Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Turnbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
does a pal snes mini work on USA tv's? any differences? was thinking picking one up

PAL is not a thing any more after hdmi. EU Snes' games run at 60hz, they are the US roms.

The only differences are the console design and no power wall plug for the EU version (but there is still a USB cable supplied).

Higgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New version 2.20f has been released which fixed Usleep bug.

I just tried it with my uninstalled and fresh NES Mini and got games to upload :) Now onto Dual-Boot :)

EDIT - I tried the guide from Redit and got a C7 error trying to boot SNES Mini :(

Okay, but what is this "scripts autoupdate"? What does it means? Anyway, as I countered, I installed the custom kernel in the snes mini with 2.21b and then synchronized games with 2.21e: Yoshi's Island has no audio problems.
However, I suggest, with games that use special chips, to add the "-no-lowlatency" command to solve any audio problems (such as megaman x2 and x3). I tried it and works.
Another question: but the custom kernels of versions 2.21c/d/e, apart from the Usleep bug, have significant improvements compared to 2.21b?

Last edited by Higgy,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PAL is not a thing any more after hdmi. EU Snes' games run at 60hz, they are the US roms.

The only differences are the console design and no power wall plug for the EU version (but there is still a USB cable supplied).
Games back then ran at 50 fps and the audio was 20% slower. The EU Snes classic uses the NTSC ROMs.

Sux138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
Anybody was able to run Samurai Shodow?
Can you confirm the Rom name and size?
I got Black screen on fba and mame2003

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone have a fix for Earthworm Jim 2 or Uniracers? Would really like to play these on official Canoe, but hakchi says they don't work. Thanks

Edit: and SimCity 2000

Last edited by evilvoice,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone have a fix for Earthworm Jim 2 or Uniracers? Would really like to play these on official Canoe, but hakchi says they don't work. Thanks

Edit: and SimCity 2000

Earthworm Jim 2 is an emulator problem, the game uses a unique form of audio streaming from the SPC700/S-SMP (audio processor). It requires precise timing from the sound processor. Only two emulators get it right,
Higan and Snes9x, as they both use the same audio core.

Reactions: evilvoice

TakuyaMAXX

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
is there a tutorial on how to install hakchi2 on mac osx? thank you
You can use Parallels Desktop** to emulate Windows on a Mac, then when you connect your NES/SNES to the USB port you will be asked to connec it to the Mac or Parallels (Windows), then select Parallels and you'll be able to flash your NES/SNES like a standard Windows PC using Hakchi2.

**To use Parallels, you must need to install a copy of Windows on the virtual machine.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ATTENTION Fixed the broken Cores:) All good to go now! Enjoy the Truly Massive Update! I will fix the Source Files tomorrow:) The Main 7zip release is fine:)

UPDATE 10-26-17

Massive Refactoring and Updating of nearly every Core! FBA is now designated as FBA2016, so as to avoid confusion on the difference between FBA & FBA2012, as far as which is newer and which is older! If you previously had issues running games on FBA, things should be much better now with the Updated Code! Neo-Geo Bios configurations also adjusted for this change:)

Enjoy today's Update:) https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, C7 errors ! Rgs.

Fixed and updated:) Thanks for your patience!

Rickard47

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you all for your information and thank you KMFDManic for the new cores. :D
I have a question, i am trying to play Mario Tennis for GBA but the saves doesn't work, not even the save states, nor the internal saves, nothing. Everytime i load the game is like new. Is this fix with the new cores? am i doing something wrong? Do i have to config something else? Thanks in advance.
P.S: I am using the Nes Mini Classic and other games like Mario Kart Advance or Metroid Fusion saves works.

FIXED: Searching it was a problem with 32MB roms, so you have to use the ROM uncompressed or change a setting in retroarch-clover-child sleep 3 to sleep 5. It happes also with Mother 3.

Last edited by Rickard47,

XtremeWRATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i got Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder and Ninja Baseball Bat Man running. They seem to play fine but the audio is garbage. Anyway to fix this with retroarch?

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
60 or less, and if art does not display properly, lower the amount incrementally til it does:)

On NES Classic, we were told not to keep more than 30 games per folder.
Is it because of we have the option to "compress" games now (on hakchi 2.20), so that it's safe to keep even more than 30 games per folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended