Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have folder icons for each system (Google) but the way the hui works right now it doesn't look as nice and smooth as I would have hoped. You really want 6+ icons per screen or ita just awkward. I'll send a video soon to show what I mean.

Also taking recommendations for must have SNES, Game Gear, and SEGA ROMs. Like your #1-5 for each.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also glupen64 core won't load. Anyone able to get it to load?

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody?

People seem to be saying different things in this thread so I just don't know what to do with it but people seem to have worked it out here. I've downloaded the retroarch-clover zip file, does somebody have a step by step guide what I need to do with it?

I don't seem to be the only person having issues with this so a simple step by step guide would probably be really useful for people having this issue.

Thanks.:)

After I download and unzipped the hakchi2 2.12, I copied ALL of the folders/files OVER my existing hakchi 2.11 folders.
Then downloaded the .hmod from here https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/releases/ and put this file into the user mods folder found in hakchi2 2.12 folder.
After you open up hakchi, then go to Modules at the top of the menu of Hakchi2 and install the .hmod which should flash the NESC immediately. It's pretty fast!
Check that your folder settings are as you want them - I chose to have just the 26 alphebetical folders...
Add your new roms and when choosing anything but the NES roms, you will need to change the file types to Show All
Sync it up and Enjoy!

This worked for me anyways... and there are over 650+ games to now play. I am only interested in NES, SNES, and Genesis games though ;)

Last edited by HecklerJH,

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
needs a Glupen64 core fix.. mario kart 64 was smooth and wicked fun last night
inside retroarch.hmod\bin there is a file called "n64"in notepad it says
"
#!/bin/sh
exec retroarch-clover mupen64plus "$@" --ra-nosaves"
i imagine that if you change it to glupen64 it will work, sadly i don't know how to compile it i can edit it just from the github source, i opened "makehmod" but it says something like tar is missing so i don't have any idea how to edit it, and you can't edit it in a compiled one

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i created a favorites folder in folder manager, how do i add games to that folder ? i want to add 30 favorite games but not take away from the other folders
I'm guessing theres no way to copy games to other folders ?
it would be easier if creating folders was done in the adding games screen

SusiSukram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everybody. Great work Cluster! Except for the N64 it workds great but i think i got a bad rom. I just want to change the retroarch settings, so that the bottom and top of the screen isn't cut off. I read somewhere i have to use the button combination L1+R1+Start+Select to get to the retroarch menu. How can i push Left and Right at once on a classic mini controller?

SusiSukram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh and one more thing. How can i change the default Emulator in Hakchi for the games that had some graphic glitches, that i want to be be emulated with retroarch instead of the nesce emulator like gun.nac etc.?

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and one more thing. How can i change the default Emulator in Hakchi for the games that had some graphic glitches, that i want to be be emulated with retroarch instead of the nesce emulator like gun.nac etc.?
And Last Starfighter, too! That would be great!

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm uploading a Spanish Tutorial to How to update from 2.11 or previous version, and for people with 2.11 and with pcm pack for use RA.

I hope may help for some questions about how to enable and add some cores also.

Rgs.

Reactions: HecklerJH

kaik541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm relatively new to the whole hacking-the-nes-classic scene. I was previously using hakchi 2.11 and was using the retroarch app as a standalone install. On that I was using the mgba core to play GBA games and, besides some minor audio stuttering, it worked great. So I added the core to the retroarch.hmod folder, edited the "gba" bin file to point at mgba instead of mednafen, and updated hakchi to 2.12. I then added a single GBA game to the main screen to test and the game will load, but after a few seconds the power LED on my classic will flash off and then back on and freeze up. Sometimes, I am able to get back to the main screen, other times I have to pull the power plug to get it to come back up. Now the strange thing is if I run retroarch as a standalone app on the main screen, if I choose the core (mgba) and the ROM (pointed at /usr/share/kahachi/games/blahablah/firered.gba), it will load just fine. But the downside to this is save states don't work and neither does "saving" the game. If I reload retroarch and reopen the same file, there will be no save even when using the game's built-in save feature. What's even more confusing is that some games seem to not have this issue at all. For instance, Super Mario World runs just fine as a standalone game, but A Link to the Past will crash after inputting my name. Same thing with Mario 64, I can load it up from the retroarch app and select it and everything seems great, but if I add it as a standalone game, it stutters on the main screen, the power LED flashes off and then on, and then the system locks up... same as above with pokemon on the game boy advance. There seems to be no consistency on it and I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Started with a clean directory of hakchi2.12, added my "dump" folder for the original kernel. Added the retroarch.hmod folder to user mods (not the file, the folder because both should work) and redirected the "gba" executable to point at mgba core (in Notepad++ so I'm not modifying endline stuff). Then add module->retorach. Everything says it's successful. Sync my games to the NES mini and all games show up but, again, when running from the retroarch standalone app, I don't have any issues (minus the lack of saving) but if I run each game as it's own app, random ROM's will crash. My ROM's are in .gba, .gbc, .n64, .md, .nes, and .sfc. I have no reason to think the ROM's aren't valid as they run just fine on other devices (PC and android phone with retroarch).

