Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

TooMuchPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Flashing custom kernel is the proper way to be able to flash games on a newer version of hakchi2, as well as on another Mini. It will help ensure you are properly able to flash games, hmods, etc.

KMFDManic, thank you for the NBA HangTime again it works great!

What is the the proper way to start clean again on the mini? I think there should be a sticky on this subject. I know it's posted in this massive thread somewhere but coming from yourself or someone who knows what they are doing should be sticky'ed.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done it from scratch. It's best to use 2.17. First delete all save states using Hakchi, or you can do a factory reset in NESC.

- Uninstall all HMODs
- Uninstall Hakchi
- Flash original kernel (Hakchi will prompt you to do this when you uninstall Hakchi)
- Allow NESC to reset. It will now be back to factory with original 30 and will no longer be able to communicate with Hakchi or your computer
- Flash custom kernel
- Reinstall all HMODs you want
- Add games

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I've done it from scratch. It's best to use 2.17. First delete all save states using Hakchi, or you can do a factory reset in NESC.

- Uninstall all HMODs
- Uninstall Hakchi
- Flash original kernel (Hakchi will prompt you to do this when you uninstall Hakchi)
- Allow NESC to reset. It will now be back to factory with original 30 and will no longer be able to communicate with Hakchi or your computer
- Flash custom kernel
- Reinstall all HMODs you want
- Add games
After I uninstalled all HMODS, erased all traces of Hakchi and flashed the OG kernel I always reset the factory settings on the NES Mini before I flash the custom kernel. Restore factory settings is on the NES Mini itself under options/settings.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it matters what order you do a factory restore, but no problems doing it after you restore the original kernel. I usually boot it up to make sure it's truly back to original before reloading the custom kernel and RA.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I'm not sure if it matters what order you do a factory restore, but no problems doing it after you restore the original kernel. I usually boot it up to make sure it's truly back to original before reloading the custom kernel and RA.
Very good, that is the correct order. After restoring the OG kernel I usually factory reset the system to take the last junk out before I hack it again.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KMFDManic, thank you for the NBA HangTime again it works great!

What is the the proper way to start clean again on the mini? I think there should be a sticky on this subject. I know it's posted in this massive thread somewhere but coming from yourself or someone who knows what they are doing should be sticky'ed.

My memory topic video, greatly helps.

But, you would want to...

1. Uninstall ALL HMODS

2. Uninstall HAKCHI2

3. Delete TEMP folder from Hakchi2 Directory

4. Flash Custom & Original Kernel

5. Flash Games (Try to stick to 275-300 Mb Range, and compensate for HMODS)

6. You can wipe all Saves on Mini by following my posted video on that, as well.

7. Reinstall HMODS. It is always best to install HMODS, after the GAMES. This will give you more space to work with from an initial clean state.

8. You do not necessarily HAVE to uninstall Hakchi2, unless you have a memory conflict. You can try skipping step 2, and doing the rest. And, if things do not pan out for you, then redo, following Step 2:)

I have cleaned up hundreds of times with this method, as well as helped many others. Lastly, I would suggest using the Debug version, as it gives you an excellent read on remaining memory, with each flash.

My YouTube Channel with Memory Clean Video...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NES Classic - Pokemon Mini Test (Core posted in my Mega Thread Topic on Reddit)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

I don't have to uninstall anything ?

9 out of 10 times, you can Flash Custom Kernel and be fine. It is mainly necessary to uninstall if you have a true conflict. I made another post, with a video link, instructions, etc...that should help you out:) I have used this method over 1000 times via TeamViewer, with my own set-up, tests, etc. I also posted another Core in my set:)

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: TooMuchPower

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a NES30 Pro Game Controller from 8bitdo plus the NES Classic Receiver. After updating their firmware to the latest and paired them to NESCE for the first time, I found that its button mapping on the Retroarch menu was strange. I tried a SNES game, the Y button function was identical with A and X was identical with B. By default, both X and Y were not functioning as if my previous HORI Battle Pad (which automatically mapped everything perfectly).

Anyone has tips about using button mapping on this 8bitdo product?

