Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Max filesize for a folder is 30mb. Anything over that and hackchi won't even let you sync.

I once crammed a bunch of misc roms into the retroarch folder, when I was a newbie, but now I do it the 'proper way' and run shortcuts with command lines (saves space that way also). Killer instinct won't fit, lol, I know that much. :P

Oh, maybe you are asking how many you could fit number wise in a folder (let's say if they were all really tiny and not over 30 mb total). Good question. Probably no limit. Might be worth experimenting with. :P Time to cram 1000 tiny roms into a folder. rofl.
haha yes. #wise into each folder. I have 30 games max in each folder for NES,SNES, etc. Was just wondering how many MAME style games could go into a folder. :)

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With some of my mame games, I actually had to unzip them, and them rezip them for the hackchi folder to accept them. I have no idea why, but it worked for a few of my mame games.
Well. I have 677 nes games 12 genesis. 19 snes. 6 Gba. And 1 neo. So far when I get ms1 on there I delete a few games just to cancel out the space. Then first added it to my neo folder to be in the same folder as ms2 and it wouldn't sync. Then added it in its own folder inside neo folder. Wouldn't sync. Then made seperate neo folders for ms1 and ms2. Still won't sync. Booo.

kaz321123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha yes. #wise into each folder. I have 30 games max in each folder for NES,SNES, etc. Was just wondering how many MAME style games could go into a folder. :)

You could probably 'safely' do about 90 in a folder (now that I get your question exactly), but you wouldn't be able to use save states. With 40, you get 1 save state each (I think). I forget how the breakdown goes tbh.

In Hakchi2, it gives an option for 100 games in a folder.

Last edited by kaz321123,

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Analog probably does work if you activate it
I will have to try that. But growing up with an NES original, I kinda like the Dpad :D

Interesting. Well that's a good find for you.
I guess so... My boss gave it to me for $2 lol. And I couldn't be happier with it. I also use a 3rd party extender for it, and so far so good.

I just want ppl to know, dig out those old controllers and give em a try! Can't hurt

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a question on this. I am wanting to create my own hmod that will import overlays into the default folder. The problem I am having is the folder that it is defaulted to is labelled ".config" which is a hidden folder. Though if I try to create this folder within Windows I am unable to do so. Is there a way for me to do this without editing the "retroarch.cfg". The reason I am wanting this is that I do not wish to have people resync and overwrite retroarch with this version, when their own version can still work, and it just injects the overlay files in with the hmod. If this can't be done then I will just rebuild a retroarch.hmod with edited Overlays default directory. It has been a while since I coded stuff, but I still understand most concepts of this. If anyone can help that would be great :D

EDIT: Wow I totally forgot how to do some of the stuff.. I made the directory bah. Forgot about the most powerful tool in Windows. Command prompt lol. I will try and see if this will work or compile properly to make the hmod.

Last edited by Kobe46,
Reactions: TxFxL and kaz321123

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will have to try that. But growing up with an NES original, I kinda like the Dpad :D

I guess so... My boss gave it to me for $2 lol. And I couldn't be happier with it. I also use a 3rd party extender for it, and so far so good.

I just want ppl to know, dig out those old controllers and give em a try! Can't hurt

I picked up two wii classic pro controllers from a local buy/sell site. They even had the wii logo on them (where they are supposed to be) and they looked and felt legit. Found out they didn't work and realized they were 'really good fakes.' Didn't pay too much for them, but maybe one day they will be supported.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Max filesize for a folder is 30mb. Anything over that and hackchi won't even let you sync.

I once crammed a bunch of misc roms into the retroarch folder, when I was a newbie, but now I do it the 'proper way' and run shortcuts with command lines (saves space that way also). Killer instinct won't fit, lol, I know that much. :P

Oh, maybe you are asking how many you could fit number wise in a folder (let's say if they were all really tiny and not over 30 mb total). Good question. Probably no limit. Might be worth experimenting with. :P Time to cram 1000 tiny roms into a folder. rofl.
Actually I have a gba folder that has roughly 50mb in it.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could probably 'safely' do about 90 in a folder (now that I get your question exactly), but you wouldn't be able to use save states. With 40, you get 1 save state each (I think). I forget how the breakdown goes tbh.

In Hakchi2, it gives an option for 100 games in a folder.
Ok, so you have absolutely made my day! I have games on here I never thought I would have with the MAME core and ROM set up (ease of adding games) that you so beautifully put together. All the games I added work, have save states have sound and look wonderful and play excellent.

Not sure if you know the answer to this but..............When I hit one of the buttons on my controller it brings up a black and white menu while the game is on. It's basically a config menu for the controller. I went to (input this game). There are a tonne of options to select from and change buttons to.
By any chance do you know what menu item brings up this menu and how I can shut it off? haha!

