Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressing the y button on my snes 8bitdo pad pulls up the on screen keyboard and then press select to be able to move the cursor to a key). I've set my controller to the vice joystick and it's played my games fine.

I've tried a few game formats but this emu seems pretty slow at loading games (t64, prg, p00, d64...). Is there a way to boost loading times like you can with the zx retroarch emu Fuse?

Use the trick I showcase in first couple minutes of this video.

TheWez1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd like to play some Duck Hunt or Wild Gunman on the NESC, but for that I need to cursor to be enabled.
When I boot up Duck Hunt, the cursor isn't there....
Anyone knows how to enable it?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By request, I did TGB Dual, which is a Game Boy/Game Boy Color Core, that allows for "Dual Link" 2 Player with Games like Tetris. It is a suitable replacement for Gambatte, if Dual Link is your thing:) Here is the link! If there are any other Cores you want me to attempt, feel free to let me know. I will integrate this into my full set, once I am done with a few other Core changes I am making.

https://ufile.io/ddj70

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd like to play some Duck Hunt or Wild Gunman on the NESC, but for that I need to cursor to be enabled.
When I boot up Duck Hunt, the cursor isn't there....
Anyone knows how to enable it?

Your only option is to play it via MAME 2003, with VS Duck Hunt! But, sensitivity is really really sensitive. You need to be really delicate with movements. I played it in one of my earlier videos:)

Reactions: byevoltor

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
By request, I did TGB Dual, which is a Game Boy/Game Boy Color Core, that allows for "Dual Link" 2 Player with Games like Tetris. It is a suitable replacement for Gambatte, if Dual Link is your thing:) Here is the link! If there are any other Cores you want me to attempt, feel free to let me know. I will integrate this into my full set, once I am done with a few other Core changes I am making.

Your only option is to play it via MAME 2003, with VS Duck Hunt! But, sensitivity is really really sensitive. You need to be really delicate with movements. I played it in one of my earlier videos:)

Good job!!!

Too bad that only some of Gbatemp, can enjoy a lot of games.

If one day, in a video, this year, this summer, next Christmas, you leave a link to mega of such success, many of gbatemp and the rest of the world, will be eternally grateful for a huge gift of 300mb.

The envy is healthy, since surely few of gbatemp have gone from 1000 games in 300mb.

Thanks for all your efforts!!!!!

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

as always, I'd love an Apple II core...

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job!!!

Too bad that only some of Gbatemp, can enjoy a lot of games.

If one day, in a video, this year, this summer, next Christmas, you leave a link to mega of such success, many of gbatemp and the rest of the world, will be eternally grateful for a huge gift of 300mb.

The envy is healthy, since surely few of gbatemp have gone from 1000 games in 300mb.

Thanks for all your efforts!!!!!

This has already been done over 2 months ago:) I released a set of the Magic:) You can Private Message me, if you'd like.

Reactions: Higgy and geek_76

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Pressing the y button on my snes 8bitdo pad pulls up the on screen keyboard and then press select to be able to move the cursor to a key). I've set my controller to the vice joystick and it's played my games fine.

I've tried a few game formats but this emu seems pretty slow at loading games (t64, prg, p00, d64...). Is there a way to boost loading times like you can with the zx retroarch emu Fuse?

hmmm, my NES30 controller doesn't work properly in the menus (no d-pad) and the y button does nothing, my wiiu pro controller works fine in the menus, but again, the y button does nothing.

To get faster loading on a c64 emulator, usually you switch off true drive emulation, but I tried that, it fails to load anything, giving a device not found error.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm, my NES30 controller doesn't work properly in the menus (no d-pad) and the y button does nothing, my wiiu pro controller works fine in the menus, but again, the y button does nothing.

To get faster loading on a c64 emulator, usually you switch off true drive emulation, but I tried that, it fails to load anything, giving a device not found error.
I've found t64 games boot the fastest. I'm not sure why your pad doesn't work as mine configures fine? Select vice joystick and save core then in-game press y then hit select to be able to move the cursor for the on-screen keyboard works well for me?

Use the trick I showcase in first couple minutes of this video.

That's far too much effort for me to speed up the loading. Haha

Using t64 games they seem to load in about 20 seconds so I'm happy with that (stunt car racer, ik+, sanaxion, zaxon, mayhem in monsterland etc load and play great).

Last edited by MrTea,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found t64 ganes boot the fastest. I'm not sure why your pad doesn't work as mine configures fine? Select vice joystick and save core then in-game press y then hit select to be able to move the cursor for the on-screen keyboard works well for me?

