Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

TxFxL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you scroll down to the comments, there is a borders hmod. It has all of the console borders and all of the handheld borders in it. When you go to overlays in RetroArch and select borders, don't choose PNG files. Choose cfg files that connect to them. And pick the ones you like.

Yes I downloaded it and looked around in the folder, saw exactly what you mean with the 2 files types, cfg for sure.

My real question is about getting one of the retro tv overlays on my nes classic, The system ones are ok but I'd like the retro tv for everything I have on there. I assume someone would have to make a custom hmod with the appropriate cfg overlay file in it?

anyone feel like doing that?

XXwillisXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super Street Fighter II Turbo works for you? Can you share what settings and core you used? Were any BIOS files needed? World 940223 ROM? Thanks

used

fbalpha2012_cps2_libretro.so core
ssf2t.zip
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Super Street Fighter 2 X 940223 etc)

Reactions: jeanfag

keithelmcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do i need to change to launch in Glupen64 core

/bin/n64p /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-6-XUGUZ/Mario_Kart_64.v64.7z

Truchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some more games running(some hangs :( or freeze randomly) on N64 core GLupeN64 on Mini NES Classic using Hakchi2 2.13e and pcm720 modules.
Mario Kart 64

Pilotwings 64

Quake 64

Rampage World Tour

Star Fox 64

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

I think this it would be more fast, maybe just a little, hehehe

Reactions: nesito

dezign999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mdfmkanic on reddit may be able to help. He has helped several people who have soft bricked their NES minis and modded 100's.
[/QUOTE]

He has helped me over DM on Reddit problemsolve my soft brick. What ultimately fixed it for me was uninstalling all my hmods, including custom ones, then using the debug version of hakchi to uninstall hakchi followed by restoring my original kernel. The normal version of hakchi would not fix it performing the same process.

AndyVr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Once the driver is installed do you still need to press reset&power everytime you connect the NES Classic to a PC for copy games, delete games, install cores etc ?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Once the driver is installed do you still need to press reset&power everytime you connect the NES Classic to a PC for copy games, delete games, install cores etc ?
Always you makes something in hakchi2 that you see the 5 Steps window you NEED to enter in FEL mode(Reset + power on)

Rgs.

Reactions: AndyVr

TokyoMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I downloaded it and looked around in the folder, saw exactly what you mean with the 2 files types, cfg for sure.

My real question is about getting one of the retro tv overlays on my nes classic, The system ones are ok but I'd like the retro tv for everything I have on there. I assume someone would have to make a custom hmod with the appropriate cfg overlay file in it?

anyone feel like doing that?

The retro analog TV is in the first overlay hmod he made on that reddit post. I tried it out, pretty old fashioned, but cool.

Reactions: TxFxL

omega man

Trophies
XP
Country
running t 2.13e try to add games Diddy Kong Racing to big warning. Though i had the same amount of games on 2.12? Going back to 2.12.

TxFxL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The retro analog TV is in the first overlay hmod he made on that reddit post. I tried it out, pretty old fashioned, but cool.

On that Reddit post its the oldest reply right? from 5 days ago? https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3hs9is8mprtbm4/retroarch_addon_overlays.hmod?dl=0 this link specifically
someone replied that it takes some tinkering because of the size, is this something you had to mess with at all?

I'm at work now so I can't really experiment with it until i get home, would like to have all my ducks in a row before i plug in the mini

TokyoMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On that Reddit post its the oldest reply right? from 5 days ago? https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3hs9is8mprtbm4/retroarch_addon_overlays.hmod?dl=0 this link specifically
someone replied that it takes some tinkering because of the size, is this something you had to mess with at all?

I'm at work now so I can't really experiment with it until i get home, would like to have all my ducks in a row before i plug in the mini
Yeah, that should be the one. It will have a variety of overlays like scanlines in it as well. If you use borders you might have to adjust the aspect ratio custom to get it perfect. The 4:3 aspect may not look right .

Reactions: TxFxL

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave up on getting N64 running. Games are too buggy. Hydro Thunder runs well for about 5 minutes before crashing.

Star Fox 64 runs well, but it's very dark for some reason.

baconcow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was unclear to me which compression rate is supported. So the best way was to do it via hakchi2. Since I know that retroarch unpacks the game before starting we could try a higher compression rates to save more space.

hakchi2 compresses with LMZA. With that aplication (Total Commander) you have full control of compression and archive type, just as you would if done manually.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...nobody can help me with the file system ? Also, do you have to install mame mods before you install the mame games ? I tried adding mame games, but it wouldn't let me. So, I assume you have to add the mods to the kernel before you add the games....right ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: