Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

bluesquash

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there an (English) tutorial on how to get fba and cps2 cores working? It's not working for me. I install "fb_alpha_cps2 module", then add a CPS2 game like Marvel vs Capcom, change the "/zip" to "/cps2", add BIOS file in game directory - but the game doesn't start.

Also, I have one single "retroarch.hmod"-file, not an entire "retroarch.hmod"-folder - what's the difference?

I know these are "newb questions", but I am trying to search for a tutorial/guide but without any luck.

I'm having the same issue and am a bit of a newb as well. I can get some FBA and CPS2 games to work but not some others. I'm not sure if there's an issue with the core, I'm doing something wrong, or if the NES mini just can't handle them.

I also raised this issue here, just in case there's an issue with the code: https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/issues/63

Anyone have any advice?

Last edited by bluesquash,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone here can help me. I just tried to add games to my classic and it seemed to work. I tried a genesis game and it played just fine. But when I went back to the menu and hit the Back folder, it gave me a C8 error. I had to reflash the original kernel.

Any ideas of what's going wrong ? Do I have to many games or something ?

DatSpacedude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Spottedfeather How much mb of storage have you taken up on your mini? Try to keep the max amount of games in any folder to 30 or less. That usually helps wit C8 errors. Also, you could have too many save states or battery saves on your mini, depending on how frequently you save or if you ever reset the mini to factory settings. Let me know what you find and/or if you find a solution to no more C8 errors. Hope this helps, cheers.

Last edited by DatSpacedude,

DatSpacedude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ByteThis Hey, could you send me the .hmod for Dosbox? I've been looking for one on and off for like a month with no luck. Only time I came close was when I found a dosbox core that had .so instead of .hmod. I didn't exactly know what to do or how to use the .so core type. Anyway, would be greatly appreciated if you could.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ByteThis Hey, could you send me the .hmod for Dosbox? I've been looking for one on and off for like a month with no luck. Only time I came close was when I found a dosbox core that had .so instead of .hmod. I didn't exactly know what to do or how to use the .so core type. Anyway, would be greatly appreciated if you could.

I will pm you..

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Spottedfeather How much mb of storage have you taken up on your mini? Try to keep the max amount of games in any folder to 30 or less. That usually helps wit C8 errors. Also, you could have too many save states or battery saves on your mini, depending on how frequently you save or if you ever reset the mini to factory settings. Let me know what you find and/or if you find a solution to no more C8 errors. Hope this helps, cheers.
It turns out that I had too many games. So, I removed a lot of the arcade games and now it's just fine. I think I have about 232MB of games. Hesitant to add many, if ANY, more....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe someone here can help me. I have arcade games as well as Gameboy Advance games on my classic. The thing is, that some of the games don't work. When I click on them, it goes black for a second, then back to the main menu.

Any ideas on why this might be happening ? Some of it is that I realized that I never changed the /zip on some of the games. So the next time I do a flash, I'll fix that.

Another thing. I have tried to play Space Invaders and Berzerk. The games play but there is no sound. I have to use samples, right ? If so, how do I use samples ?

Also, Doki Doki Panic will go to a black screen then back to the main menu. Can this be fixed ?

Another thing. Is there any way to use a Nintendo 64 controller on the Classic ? I have some n64 games that I'd love to play. Also, is there a way to use a Genesis controller ?

Last edited by Spottedfeather,

Datmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the same issue and am a bit of a newb as well. I can get some FBA and CPS2 games to work but not some others. I'm not sure if there's an issue with the core, I'm doing something wrong, or if the NES mini just can't handle them.

I also raised this issue here, just in case there's an issue with the code: https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/issues/63

Anyone have any advice?

Can you give some examples of games that you got working, so I can try them as well?

So it seems that some of us are in great need for an "arcade tutorial" of sorts. Any info, links etc would be welcome!

bluesquash

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you give some examples of games that you got working, so I can try them as well?

So it seems that some of us are in great need for an "arcade tutorial" of sorts. Any info, links etc would be welcome!

Turns out I was missing the BIOS image qsound.zip which needs to be in each CPS2 game folder alongside the regular rom zip file (or by using a BIOS image file mod so qsound.zip can be found by all games).

I also had some bad Roms which was causing an issue.

I still couldn't get the CPS2 game X-Men vs Street Fighter to work though, so I installed a Mame2003 core, and it seemed to work with that.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
20170325_031448-01.jpeg

Grab here: zelda BotW theme wanted a bit more of a calming bkgrnd music !then it turned into a full theme...

Quick question:
How do you get "2P" on a game icon? I always have "1P" on all my icons.

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
6 hakchi has
Quick question:
How do you get "2P" on a game icon? I always have "1P" on all my icons.
1p / 2p you just choose which one you want for each game... and sync.