Here is a thread that might help you my friend:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic...do_users_new_beta_firmware_supports_all_keys/

If you need any software... I have files stored on my laptop :

8Bitdo_NesMini_RR_Firmware_v1.05_Beta0

8Bitdo_NesMini_RR_Firmware_V105_beta3

Firmware_FC30Pro_NES30Pro_V1.73_Beta0

Let me know if you need a file..I will upload it for you! :)

Last edited by ByteThis,
Reactions: maande80

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My memory topic video, greatly helps.

But, you would want to...

1. Uninstall ALL HMODS

2. Uninstall HAKCHI2

3. Delete TEMP folder from Hakchi2 Directory

4. Flash Custom & Original Kernel

5. Flash Games (Try to stick to 275-300 Mb Range, and compensate for HMODS)

6. You can wipe all Saves on Mini by following my posted video on that, as well.

7. Reinstall HMODS. It is always best to install HMODS, after the GAMES. This will give you more space to work with from an initial clean state.

8. You do not necessarily HAVE to uninstall Hakchi2, unless you have a memory conflict. You can try skipping step 2, and doing the rest. And, if things do not pan out for you, then redo, following Step 2:)

I have cleaned up hundreds of times with this method, as well as helped many others. Lastly, I would suggest using the Debug version, as it gives you an excellent read on remaining memory, with each flash.

My YouTube Channel with Memory Clean Video...

NES Classic - Pokemon Mini Test (Core posted in my Mega Thread Topic on Reddit)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

9 out of 10 times, you can Flash Custom Kernel and be fine. It is mainly necessary to uninstall if you have a true conflict. I made another post, with a video link, instructions, etc...that should help you out:) I have used this method over 1000 times via TeamViewer, with my own set-up, tests, etc. I also posted another Core in my set:)

which games does mame2010 run ? Would I still need mame2000 and mame2003 ?

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
the NES Classic Receiver firmware needs to be on this firmware, not the latest on their website
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5z4ly99-W8WcWYzLWZJSUZWNzg/view

you need to downgrade back to stock 1.03 then upgrade to this^

now you can go to retroarch/quick menu/controls and change them

also uninstall and reinstall retroarch if you made any changes before using this

Here is a thread that might help you my friend:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic...do_users_new_beta_firmware_supports_all_keys/

If you need any software... I have files stored on my laptop :

8Bitdo_NesMini_RR_Firmware_v1.05_Beta0

8Bitdo_NesMini_RR_Firmware_V105_beta3

Firmware_FC30Pro_NES30Pro_V1.73_Beta0

Let me know if you need a file..I will upload it for you! :)

Thanks so much, Guys! Beta 0 works perfectly!
I wonder, does Beta 3 works well with an unmodded NES Classic?
Or you still need the Beta 0?

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An nes classic inside a donkey kong arcade cabinet
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302376025285

How is he connecting the joysticks to the nes classic ?

I'm looking for a joystick controller for mame games , one that's not too expensive

I have this already
http://www.mayflash.com/Products/UNIVERSAL/PC042.html

Is there an adapter I can buy to make it work on the nes classic ?

I don't mind buying another that works in the nes classic but not over $40

I doubt that is a nes mini in that cabinet. Probably a rasp pi with an nes mini theme he is using.He must be using the "nes mini" song and dance for a quick sell to people that still don't have one!

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An nes classic inside a donkey kong arcade cabinet
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302376025285

blasphemers

25sph20.jpg

Reactions: ByteThis

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - REAL Doom & REAL Quake Test (Both Cores included in my latest Mega Thread Update:)

which games does mame2010 run ? Would I still need mame2000 and mame2003 ?

MAME 2010 runs several games that do not run on MAME 2003, starting with Thunder Blade & Night Slashers. It also more optimally runs Midway-Bally Games that do not function so well on 2000, and not at all on 2003. The main drawbacks to MAME 2010 are that it is 14 Mb, CRT Filter doesn't play nice with it (works great for MAME 2003, however!), NEO-GEO doesn't run as well, and you cannot use the nifty MAME Options, like you can in 2003. 2010 is recommended mainly for running games you can't run elsewhere. For the most part, MAME 2003 is the way to go. It is fun playing Star Wars & Thunder Blade in 2010, though! Neither work in 2000 or 2003. There are probably a good 100 plus games that can only be run on 2010.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn