Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Metaljl74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Is your mini brand new ? Did you just buy it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you flash "custom kernal" ?
I just bought it a little over a month ago at Walmart. when they came back out. I cant flash the kernel it tells me to install driver.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
should the bios files stay zipped or extracted in the hmod folders

Leave them zipped

I just bought it a little over a month ago at Walmart. when they came back out. I cant flash the kernel it tells me to install driver.

Thats why no games show up..try zadig...Zadig is a Windows application that installs generic USB drivers, such as WinUSB, libusb-win32/libusb0.sys or libusbK, to help you access USB devices.

nicholass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone have a good rom pack? the one I have does not want to work. its saying "can not unpack ramdisc" I am just looking for the majority of the ness classic games

Last edited by nicholass,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
now i have seen what you have done with your file. you created the correct folder structur. ;-) right?

When you add mame2000.mame2003, neogeo games ...they need a bios...the hmod I gave you has the correct bios for all those games..you need to have the mame2003 hmod installed..mame2000 hmod installed...and the correct bios in order for the game to run.Hakchi looks for a bios first to run the rom..now you have it (bios_images.hmod).

johnk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is now the command line path needed to mame2003. it doesn't work :-((
i have installed mame2003 your bios and used the /bin/mame2003 path in command line did i need mame 2000 too?

Last edited by johnk,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which one should I download

What windows do you run?

is now the command line path needed to mame2003. it doesn't work :-((
i have installed mame2003 your bios and used the /bin/mame2003 path in command line did i need mame 2000 too?

No...just mame2003..did you install the bios_images.hmod in hakchi?

Last edited by ByteThis,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone have a good rom pack? the one I have does not want to work. its saying "can not unpack ramdisc" I am just looking for the majority of the ness classic games

Do a google search for "complete nes rom set" ..tons of links come up..I downloaded one that was 700 roms..tried it..and deleted about 690 games..lol..

Use this one: Zadig 2.3

Metaljl74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Do a google search for "complete nes rom set" ..tons of links come up..I downloaded one that was 700 roms..tried it..and deleted about 690 games..lol..

Ok I have a box that popped up that with a bunch of blanks on it with install wcid driver

nicholass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks! I just got mine to work.. had to re flash the custom kernel! got it working with 700 games! thanks for the help!

Reactions: ByteThis

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I have a box that popped up that with a bunch of blanks on it with install wcid driver

I havent had to use it..others have..in that website is a usage guide and a FAQ,,this is as far as I can take you..

Anytime!

johnk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have installed mame2000 and mame2003 and the bios file, but it doesn' work with dkong.zip, junglek.zip, hangonjr.zip. did i need to use /sbin/mame2000 to tell what emulator should be used? usually the game path is in command line. how should the correct path to be, if only /sbin/mame2000 the system doesn't know which game to start. how should the path to be.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have installed mame2000 and mame2003 and the bios file, but it doesn' work with dkong.zip, junglek.zip, hangonjr.zip. did i need to use /sbin/mame2000 to tell what emulator should be used? usually the game path is in command line. how should the correct path to be, if only /sbin/mame2000 the system doesn't know which game to start. how should the path to be.

Check your pm...if the mame rom is a 0.78 rom...mame2003

If it is a 0.37b5 rom it is mame2000

I run both mame2003 and mame2000 and some neogeo games using the bios hmod I gave you..it works...maybe you try to get your roms in a diff place..cause something's not right if they dont work for you with my hmod..As I said before..some mame games have 1..2...3..files you have to make 1 zip out of 2 or 3 zips to work and run...That's the way most mame works..

Sometimes there is a parent rom and a child rom that you have to join together to get them to play.

Last edited by ByteThis,

johnk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
now dkong.zip junglek.zip is running :-)) i found my fault. in the command line zip must be replaced with mame2000 or mame2003 thats it. i think the running ones was with mame2000. i look for that tomorow. thanks a lot for you patience :-). now i know what there is to do. with the rest like neogeo.

Mobgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for a little help just got this for my little brother, can someone point in the right direction on what to do to mod this for him please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated