Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I'm curious as to which SNES games would be playable on a NES controller? The main reason I bought this was for my 3yo son, so I'm sticking with the simplicity of the NES controller for now. I've added a few extra NES titles already but if I can add on some SNES games too (once RA is fully implemented) then that would be awesome.
Play Super Mario All-Stars, you have them already but at least the graphics and sound is better

Lion83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that game has been asked about somewhere in the range of 50 times.
It is a mapper emulation issue. If you are not using an alternate emulator it is not going to run. The nes mini was built to run the 30 games came on it.
Any other games that run are becuase the emulation supports the technology needed to run it. Return of the Joker wont run on the stock emulator.
Thanks

8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clusters absence on this forum is actually a good thing, means he's likely working on Hakchi2 2.12. He said last week about 1-week away for the public build of the new updated Hakchi2 presumably 2.12. He's fine tuning the software for maximum compatibility / ease of use / integration of RetroArch. I'm thinking it will be released rather soon though, again Cluster himself stated sometime this week is when it would likely be released.

I personally didn't MOD my NES Classic Edition yet. Previously I was starting with 2.10 and loaded up about 80-90 games when I didn't MOD it due to I wanted to get another NES Classic just incase of bricking / issues. Then I saw 2.11, still didn't Mod with all the chatter of the complete compatibilty of the entire Library utilizing RetroArch therefor no Mapper issues and the entire NTSC library with a few personal touches. Once within the next 24-72hrs happens I'll finally Mod my Nes Classic.

Rumors are swirling that NES Classic will cease in April, Nintendo never confirmed this. Perhaps they would come out with an updated model to circumvent it from being Hacked / modded, I'm just glad I now have two on hand. And damn other than inflated priced these are still a bitch to get. I wanted to give out about 4-6 of them as gifts to friends and family members doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. But I personally believe Nintendo will flood the market with these in 3 weeks when Nintendo Switch comes out.

Oh and again Happy Valentines to all...
Untitled_1.png

Last edited by 8bit4life,
Reactions: TxFxL and DbD

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if it works the same way, but for the famicom mini, each time you press the "select" button will sort the games either by date, alphabetically, by 1p or 2p...
Yes, it's the same. Using this trademark symbol can be alphabetically order in correct order.

Rgs.

8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now Cluster is about to have Supper.. it's approaching 5pm in Russia... But we all know what the Dessert will be.... aka Hakchi2 2.12
432392-bigthumbnail.jpg

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Clusters absence on this forum is actually a good thing, means he's likely working on Hakchi2 2.12. He said last week about 1-week away for the public build of the new updated Hakchi2 presumably 2.12. He's fine tuning the software for maximum compatibility / ease of use / integration of RetroArch. I'm thinking it will be released rather soon though, again Cluster himself stated sometime this week is when it would likely be released.

I personally didn't MOD my NES Classic Edition yet. Previously I was starting with 2.10 and loaded up about 80-90 games when I didn't MOD it due to I wanted to get another NES Classic just incase of bricking / issues. Then I saw 2.11, still didn't Mod with all the chatter of the complete compatibilty of the entire Library utilizing RetroArch therefor no Mapper issues and the entire NTSC library with a few personal touches. Once within the next 24-72hrs happens I'll finally Mod my Nes Classic.

Rumors are swirling that NES Classic will cease in April, Nintendo never confirmed this. Perhaps they would come out with an updated model to circumvent it from being Hacked / modded, I'm just glad I now have two on hand. And damn other than inflated priced these are still a bitch to get. I wanted to give out about 4-6 of them as gifts to friends and family members doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. But I personally believe Nintendo will flood the market with these in 3 weeks when Nintendo Switch comes out.

Oh and again Happy Valentines to all...
Untitled_1.png
I'm deleting the parts with controller configuration. In this video minute 6:45
You can see the menu, only press A and the the button than you want to work that way.

Rgs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Hour of 16 Arcade Games running on Mini NES Classic in RetroArch core FBA 2012.

Robocop, Sunset Riders,Pang, Super Pang works very well... but others soso... or badly.

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.
Regarding Super FX games for the SNES, there is in the quick menu an option to overclock it. Can't try it right now, also I am curious how the StarFox 2 rom runs at all and with this option enabled.

esp2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of cool stuff being discussed in this thread now.
But basic question:
I put all the mega man games on my NES mini, but they are sorted out of order. the included mega man 2 comes after mega man 1, 3-6. I believe its because MEGA MAN 2 as a TM superscript. Is there a way to put that TM superscript on my other mega man titles? or remove it from mega man 2? I'm looking to have a superscript, and not just big ugly "TM" in the title.

You can add a TM to the Mega Man games by holding down ALT and typing 0153 and it will then list properly ™

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding Super FX games for the SNES, there is in the quick menu an option to overclock it. Can't try it right now, also I am curious how the StarFox 2 rom runs at all and with this option enabled.
I will try later, I didn't notice this.

Thanks. Rgs.

kapapt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm curious as to which SNES games would be playable on a NES controller? The main reason I bought this was for my 3yo son, so I'm sticking with the simplicity of the NES controller for now. I've added a few extra NES titles already but if I can add on some SNES games too (once RA is fully implemented) then that would be awesome.

you can conect a wii classic control to mini nes, so that wat you can play SNES games without issue ;)

Actnash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I saw where eventually, we will be able to use the NESCE main screen to browse through games, select the game, then the retroarch emulator will load the game up, bypassing the ugly retroarch GUI. But will we still be able to access the RGUI to mess around with settings/map controls if we want? I would love to be able to go in there as needed, save the changed settings, then bypass RGUI and load up games the original way afterwards. This might have always been the plan, but just wanted to see what you guys think.

Last edited by Actnash,

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
So I saw where eventually, we will be able to use the NESCE main screen to browse through games, select the game, then the retroarch emulator will load the game up, bypassing the ugly retroarch GUI. But will we still be able to access the RGUI to mess around with settings/map controls if we want? I would love to be able to go in there as needed, save the changed settings, then bypass RGUI and load up games the original way afterwards. This may have always been the plan, but just wanted to see what you guys think.
Yeah I'm also hoping you will be able to adjust the settings like this whilst maintaining the snazzy looking GUI? There's a few dosbox games that I'll need to configure once it's booted up.

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I saw where eventually, we will be able to use the NESCE main screen to browse through games, select the game, then the retroarch emulator will load the game up, bypassing the ugly retroarch GUI. But will we still be able to access the RGUI to mess around with settings/map controls if we want? I would love to be able to go in there as needed, save the changed settings, then bypass RGUI and load up games the original way afterwards. This may have always been the plan, but just wanted to see what you guys think.
That's what I believe @Cluster is working on for 2.12

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
RA integration will make it, at least now we using a(probably) madmonkey or @pcm720 RA config files(you can edit) so it's possible that will implement , other thing it's if this will be in the next release.
Better that edit that RA files, be patient to next hakchi2 release. These men make(so well) hard work.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Clint13579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scoured the internet for box art some of you may appreciate. Took a while but these were some of the hardest to find. I cleaned them up to look nice on NES.

Attachments

• TwinBee Edit.png
    TwinBee Edit.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 241
  • Final Fantasy III.png
    Final Fantasy III.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Mother NES Box Art.png
    Mother NES Box Art.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,187
  • Sweet Home 4.jpg
    Sweet Home 4.jpg