Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you need to go through all those steps. Go here: http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5177&sid=a952edf1f032539105e87d6c0ca3f546&start=90 The third post from the bottom (posted: "Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:26 pm") lists a link to a combined ips patch that will apply the hack, pad the game, and apply the important fix to the "Super Mario Bros. 3 (U) (PRG1) [!].nes" file. Hopefully this helps simplify matters for some.
doesnt matter really- if you knew what i was posting you would know it has
  • Patch the original Super Mario Bros. 3 rom to convert it to Super Mario Adventure
  • Fix the SRAM initialization bug present in the hack - This is the biggest modification and all credit/thanks goes to aWal for going through the game ASM and fixing this

• Pad the rom to 512Kb as the hack has a unusual CHR size
i have n8 everdrive cart so the wanted rgb also; some people would reply on here saying' have you got a patch without the rgb added 'etc etc... thats why i posted the process of both seperately ,the post you have is also good its just another place to research which his useful for those patching

Last edited by Piklz,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Patch the original Super Mario Bros. 3 rom to convert it to Super Mario Adventure
  • Fix the SRAM initialization bug present in the hack - This is the biggest modification and all credit/thanks goes to aWal for going through the game ASM and fixing this

i have n8 everdrive cart so i wanted the wanted rgb also; some people would reply on here saying' have you got a patch without the rgb added 'etc etc... thats why i posted the process of both seperately but it does save thing minus

Ah, makes sense. Good to know both methods wind up in the same place.

_Alex_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

i have n8 everdrive cart so the wanted rgb also; some people would reply on here saying' have you got a patch without the rgb added 'etc etc... thats why i posted the process of both seperately ,the post you have is also good its just another place to research which his useful for those patching

Does the rgp patch has any effect on nes mini or its just for the everdrive n8 for real nes with rgb mod?

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone try splatoon nes to test yet ?
splatoon_nes_box_by_3bros1mission-d8znqtj.png

Last edited by MontyQ,

warmo161

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just copied my hakchi folder to another drive, and now when I try to delete the original, I cant delete all of the files (kernal, temp folder) any idea how I can sort this? (Even though I am running administrator, ugh...)

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just copied my hakchi folder to another drive, and now when I try to delete the original, I cant delete all of the files (kernal, temp folder) any idea how I can sort this? (Even though I am running administrator, ugh...)
Restart your computer and try it again :-)

Chux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this on reddit and it got nowhere, I'll try here too.

The default overscan as listed in the command line argument is
"--guest-overscan-dimensions 0,0,9,3"

While playing Dragon Warrior IV, if I'm moving up or down, the bottom of the screen has that telltale line of sprites moving around, this normally would be removed with a CRT as the bezel or some such would have hid it. Does anybody know what parameter to mess with in order to just lop off that bottom line?

Thanks!

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: MontyQ

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... ok, I'm a little lost here.

I originally added a few games on my iMac using Parallels. I don't have access to it today, so I went to use a laptop, running windows 7. I went through the steps, but had issues adding more games. I flashed the original kernel back to it. Tested on the tv, everything looked back to stock.

So, I basically started from "scratch" on the laptop, added all the new games I wanted on there. Went through the process, everything looked good. Exited hakchi2 2.11 after the last OK confirmation for the new custom kernel was flashed. Hooked the mini to the tv and it doesn't boot now. Just goes on, off, on, etc. :(

Any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even