Side note, every time I restart hakchi2.12 the "retroarch" module is always unchecked when I click add module (I assume that's intentional though).
What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

thegame16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thx for all the great work!

I tried Snes which boot fine and I can play well but I got sometimes slowdown for example with Super Mario World. Does anyone have the same problem? If yes how can I fix it?

8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I change the naming of what's in the folders instead of it being abbreviated ? like instead of 10y- to 10 yard fight etc... ?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I'm relatively new to the whole hacking-the-nes-classic scene. I was previously using hakchi 2.11 and was using the retroarch app as a standalone install. On that I was using the mgba core to play GBA games and, besides some minor audio stuttering, it worked great. So I added the core to the retroarch.hmod folder, edited the "gba" bin file to point at mgba instead of mednafen, and updated hakchi to 2.12. I then added a single GBA game to the main screen to test and the game will load, but after a few seconds the power LED on my classic will flash off and then back on and freeze up. Sometimes, I am able to get back to the main screen, other times I have to pull the power plug to get it to come back up. Now the strange thing is if I run retroarch as a standalone app on the main screen, if I choose the core (mgba) and the ROM (pointed at /usr/share/kahachi/games/blahablah/firered.gba), it will load just fine. But the downside to this is save states don't work and neither does "saving" the game. If I reload retroarch and reopen the same file, there will be no save even when using the game's built-in save feature. What's even more confusing is that some games seem to not have this issue at all. For instance, Super Mario World runs just fine as a standalone game, but A Link to the Past will crash after inputting my name. Same thing with Mario 64, I can load it up from the retroarch app and select it and everything seems great, but if I add it as a standalone game, it stutters on the main screen, the power LED flashes off and then on, and then the system locks up... same as above with pokemon on the game boy advance. There seems to be no consistency on it and I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Started with a clean directory of hakchi2.12, added my "dump" folder for the original kernel. Added the retroarch.hmod folder to user mods (not the file, the folder because both should work) and redirected the "gba" executable to point at mgba core (in Notepad++ so I'm not modifying endline stuff). Then add module->retorach. Everything says it's successful. Sync my games to the NES mini and all games show up but, again, when running from the retroarch standalone app, I don't have any issues (minus the lack of saving) but if I run each game as it's own app, random ROM's will crash. My ROM's are in .gba, .gbc, .n64, .md, .nes, and .sfc. I have no reason to think the ROM's aren't valid as they run just fine on other devices (PC and android phone with retroarch).

Side note, every time I restart hakchi2.12 the "retroarch" module is always unchecked when I click add module (I assume that's intentional though).
What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Try to delete the content of folder temp in your \hakchi2 2.12 folder(the first one with you had issue power off then on of mini's LED) and syncro again. (¿The program gives to you a problem of size? in that case also try to unmark some heavy roms size)

Rgs.

Lukano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
So if I have a /hakchi2/games/ folder that's about 318mb after adding cover art, is that going to cause a problem? All references to the maximum size say 'around 300mb' but I dont know if I've seen a firm reference (though I may have overlooked it).

And how to savestates play in to that? Are they saved in other space, or if I'm already pushing my maximum storage boundry are savestates going to be broken or unavailable if I run out of space? Again people say 'leave some space for savestates' but I'm not entirely clear on how much space a savestate uses compared to the ROM it's from.

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JztD7VZ.png

WgS5aY4.png
After I download and unzipped the hakchi2 2.12, I copied ALL of the folders/files OVER my existing hakchi 2.11 folders.
Then downloaded the .hmod from here https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/releases/ and put this file into the user mods folder found in hakchi2 2.12 folder.
After you open up hakchi, then go to Modules at the top of the menu of Hakchi2 and install the .hmod which should flash the NESC immediately. It's pretty fast!
Check that your folder settings are as you want them - I chose to have just the 26 alphebetical folders...
Add your new roms and when choosing anything but the NES roms, you will need to change the file types to Show All
Sync it up and Enjoy!

This worked for me anyways... and there are over 650+ games to now play. I am only interested in NES, SNES, and Genesis games though ;)
Thank you so much, I hope others find this as useful as I have.

As I was expecting, it's such a simple thing to do when you know how to do it. It worked perfectly this time, I'm going to sort some SNES games out now and the kids can have a play with it tomorrow night.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Analog stick nipples
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all...