Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
About to post results on booting MS-DOS 6.22 after some difficulties fixing C6 (got it to work eventually)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok in the spoiler below is the results :D
Im sure you know whats coming :D

It works :D. I installed MS-DOS on the 3DS and HIMEM took about 5-10 seconds and its the same with the NES. File size was capped to 29mb :D

:|

Reactions: jelmer

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's great news, maybe we can play Doom, Quake etc. very soon. With MS DOS all possibilities are open.
Notice the file size, Ill try shrink it a little more but essentially yeah we can.

Some things to note:
RetroArch Dosbox installs itself to drive C so MS-DOS is running in drive E: (not that it matters)
The file size of retroarch is 29mb... like i said i will try and lower it soon :D

but yeah put the games files in and load it into autoexec and technicly it should load :D
and should i make a thread for this?

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Notice the file size, Ill try shrink it a little more but essentially yeah we can.

Some things to note:
RetroArch Dosbox installs itself to drive C so MS-DOS is running in drive E: (not that it matters)
The file size of retroarch is 29mb... like i said i will try and lower it soon :D

but yeah put the games files in and load it into autoexec and technicly it should load :D
He thanks for trying this out man, much appreciated.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha DosBox, So the age old question "does it run Doom" has probably been answered, you think you can install Windows on it?
I tried Doom but the version that i have need to install (I think at the moment no Enter can be assigned to buttons with only RA menu). But also I tried...
Quake But unplayable (lag as hell) but It's strange the frame-rate mostly seen 60/60.

Remember, don't try this at home :P. It's a joke but this is only concept proof of RetroArch possibilities, that will be available in future hakchi2 versions.

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys rock... very happy to be able to put more games in the mini.

But i Will keep it a nes Only machine. Cant understand why ppl want to play sega, snes, Amiga and so on on the mini.

Keep up the awesome work

Reactions: _Punk_Frog_

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
You guys rock... very happy to be able to put more games in the mini.

But i Will keep it a nes Only machine. Cant understand why ppl want to play sega, snes, Amiga and so on on the mini.

Keep up the awesome work
Sega, sure I get your point. For Amiga I will make an exception, I destroyed that system as a kid. At the end I will probably just keep it a Nintendo only system. It's just very interesting what the possibilities are at the moment.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
C4l7Tyh.jpg

Reactions: nesito and jelmer

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Last edited by jelmer,

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well ARM, Linux, and OpenGL ES ideally.
Builds for single board computers like the Orange Pi, Banana Pi M2+ Banana Pi M2 Ultra might run on it as is, they're very similar hardware. Might have to compile them specifically for the NES Mini though.

Last edited by CalamityRaven,

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok im working on windows 3.1 now
apparently i had my old ms-dos installation installed so i instantly booted. although there are a few errors i need to take care of
on the other hand it has a MUCH faster boot time than msdos :D

the good thing about my old installation is that i made it for the 3ds version of retroarch so all the applications are in one folder so i can access most things :D

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sega, sure I get your point. For Amiga I will make an exception, I destroyed that system as a kid. At the end I will probably just keep it a Nintendo only system. It's just very interesting what the possibilities are at the moment.

It sure is interesting But all those other systems i can play on My other machines, mini is way to cool to be playing other systems on :)
Atleast for me... not even snes Will be on it.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
It sure is interesting But all those other systems i can play on My other machines, mini is way to cool to be playing other systems on :)
Atleast for me... not even snes Will be on it.
Sometimes the test are the best games ;) But I understand you, then test finish I will have the mini like unique NES system.

Rgs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Not just "some" - I think it's 24 now that have legalized it for adults, so nearly half!