That's far too much effort for me to speed up the loading. Haha

Using t64 games they seem to load in about 20 seconds so I'm happy with that (stunt car racer, ik+, sanaxion, zaxon, mayhem in monsterland etc load and play great).

The trick helps with many things, Mini wise. It also boosts performance in Sega Saturn/3DO games, for starters. C64 Games load fast for me. But, I am doing things a little differently:) You gotta remember how "slow" the real games loaded, back in the day, and correlate what ran better and what didn't. Then, you are basically set.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as always, I'd love an Apple II core...

Apple II Core exists for RetroPie, but not suited to the environment the Mini runs on. It is, like Atari 5200, kind of a lost cause for now. But, most of the popular Apple II Games were ported to Dos Format, and you can run ones like Number Munchers, Carmen Sandiego, Oregon Trail, etc., via DOSBOX, just fine.

TheWez1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
After getting a few PM's about how I did the NESC BlackBox Edition, I made a little video how to do that.
You can customise you NESC in any way with this.
No hmod or any other file needed.

Reactions: Mnecraft368

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
The trick helps with many things, Mini wise. It also boosts performance in Sega Saturn/3DO games, for starters. C64 Games load fast for me. But, I am doing things a little differently:) You gotta remember how "slow" the real games loaded, back in the day, and correlate what ran better and what didn't. Then, you are basically set.

Is there not a fast forward key like on retroarch for pc and android (which sounds like it's doing the steps you've done here)?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country

In general, t64 will usually be the slowest loading c64 file, followed by d64. t64 files emulate an audio cassette, which is real slow. d64 file are floppy disk images, again the c64 floppy drive was incredibly slow, even though the drive itself was capable ofr way better speeds, commodore didn't use it correctly. speed wise, you want .p64 or .crt files. on that note, google can find you a .crt file of mayhem in monsterland for instant(!) loading.

Do save states work on c64? they don't seem to for me.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there not a fast forward key like on retroarch for pc and android (which sounds like it's doing the steps you've done here)?

Yes, RetroArch does have a Fast Forward ability. But, it is unable to be used in OUR RetroArch.

In general, t64 will usually be the slowest loading c64 file, followed by d64. t64 files emulate an audio cassette, which is real slow. d64 file are floppy disk images, again the c64 floppy drive was incredibly slow, even though the drive itself was capable ofr way better speeds, commodore didn't use it correctly. speed wise, you want .p64 or .crt files. on that note, google can find you a .crt file of mayhem in monsterland for instant(!) loading.

Correct on .crt. It has been so very long since many have used the "original" games, to realize that .crts do load the fastest! I was going to cover this in my video. I have been busy updating Mame, however:) So, no real rush on "that" video, as of yet. But, it is awesome that some of you took the initiative to play around! Every bit helps!

Two Videos Posted, one has a bit of Randomness as far as a few things I do when updating my set, as well as a Sega CD Preview.

The Other, a Core "HMOD" Overview

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country

Yep I know... I'm just saying for t64 it seems the best for compatibility and for booting the quickest that I've tried on the nes mini vice emulator. Most of the games I want aren't even on the crt format...

Last edited by MrTea,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I know... I'm just saying for t64 it seems the best I've tried. I'll try crt though...

crt works as nicely as the crt hack, heh. It literally was the FIRST format I tested, since I knew other formats could take ions to load. Jungle Hunt is a perfect test game. It runs great. We are talking "instantaneous loading" here!

What really irks me is, in adding MAME games...There is actually an entire subdivision of MAME games that takes approximately 2 entire minutes, per game, to LOAD! It is friggin' ridiculous! I may still keep them in my set, and just let people decide if it is worth bothering with playing them:) Basically, they are the equivalent of running slow loading Commodore 64 Games, in an Arcade environment!

Last edited by KMFDManic,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to use the core to play Metal Slug and Metal Slug 2?

You need, as an example, MAME 2003, as well as the Master Bios Module I linked to. Install both of those, and make sure RetroArch HMOD is also installed. Then, command line /bin/zip to bin/mame2003, once you add games as an archive.

szataneria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You need, as an example, MAME 2003, as well as the Master Bios Module I linked to. Install both of those, and make sure RetroArch HMOD is also installed. Then, command line /bin/zip to bin/mame2003, once you add games as an archive.
Thank You, its works, but MS2 has lost frames.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards