Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Cluster, Jan 7, 2017.

1. KMFDManic

KMFDManic GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2017
    United States
    @ does
    @ does not point to people on gbatemp. But, I luckily saw your post:) Atari ST is in my immediate plans to attempt. It came across my mind a half dozen times, and I did a little poking with getting the files here and there. Today, Game & Watch will be posted shortly. But, I will prioritize a test of Atari ST, as one of the next systems I attempt to get running. Obviously, computer based systems are a lot trickier, due to the lack of simplicity, like Atari 2600:) But, I hope to get it working for you, and others! I wouldn't mind getting Commodore 64 and Amiga running, too.

Tario likes this.

2. Spottedfeather

Spottedfeather GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    something that gets Apple II games to run would rock....

3. KMFDManic

Feb 20, 2017
    United States
    Luckily, with CPC Amstrad, DOSBOX, and ZX Spectrum, thus far, nearly ANY Computer's Games from the time can be emulated. Hell, when someone else brought up Apple II, I found some of the popular games have been put onto Android and/or IOS!

4. zpepperfly

zpepperfly Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Canada
    Hey,

As you know, hakchi says that certain nes roms will not run on nintendo's default emulator, because of certain mappers, or 4 player, and so on.
    It then says another nes module might fix this, and whether to add the game.

My question is this: If I add another nes emulator to the system, will it become the default for every game, or just these few that need it for?

In other words, if I install another nes emulator, will it replace nintendo's default emulator? Or, will it just emulate the few games that need them?

Finally, or is the extra module needed to run these, not even another emulator, but code that helps the default emulator?

I would really prefer to use Nintendo's default emulator for all games that work with it.

Thanks,

zpepper

5. Spottedfeather

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    DOSBOX will run Apple II games ?

6. KMFDManic

Feb 20, 2017
    United States
    NES Classic - Game & Watch Test (Handheld Games)

PlaystationTV and princesaph like this.
  7. Mad-Mega

Mad-Mega GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2017
    Netherlands
    It does not overwrite the standard emulator, it just adds another one, you can choose for every game, which emu it must run.

8. KMFDManic

Feb 20, 2017
    United States
    Which games, specifically, are you hoping to run?

9. NESjimbo

NESjimbo GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Number Munchers! :rofl2:

evilvoice likes this.
  10. Cluster
    OP

Cluster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 2, 2005
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow Region, Electrostal
    I released second video about hakchi2 development. You can enable English subtitles.

nockster, sks316, byevoltor and 5 others like this.
  11. byevoltor

byevoltor Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2015
    Mexico
    You are big.
    The best.
    Great job done.
    We are waiting for a new update of hachi2 with news.

All over the planet, they depend on you, for Nes mini and the next mini Snes.

My thanks for your work.

Thanks!!!!!

sks316 likes this.
  12. sks316

sks316 Retro Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    Alright, so I plan to get a Classic Edition by the end of the year. Wish me luck.
    What major bugs are there with hakchi, what can this app do (other than add games), and what do I need to know before hacking the NES Classic?

13. Spottedfeather

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    all the Apple II games I played when I was a kid...
    Super Bunny
    Karateka
    Sammy Lightfoot
    Sneakers
    Dino Eggs
    Mickey's Space Adventure
    Little Computer People
    Drol
    Ghostbusters
    Lemonade Stand
    Number Munchers
    Apple Panic
    Raster Blaster
    Fat City
    Sticky Bear
    Choplifter
    Oregon Trail
    Ali Baba
    Hard Hat Mack
    Lode Runner
    Apple Cider Spider
    B.C.'s Quest for Tires

The Bilestoad
    Gamma Goblins
    the carmen sandiego games

I'm sure there are more, but those are the main ones I remember.

14. ByteThis

ByteThis GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2017
    Canada
    Good guess..lol...

15. KMFDManic

Feb 20, 2017
    United States
    Several, if not all, of these, I should be able to get running via other PC Emulators. I will try Number Munchers first.

16. evilvoice

evilvoice Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2017
    United States
    They had word munchers as well.
    Loved Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego games.

Last edited by evilvoice, Jul 19, 2017
  17. KMFDManic

Feb 20, 2017
    United States
    Probably by tomorrow, I will be doing a massive overhaul of my Bulk HMOD Set. Notable changes are...-RetroArch Updated (specifically Nestopia) -Updated Picodrive, PCE Fast, & SuperGrafx (All 3 work nicely with crt filter hack now!) -Updated nearly most of the rest of the Cores, that I had not done yet. So, those will ALL be posted, as well! I also put together an alternative PCSX Core, that has more options to work with than the one we are currently using:) The Updated PCE Fast has more options related to Turbografx-CD than previously. This may very well be a hopeful promise that we can get Turbo-CD games running. But, don't get your hopes up, just yet! Several options across many Cores, simply do not function on the Mini NES. So, it is what it is, sometimes...unfortunately. But, I will at least try:) So, by tomorrow, expect a nice update! I will also try to get more Cores working. And, I will see about updating the remaining ones I did not, as of yet.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I got Number Munchers running. I will try to get some others going, too:) I may do a video with some of the ones in this list, hehe.

princesaph likes this.
  18. Spottedfeather

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    with what emulator ?

19. KMFDManic

Feb 20, 2017
    United States
    Since it was also ported to various computers, other than Apple II, I got it running via DOSBOX. That is the beauty of it all. No matter what systems, PC wise, someone wants emulated...beloved games from said system are almost always available with other ports. This isn't like Super Mario Bros or God of War. Number Munchers was a game ALL kids played at schools, at the time...along with Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego. It was literally impossible to not play them, haha. Every friggin' school had Apple II computers:)

20. KMFDManic

Feb 20, 2017
    United States
    Update: Part 2: I got Commodore 64 working on the Mini NES:) Expect the update, along with working Commodore 64 Core, Sun/Mon:) I am hoping to get Amiga running, too! But, Commodore 64 is one people have struggled getting to run for quite some time now. So, I am glad the hurdle has been successfully jumped! I will post a video, with it in action...along with the updated Core set! Note, Commodore 64 is a little tricky to set up! But, I will do my best to help you guys out in my Video!

Update: Part 1: I updated the ENTIRE set of Cores. I added a few more (NEWER Final Burn, etc), that were not done before, as well. I just need to get them all organized, make sure everything is good, then will post the massive update:) And, as previously mentioned, CRT filter will now work with the Updated Picodrive, PCE Fast, and SuperGrafx:)

Last edited by KMFDManic, Jul 21, 2017 at 11:32 PM
    marcushg85, Tario and TooMuchPower like this.