Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You doing this on a Windows Operating System? You need to Custom Kernel Flash before drivers can be installed, to allow synching of Games.

Yes, it's on Windows. I'd done it but it's still not working. There was a warning that "kernel dumped but the MD5 checksum is unknown" (this showed up when flashing the original kernel too). I then chose to continue. But still, it won't sync.

Oh, I also want to say what a tremendous job what you did with the PSP core. I can imagine playing Crisis Core on a big screen!

raynor_ni

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really, you could use the snes clover "Game" to get into the retroarch menu to see if they installed. But it won't show you if there was an error or if they installed correctly.
Not sure if I said this before, but without usb the original games are good.
If the hakchi1 flash wasn't good, would they C7 as well? cos when I say everything C7 errors I mean with usb.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the hakchi1 flash wasn't good, would they C7 as well? cos when I say everything C7 errors I mean with usb.
I don't think so because those games are still on the NAND and not the USB.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what it could be. If you'd like I did my own video tutorial on if you want to take a look and see if maybe there's some difference with how I did it opposed to that guide.

There are factors with doing USB-HOST that some are not aware of, as of yet, hardware aside. These will be notated in my next USB-HOST Video. The next one I do will be more universally effective than the ones that are currently out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait til I post my next USB-HOST Video, and things should work out better for you. I should be able to get it up Today or Tomorrow Morn at the latest.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your issue is something I will address to, in my next Release, as well as with a video.

Reactions: raynor_ni

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, PSP running on the classic is a game changer imo. I was waiting (or hoping rather) for a GUI version of the USB mod or for it to be officially integrated into hakchi but now I dunno.

Pascl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Is there an hmod or something else to change the behavior of the B button in menu.
Now, the B button puts the cursor on the last played game in the folder.
I would prefer go up in folders instead (or at least put the cursor on the Back link)

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered In The Hunt a couple of weeks ago. Awesome game ! Was created by the folks that made Metal Slug before Metal Slug was actually created. You can go into Retroarch and change the number of lives to 5 instead of 3, and you can put in a max of 99 coins (in the game itself), so that will get you to the end of the game. I run In The Hunt on FBA.

Have you tried to use lr-pcsx-rearmed core for Psx roms? Games run pretty smooth using that emulator.

I can’t find where to change the coins to 99, anyone know? I’m using the PCSX-ReARMed core w an eboot ps1 rom of in the hunt. I can set the lives from 4 to 5 in the game options but I don’t see where to set the coins.

Lelric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a bit of a major issue here with my SNES Mini. I've been using hakchi2 with it without issue since the first version that supported the SNES Mini, and was able to flash a lot of games and modules on it without issue, and could go back to original kernel and then to custom kernel without issue. I changed a control setting in retroarch by mistake which messed up every retroarch core's controls so I decided to reflash it like I've done multiple times before without issue. This time however, when I flashed the original kernel my SNES Mini booted to a black screen, I could hear the menu music, and the red light was solid. I couldn't move the menu with the controller thinking it was just the video. Have tried powering it from the original USB AC Adapter that came with it and from my computer with no screen popping up. Interestingly, if I flash the custom kernel and try to add games, it shows the blank screen with the text Hakchi on it, and when turning it off it says Shutting Down like it's supposed to, but it never boots to the menu no matter what I try and no matter which kernels I try to use to flash it. Any ideas?

alucard733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
good evening, there is a problem with hakchi and pcsx rearmed. hakchi refuses eboot of more than 2go and if have put manually the game which is for me Final Fantasy 8 he refuses to launch under pcsx rearmed. I speak of an eboot with 4 cd included, on the other hand if I create FF8 in 2 cd it works but not with the 4 cd unfortunately.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good evening, there is a problem with hakchi and pcsx rearmed. hakchi refuses eboot of more than 2go and if have put manually the game which is for me Final Fantasy 8 he refuses to launch under pcsx rearmed. I speak of an eboot with 4 cd included, on the other hand if I create FF8 in 2 cd it works but not with the 4 cd unfortunately.
Hakchi doesn't allow files over 2gb to be added.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-YKEFW/(ROM Name here).sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

Is what the command should be to run RetroArch/Snes9x. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.
I RUN Snes9x. And it runs fine except for this one game. Half of the games in this game have no sound. Can anyone here help me ?

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added a few games to my SD card tonight and I now always get C8 when shutting down. Is it possible that when the card is too full or something we get these?
I haven't been able to try the USB Host method, but I know when I am close to filling my SNES classic's space, I have to shut down, C8, Turn on, Shut down and then it finally turns off. I just removed a large game and it stopped. Hope that helps

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can’t find where to change the coins to 99, anyone know? I’m using the PCSX-ReARMed core w an eboot ps1 rom of in the hunt. I can set the lives from 4 to 5 in the game options but I don’t see where to set the coins.

I didn't know you were running an EBOOT of In The Hunt. I thought you were running FBA. I run the FBA version which allows you insert 99 coins. I actually didn't know there was a PSX version..lol. I will have to download the PSX version and try it out. Sorry man.

EDIT: I have the EBOOT downloading, and I found this for cheats for PSX In The Hunt : http://www.cheatcc.com/psx/codes/ith.html

We will see if they work ! Here is a translation of the PSP controller for buttons, I know it is from the Retropie github and you are running snes, but will help with knowing which button is which for the cheats : https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Playstation-1

Last edited by ByteThis,

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't been able to try the USB Host method, but I know when I am close to filling my SNES classic's space, I have to shut down, C8, Turn on, Shut down and then it finally turns off. I just removed a large game and it stopped. Hope that helps

Yeah, I removed few games I had 16GB almost full... haven't gotten the error back, removed two PSX game.

Reactions: HecklerJH

alucard733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is that complicate!

it goaes easier!
insert the games normale in hakchi and add that command line art like in the picture here.

it looks like that
Code:
/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /var/games/gameid/XXX.sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week1 ID*/cartridge.sfrom --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week2 ID*/cartridge.sfrom --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week3 ID*/cartridge.sfrom --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week4 ID*/cartridge.sfrom

that must be set at every of the 4 roms

when you play week 1 and load week 2 after set boy or girl in the main menu the save automatic apears in week 2 with your char set.
at week 3 and week 4 the same

--sram-file / var / lib / clover / profiles / 0 / * Week1 ID * / cartridge.sfrom is for the mode without USBHost, how did for USBHost?

thanks for your help

16v

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@home...
I have nothing to play.

Will a snes full set fit on internal memory?

Is there a manusl for use usb otg?

Thank you.

The Super Famicom is chinese/ japanese only. Only "kyrilic" letters.
1400db77aba241a68dd31ff771f8f799.jpg
0d35685522bc88c1239a5d32531ddf8d.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@home...
I have nothing to play.

Will a snes full set fit on internal memory?

Is there a manusl for use usb otg?

Thank you.

The Super Famicom is chinese/ japanese only. Only "kyrilic" letters.
1400db77aba241a68dd31ff771f8f799.jpg
0d35685522bc88c1239a5d32531ddf8d.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
The complete library will not fit on the internal memory of a SNES Classic no. I have a usb tutorial in my signature, and there are many more to be found on youtube for how to use the usb functions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: through apparently theres a wii64 version for ps3