Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

cathor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To my knowledge, 50hz is no longer a thing in PAL regions due to Digital video signals becoming mainstream. Technically the PAL/US NES classic edition should be the exact same, unless they replaced some games more common in the PAL region back in the 1980s

Thanks, that's what i thought. Just want ta make sure.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tool works with Famicom Mini too or does it have specific problems to handle? I would like to add some games to mine, including FDS games (and some NES with SRAM).
Let me know if you find out about this, I haven't been able to find anyone with a Famicom Mini that's given this tool a try on it.

JelDeRebel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
To my knowledge, 50hz is no longer a thing in PAL regions due to Digital video signals becoming mainstream. Technically the PAL/US NES classic edition should be the exact same, unless they replaced some games more common in the PAL region back in the 1980s

I loaded some USA EU roms and all work fine.

Daddy Horror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also to help those who are having issues maby someone should upload a video of all the steps,dumb question but after they upload and the screen says to wait for the nes to turn off do we wait then hit ok once it does or hit ok and wait?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and im running windows 7 have the hdmi plugged into nes but not tv and tried 2 usb cords, no matter what nes never shuts off. (the more information people can tell the better hope we have of fixing this)

BorntoPlay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Cluster - you're awesome. Big thanks!!

Anyone test the limit yet beyond 64 total games?

I already add 65 games...XD

for the "numbered games" is not showing the correct number after 4... i mean, mega man 4, 5 and 6 are added as "mega man" alone...

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see people load some SNES roms. I'm sure that the classic is able to play them, it is just a matter of finding out how

Ace212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see people load some SNES roms. I'm sure that the classic is able to play them, it is just a matter of finding out how

Would need to get a emulator loaded on there to run SNES roms, we really should focus on getting most game mappers running under the emulator, then we can talk about emulating other systems

nMM456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks awesome, I'll be trying this soon.
Just wondering, has anyone got a brick, and if so are they recoverable?

El-Massman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dragged a screen into the same room as my computer to see what was happening while the tool was running. It looks as though while entering FEL mode the screen stays blank, once the process of adding ROM's has finished windows un-detects and then redetects the NES, and then I'm brought to the main ROM screen. I can use the NES as normal, however the reset button doesn't work. You need to pull the USB cable and then turn back on.

It also looks as though when trying to flash the custom kernel (the initial attempt was seemingly fine) I get the pipe error other people mention and the NES shows a C2 error afterwards and tells me my settings have been reset. I've tried 3 different USB cables at this point. Is there any other useful information I can provide. Are there any log files that would be of help?

Daddy Horror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same thing here minus pipe error

what version of windows?

ok pipeline error when trying to flash orginal system turns on,no screen

the reason might be that the kernal is already flashed with hacked one

Thraximundar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i basically do every steps.

i dump the kernel. works perfectly files appear in \dump folder

then i flash the custom kernel. no error there either.

when i upload my games. as soon as it finishes i hear windows detecting the nes mini off and on.

so i plug in it my monitor and find out the damn thing turned on by itself ?

so i turn it off. and on again .

but no games.

am i doing something wrong. i replaced my usb cables and tried different usb ports from 2.0 to 3.0. several times. same outcome

anybody got the same issue and fixed it ?

Al-hwj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, first of all thanks for this, I've managed to install more than 40 games + the base 30 games and it's working pretty well.

Now I have a problem with the tools itself I can't add more games to the list.
I get an error box that say the table source is not long enough and to verify the limit of srcIndex then I get an unexpected error occurred box.
Even if I delete a game I can't add another one.

Also like said before I can't get the numbers 4, 5, 6 on megaman games titles to show up on the nes screen.
And that's all, everything apart that works well, so thank you again. :)

Edit: Nevermind the unexpected error happen only with a specific rom.

Last edited by Al-hwj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well Charlie Sheen has tiger blood....