work, can we add extra memory using a OTG cable or something?

Smitchell6879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not to take away from the expandable memory as this will benefit from that option most definitely. I just want to share with you that I have now on my snes classic (USA SNES&NES) as well as (JAPAN SNES&NES) all works perfectly save states and going between the for systems.
the really advantage of this would be with the release of the memory addition as we could actually have a differ UI for each part.

If your interested in the same thing Hit up DanTheMan827 @reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmo..._fixes_hmod_dual_boot_with_working/?sort=new

Mysticales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm.. Ok, Im confused. I saw a issue tracker from Oct 9th on this.. but seems I am having this too with f

Nes classic. I did update to the new kernel, even updated my roms on it. However today I go to connect to hakchi and it doesnt see my NES classic at all. Windows 10 DOES connect and see "Nes Mini" in device manager but oddly hakchi doesnt at all. Ive tried other cords. No luck.

What on earth is causing this issue? Never had this happen before in all my updating. Thanks.

Edit: Ok... I solved it I think... I didnt realize now we just need to "Turn On" the system without holding in the reset button to make additions. Wonder when that changed.

Last edited by Mysticales,

Mysticales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok got a different issue now. I am trying to delete games from within hakchi, ones I dont want in my folders anymore and wont sync. When I click delete, it gives me access is denied error to the .desktop files. After that, hakchi goes non responsive till I force close it out. I did try running as admin as well.

Edit: Nm.... solved that too. Oddly this batch of games in the folder was set to read only mode...

Last edited by Mysticales,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not to take away from the expandable memory as this will benefit from that option most definitely. I just want to share with you that I have now on my snes classic (USA SNES&NES) as well as (JAPAN SNES&NES) all works perfectly save states and going between the for systems.
the really advantage of this would be with the release of the memory addition as we could actually have a differ UI for each part.

If your interested in the same thing Hit up DanTheMan827 @reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmo..._fixes_hmod_dual_boot_with_working/?sort=new
Old old old News!
We knew that there is Dual Boot and how the 2/3 Way Work.
No needing to Post it after 2/3 Days again
I have a Mini snes with Dual Boot Mini NES EU and Mini NES jap.

Gesendet von meinem SD4930UR mit Tapatalk

bigjohnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
To Cluster: Great work and I will prepare my donation for you! You did a great work!

However, does any one tried to add NES game to SNES Mini that using original Nxxxxxxdo emulator? Since I think use Nxxdo original emulator may got better result.....

I tried to change command line (replicate on hakchi2 changed mode to Famicom classic) and got the following errors:

C7: An error occurred. If this error occurs many times please check the Nxxxxdo support site. OK

(Original in japanase, translated with google )

Please give me some idea or let me know if not possible to do that.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To Cluster: Great work and I will prepare my donation for you! You did a great work!

However, does any one tried to add NES game to SNES Mini that using original Nxxxxxxdo emulator? Since I think use Nxxdo original emulator may got better result.....

I tried to change command line (replicate on hakchi2 changed mode to Famicom classic) and got the following errors:

C7: An error occurred. If this error occurs many times please check the Nxxxxdo support site. OK

(Original in japanase, translated with google )

Please give me some idea or let me know if not possible to do that.
Use the Dual Boot to Boot in the Mini NES and Play the NES there with the emulation Software of the Mini nes.

On the Mini snes you can start NES Games only with retroarch.

Last edited by Liriel,
Reactions: bigjohnx

psx10k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks again for the info. Was wondering if you happen to know the following:
- are USB devices with no external power source supported (usb sticks, usb powered hard drives)?
- is there a maximum size that is supported?
- USB2? / USB3?
- if devices with no external power source is supported, would any USB OTG splitter cable work for connecting the storage?

Thanks!

bigjohnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Use the Dual Boot to Boot in the Mini NES and Play the NES there with the emulation Software of the Mini nes.

On the Mini snes you can start NES Games only with retroarch.

Thank for your comment. Do you have any suggestion on such tutorial for URL or youtube?

Smitchell6879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank for your comment. Do you have any suggestion on such tutorial for URL or youtube?

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmo...t_fixes_hmod_dual_boot_with_working/?sort=new

read through the comments I basically did a step by step last night. and for me it seems to be running in the built in emulator.. there are a few that may need retro arch but most run fine as long as your using us roms. I personally am using no intro roms to be sure to get the best compatablity.

also if you have a lot of games your using in the nes side of the mulit boot besure to use seprate folders rules still apply and you will get the c8 erros is you have to may games in the each folder. plus no additional game will launch if you have to many games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1