Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And also thanks for answering my YouTube comment as well

No problem. Dual-Cores are officially back. I am testing one other perimeter, which might work out nicely as far as using a specific setup on both NESC/SNESC. Running the test now. Once I am happy, I will post the updated set.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was asked to clean up the Core Set a little and try to avoid too many of the "specific" Cores. Compatibility is much better for Canoe now, with less than 103 games with issues, out of the official set. So now, you can install as a Canoe Game, then simply add --retroarch at the end, like so.

/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-XFJBY/Rock_n__Roll_Racing_(USA).sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

And, have either 2002/2005/or 2010 SNES 9X installed.

I may decide to add the dual Cores back to my next update since several people have made a point to let me know they miss it.
that "-rollback-snapshot-period 600" can be let away because rewind works not with retroarch

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that "-rollback-snapshot-period 600" can be let away because rewind works not with retroarch

Actually, there is no reason to remove that, because if you remove --retroarch, you will be missing the rewind snap chat command line. It is simply ignored with retroarch on. But, becomes true, with it off:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi guy ! Thank you very much for your job. Is it true that there is a way to automatically launch a SNES game not compatible with canoe (with hakchi2 and retroarch) without writing --retroarch ? Thanks. Rgs.

Yes, I did a video on how to do it:) I am adding the Cores back into my Set right now, so that you can do this again!

Reactions: artemus3

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, there is no reason to remove that, because if you remove --retroarch, you will be missing the rewind snap chat command line. It is simply ignored with retroarch on. But, becomes true, with it off:)

Yes, I did a video on how to do it:) I am adding the Cores back into my Set right now, so that you can do this again!

Thanks a lot. Rgs.

elfor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Long time, first time...

Is it somehow possible to make the dual boot mod also switch around the controller ports?

So when you switch to NES Mini mode, controller port 2 becomes controller port 1, or player one.

Why? So you can have the NES Classic controller plugged into port 2, and use that for NES games!

That's the ultimate 2 in 1, using the original controller for both systems.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Brum1875

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys after a bit of help ive hacked my snes mini and I am able to install snes games no problem but when I install retroarch it bricks my snes I just get a black screen when powering on so I have to flash back to stock I had it working at one point with genesis, and turbo grahics. but I put a 32x rom on and got a black screen and since then after going back to stock cant use retroarch? thanks in advance
Anyone help with this it’s driving me mad lol

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why, but the last few times I've downloaded your core set updates, it takes a long time.......I have good internet....14 minutes to download a 64MB zip file? Weird.

Could be because many people hit it at the same time:) Enjoy it buddy!

Anyone help with this it’s driving me mad lol

Flash Custom Kernel, then use My Set:) I just linked to it. Also, make sure you uninstall any Cores you previously installed. Powering on the system and letting it sit several seconds, then going to module uninstall, will display ones you have installed. Uninstall ALL. Then, install the retroarch from my set, and go from there.

Reactions: artemus3 and DR1001

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could be because many people hit it at the same time:) Enjoy it buddy!

Flash Custom Kernel, then use My Set:) I just linked to it. Also, make sure you uninstall any Cores you previously installed. Powering on the system and letting it sit several seconds, then going to module uninstall, will display ones you have installed. Uninstall ALL. Then, install the retroarch from my set, and go from there.
A video about extreme filters ? Thanks. Rgs.

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@KMFDManic
If we just want retroarch for Snes9x 2010, what does your setup do better than Cluster's (just wondering)?
At first I was interested by the no save versions (which I suppose didn't generate a savestate hen hitting the reset button) but you discontinued them. Can they be back too?
Thanks!

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KMFDManic
If we just want retroarch for Snes9x 2010, what does your setup do better than Cluster's?
At first I was interested by the no save versions (which I suppose didn't generate a savestate hen hitting the reset button) but you discontinued them. Can they be back too?
Thanks!

No Save Versions are not even necessary, as you can simply Factory Restore your NES/SNESC regularly to wipe all saves, and not affect your Folder Structure, nor games. They needed to be cleaned out of the set, as they were just a waste of space and complicated the set more than necessary for those new to it:) Just system restore, and saves be gone:)

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dual Cores are back, RetroArch Extreme Filters works on both NESC/SNESC! I will do a video on this special RetroArch Set-Up! Extra stuff is in the Dependencies & Extras Folder:) Enjoy the Set!

Dual Cores are back, RetroArch Extreme Filters works on both NESC/SNESC! I will do a video on this special RetroArch Set-Up! Extra stuff is in the Dependencies & Extras Folder:) Enjoy the Set!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/
Have you done something special to this cores now that I start a game the border for the regular canoe snes games load up and this is awesome idk if its just me but once I start a gba game it opens the border . This is awesoms

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Save Versions are not even necessary, as you can simply Factory Restore your NES/SNESC regularly to wipe all saves, and not affect your Folder Structure, nor games. They needed to be cleaned out of the set, as they were just a waste of space and complicated the set more than necessary for those new to it:) Just system restore, and saves be gone:)
Have you done something special to this cores now that I start a game the border for the regular canoe snes games load up and this is awesome idk if its just me but once I start a gba game it opens the border . This is awesoms

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am trying my best to make it the most kick-ass Core set possible for both the NESC/SNESC:) I will try to refine it a little bit at a time, and perfect it more and more. See! Feedback from a few of you made me get Dual-Cores back in action! Only one person, and one person only! didn't think they were worth doing! I think they are pretty sweet! You get more control, if you want it!

Reactions: TooMuchPower

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In fact, I just feel it would be cleaner, using the Snes Mini, if Retroarch games didn't generate savefiles at all when resetting the game, because I don't like the idea of getting a message error when trying to rewind the game (as it isn't supported with Retroarch). A bit manic here, but I thing you can understand, lol.
Thanks for the answer anyway, I should have clarified why I was interested in this. :)

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying my best to make it the most kick-ass Core set possible for both the NESC/SNESC:) I will try to refine it a little bit at a time, and perfect it more and more. See! Feedback from a few of you made me get Dual-Cores back in action! Only one person, and one person only! didn't think they were worth doing! I think they are pretty sweet! You get more control, if you want it!
Thanks Man for the great work and cluster for doing hakchi even better as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