Hello @Piklz how are you?? Really loved your console game icons, do you think you can put it available?? Thank you!!
Cheers I will l prob post them today..but had to fix the transparency layer on a couple of system icons ..these ain't mine but some are not great quality so once fixed I'll upload these that i use +some nice huge packs for all systems that reddit users made..

Reactions: Pretender86

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Spottedfeather

All the answers to your questions are here in this thread..thats the way I learned..and probably many others..
True, but c'mon....there's almost 500 pages...

Is there anyone that can tell me how to run Doki Doki Panic on the classic ? Like I said, it just goes to a black screen then back to the main menu. Also, certain arcade games do the same thing. Space Invaders works but there's no sound and I've been unable to find out how to fix it.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
6 hakchi has

1p / 2p you just choose which one you want for each game... and sync.

Cheers I will l prob post them today..but had to fix the transparency layer on a couple of system icons ..these ain't mine but some are not great quality so once fixed I'll upload these that i use +some nice huge packs for all systems that reddit users made..

If it's from each game, I wouldn't ask you in the first place. What I mean, "2P" on the platform folder (e.g. GBA folder, SNES folder, etc). I always get "1P" only, although the games contained in that folder are mixed of 1Ps and 2Ps.

====================================

"The Wii Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, the Wired Fight Pad, and the Battle Pad can be used with the NES Classic Edition as a second controller for 2-player games only."

(Source: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17341/~/which-controllers-are-compatible-with-the-nes-classic-edition?)

I want to finalize the above verdict before purchasing the Hori Battle Pad (poke @ByteThis). Does it mean that it can't be used for the first controller for either 1 or 2-player games? Is it maybe because of the unremoved screws? What about for non-NES/retroarch-used games? Anyone using the Battle Pad for their NESCE here??

Last edited by maande80,
Reactions: youngtune27

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you switch sides of the disk in famicom disk system games ? Is it something that you have to set up in Retroarch ? Also, I got Donkey Kong to have sounds, but still none in Space Invaders.

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
If it's from each game, I wouldn't ask you in the first place. What I mean, "2P" on the platform folder (e.g. GBA folder, SNES folder, etc). I always get "1P" only, although the games contained in that folder are mixed of 1Ps and 2Ps.

"The Wii Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, the Wired Fight Pad, and the Battle Pad can be used with the NES Classic Edition as a second controller for 2-player games only."

(Source: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17341/~/which-controllers-are-compatible-with-the-nes-classic-edition?)

I want to finalize the above verdict before purchasing the Hori Battle Pad (poke @ByteThis). Does it mean that it can't be used for the first controller for either 1 or 2-player games? What about for non-NES/retroarch-used games? Anyone using the Battle Pad for their NESCE here??

I want to finalize the above verdict before purchasing the Hori Battle Pad (poke @ByteThis). Does it mean that it can't be used for the first controller for either 1 or 2-player games? Is it maybe because of the unremoved screws? What about for non-NES/retroarch-used games? Anyone using the Battle Pad for their NESCE here??
soz ! i read game icon not realising you meant folder icons.. no idea at the moment all doable sure but clusterm needs to add that to ui or reveal the commands in the folder .xml spec and we could add manually but im sure he can 'gui' that feature easy enough or go hunting in clovershell directlyfor the area which those folders links are stored and try changing their equivalent of .desktop config (maybe someone has thier own compiled version with that enabled??) ,come to think of it it would be nice to have a 2p only folder with all games regardless of systems

Last edited by Piklz,

heygravity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

They work perfectly as P1 or P2, but if you want to use it as P1 then you just need to use a tri wing screwdriver to remove the clear clip otherwise there's not room for a second controller.

Reactions: maande80

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
soz ! i read game icon not realising you meant folder icons.. no idea at the moment all doable sure but clusterm needs to add that to ui or reveal the commands in the folder .xml spec and we could add manually but im sure he can 'gui' that feature easy enough or go hunting in clovershell directlyfor the area which those folders links are stored and try changing their equivalent of .desktop config (maybe someone has thier own compiled version with that enabled??) ,come to think of it it would be nice to have a 2p only folder with all games regardless of systems

Open the hakchi folder manager and do the next: put the 30 original games at the root menu (out of any folder) and then your custom folders at left of the 30 original games will always have the 2P icon and the others at the rigth side become 1P. When you finish the process, move the 30 original games to a folder if you want. That works to me. Sorry for mi bad english.

How do you switch sides of the disk in famicom disk system games ? Is it something that you have to set up in Retroarch ? Also, I got Donkey Kong to have sounds, but still none in Space Invaders.

In Retroarch, go to quick menu/controller settings. There is an option called change side b at fds games. You have to select a button of your controller (B button, for example) and save the change settings at retroarch. So, when a fds game ask you for b side, just press B button.

Reactions: Piklz and maande80

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol