Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it not fix the sound problems complete.
the sound problems are in terranigma but it is better than before this fix
Hi guy ! Do you have some news about a Multitap for Snes Mini ? Is it true that encoders look for micro usb's origine codes (for adding a SD card) ? Thanks. Rgs.

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it possible to remap key inputs with RetroArch to simulate an analog stick with the D-Pad? I'm thinking of Super Mario 64 on the SNES Mini controller. I don't want to mess up anything.

Edit: Another issue I'm having is that the save states do not work properly. They only work if I save and don't quit out of the game. If I were to restart the console, the states do not work.

Last edited by Advokaten,

Turnbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to add mame roms to a mini nes classic but for some reason i can not get them to work. Can someone please help me.
Thanks

Assume you have added the Mame or FBA cores to your mini through Hakchi?

The command line per game needs amending to point to your chosen core (FBA2012, MAME2003 etc).

If the game black screens and goes back to the mini menu then you've either got a bad rom or you'll need to try a different core as some will only work with certain cores. At this point it's a bit of trial and error for each game.

I'd stick to trying to get one game working first.

Last edited by Turnbl,

Rattled_Bones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if anyone can help me on this?
So I have a Famicom Mini and a SNEC. I had the FM first and used a portable version of hakchi2 2.17d. Once I received my SNEC I used hakchi2 web installer version. I wanted to update my FM to the new web installer version. But when I moved everything over, it seemed perfectly fine, except that I couldn't play any of the Famicom Disk System Games (LoZ, Metroid etc). How can I properly transfer over everything and can still play my FDS games on my Famicom Mini with the web installer version of hakchi2?

Ciccio8412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That is good news Gab75.

For the last 2 nights I have been trying to upgrade my NES Mini with extra stuff (I was on 2.17c) but I heard about that USLEEP issue and tried using an older Hakchi and got into all sorts of issues with the 'tar error, directory not found': https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/issues/652
It sounds like the tar directory error was fixed but it was not until Release 2.21c, and that has the USLEEP issue.

I have the same issue, but i uninstalled hakchi completely and flashed original kernel with 2.21e, after i downloaded 2.21b (without USLEEP issue) and installed custom kernel. After that i returned on 2.21e and then i only synchronized games, all OK! But i have a doubt: in the changelog of 2.21e there is "Scripts autoupdate, so you don't need to reflash custrom kernel after every update". What does it means? It means that when i synchronized games with 2.21e i bring back USLEEP issue? This issue it's not related to custom kernel?

Last edited by Ciccio8412,

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Assume you have added the Mame or FBA cores to your mini through Hakchi?

The command line per game needs amending to point to your chosen core (FBA2012, MAME2003 etc).

If the game black screens and goes back to the mini menu then you've either got a bad rom or you'll need to try a different core as some will only work with certain cores. At this point it's a bit of trial and error for each game.

I'd stick to trying to get one game working first.
Thanks.
I did read about changing the command line.
Could you please explain which part i need to change?

Dms_85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Resets the game when you load a save file? Or just resets when you die? A game resetting when you die is common...?
No the game literally resets to the start....and having to go through EVERYTHING...yes i know games are like that but not RPG games like this...this is a definite bug.

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have the same issue, but i uninstalled hakchi completely and flashed original kernel with 2.21e, after i downloaded 2.21b (without USLEEP issue) and installed custom kernel. After that i returned on 2.21e and then i only synchronized games, all OK! But i have a doubt: in the changelog of 2.21e there is "Scripts autoupdate, so you don't need to reflash custrom kernel after every update". What does it means? It means that when i synchronized games with 2.21e i bring back USLEEP issue? This issue it's not related to custom kernel?

If I'm not wrong, the "scripts autoupdate" function should be available from custom kernel 2.21c, so it should not cover your SNES mini with custom kernel 2.21b (also if you use the hakchi 2.21e to manage your mini console).
The "usleep bug" is explicitly related to the custom kernel (rev. 2.21c/d/e), so much so that with the original kernel it doesn't exist.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every one seems to have different opinion about how many games should be kept in one folder. :wacko:
I wanna hear yours, @KMFDManic . In SNES Classic, what is the ideal number of SNES roms in one folder?
Does the position of the folder/sub-folder will affect on C... error(s)?

60 or less, and if art does not display properly, lower the amount incrementally til it does:)

Last edited by KMFDManic,

Dms_85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any way to get the box art to all be the same size....when you add them they all vary in size. It would be nice to have a fix to make them all the same.

Ciccio8412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I'm not wrong, the "scripts autoupdate" function should be available from custom kernel 2.21c, so it should not cover your SNES mini with custom kernel 2.21b (also if you use the hakchi 2.21e to manage your mini console).
The "usleep bug" is explicitly related to the custom kernel (rev. 2.21c/d/e), so much so that with the original kernel it doesn't exist.

Okay, but what is this "scripts autoupdate"? What does it means? Anyway, as I countered, I installed the custom kernel in the snes mini with 2.21b and then synchronized games with 2.21e: Yoshi's Island has no audio problems.
However, I suggest, with games that use special chips, to add the "-no-lowlatency" command to solve any audio problems (such as megaman x2 and x3). I tried it and works.
Another question: but the custom kernels of versions 2.21c/d/e, apart from the Usleep bug, have significant improvements compared to 2.21b?

Last edited by Ciccio8412,

Turnbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks.
I did read about changing the command line.
Could you please explain which part i need to change?

The line will start /bin/zip usr/...

Replace the 3 letters 'zip' with the name of the core you want to use.

You can find out the core name by selecting modules -> uninstall module in hakchi (we're not going to uninstall). Then click on the core name on the left (not the tick box). Info will be shown on the right to tell you what to change. For example FBA would become:

/bin/fba usr/...

Or FBA2012 would become:

/bin/fba2012 usr/...

Make sure the space remains after the core name.

Then sync in hakchi and you should be set.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The line will start /bin/zip usr/...

Replace the 3 letters 'zip' with the name of the core you want to use.

You can find out the core name by selecting modules -> uninstall module in hakchi (we're not going to uninstall). Then click on the core name on the left (not the tick box). Info will be shown on the right to tell you what to change. For example FBA would become:

/bin/fba usr/...

Or FBA2012 would become:

/bin/fba2012 usr/...

Make sure the space remains after the core name.

Then sync in hakchi and you should be set.
Thank you so much.
Got the mame working but now when i add the standard 30 games they have no screenshots when i load the nes.
Could you kindly explain how i can fix this please?

Turnbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much.
Got the mame working but now when i add the standard 30 games they have no screenshots when i load the nes.
Could you kindly explain how i can fix this please?

How many extra games have you added and where are they sitting in the menu?

Also which exact version of hakchi are you on and do you still have your original kernel dump?

Last edited by Turnbl,

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How many extra games have you added and where are they sitting in the menu?

Also which exact version of hakchi are you on and do you still have your original kernel dump?
I have added the standard 30 nes games.
I then added a folder with mame roms which work fine and have correct screenshots.
The 30 nes games just have a icon with like a lightning bolt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.