I'm trying to kick a guy in Street Fighter and every time i hit one of the kick buttons this menu comes up and I can't see what I'm doing.:P

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT! THANKS AGAIN.

Last edited by DR1001,

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With some of my mame games, I actually had to unzip them, and them rezip them for the hackchi folder to accept them. I have no idea why, but it worked for a few of my mame games.
got it bro! Just had to have one neo folder sync first and the other one sync last :)

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it is time for me to sleep. My first attempt at it did not work, i think i might need to do some settings for the hmod install file, i just let it do basic transfer_default, since I am not making any folders it is already there, but I believe it is because the folder is hidden that I cannot inject it this way. My brain is fried lol. I will work on this tomorrow heh.

Le_Gogh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read through as much as I physically can, and also the faq thread. There seems to be conflicting answers to this and I still can't work out a fix so I figured I'd post.

I can't get in game saves to work for SNES or Mega Drive/Genesis games. Nor can I get suspend points to work. They do work with my NES games, including the ones I've added. My folder structure is as follows:

Home menu (with the 30 original roms in)
/Emulator Settings (contains RetroArch file only)
/Mega Drive
/Folder 1 (~20 MD games)
/Folder 2 (~23 MD games)​
/NES "2.0" (i.e. Additional NES roms I've added, ~20)
/SNES
/Folder 1 (~22 SNES games)
/Folder 2 (~24 SNES games)​

Suspend points etc work on all NES games, even those I've added. They don't work for SNES or MD games though, nor do in game saves. What am I doing wrong? The folder within each console contains less than 30mb of roms each, and there are no periods on the file names except for the extension (e.g. ".md"). I know I could technically use the RetroArch menu to save, but this is bugging me as others have it working without using that method.

AndyVr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just installed retroarch-clover (follow the steps from GitHub) and installed Sonic 2 & 3 and Super mario all-stars. Sonic 2 & 3 give a black screen and go's back to NES Classic menu, Super mario all-stars loads but i can not select a level (controller is not working). Alreay try different roms but same problem. You guys have any idea what i did wrong ? :)

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
What are the best N64 games to put on the NESC?

I assume someone has tested some that run well and others that don't.

I have 007, Mario Kart and Mario 64 right now.
Adding the analog controller update and was going to throw on a few more.

Do either Zelda's run well?
You have 007 decently running? Doom 64 works very well, the emulator is still a bit buggy.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed retroarch-clover (follow the steps from GitHub) and installed Sonic 2 & 3 and Super mario all-stars. Sonic 2 & 3 give a black screen and go's back to NES Classic menu, Super mario all-stars loads but i can not select a level (controller is not working). Alreay try different roms but same problem. You guys have any idea what i did wrong ? :)
Sonic 2+3 load fine for me. It might be your ROMs.

Mario All-Stars does not work for me using the 2005 core. For Mario 3, I am able to choose the game and hit start, but once I appear on World 1, no buttons work. I recommend using the 2010 core for that game, but keep in mind that save states will be 5MB each.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
That is not true. It is really hit and miss, but I have been using a Power A Wii classic style controller and works great on SNES Genesis and NES games. The analog does not work in game, but does on menus. L1 + R1 do work though.
View attachment 80107
It really isn't, this controller together with the Hori and PDP controllers are officially licensed products. I suppose the thumb rule is 3rd controllers work as long as they are officially licensed by Nintendo.

AndyVr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sonic 2+3 load fine for me. It might be your ROMs.

Mario All-Stars does not work for me using the 2005 core. For Mario 3, I am able to choose the game and hit start, but once I appear on World 1, no buttons work. I recommend using the 2010 core for that game, but keep in mind that save states will be 5MB each.

Can you give a hint where i can find working Sonic roms, i know i may not ask this. :)

I'm already using 2010 core for SNES... :/

Last edited by AndyVr,

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Good news on Neo-Geo games. You won't need to include neogeo.zip with every game anymore.
/bin/fba and /bin/neo scripts will automatically create a symlink (basically, a shortcut) to /etc/libretro/system/neogeo.zip when you launch a Neo-Geo game.
This will allow you to save approximately 1384 KB on every Neo-Geo game during upload and 1384*(n - 1) KB of internal memory for n number of games already installed.

Update 0.5:
https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases/latest

Changes:
  • Fixed FDS games not saving when using Nestopia
  • Automatically create symlink to neogeo.zip for every fbalpha and fbalpha2012_neogeo game (no more neogeo.zip in every game folder!)
Reinstall fb_alpha.hmod or fbalpha2012_neogeo.hmod for this to work.
From now on, you'll need to upload neogeo.zip only once.
Just put neogeo.zip to any Neo-Geo game folder you want, synchronize and launch it once for every other game to work automatically or just upload neogeo.zip to RA's system folder using BIOS template.
That's it, and you won't have to include neogeo.zip anymore unless you uninstall hakchi and decide to install it again.

Last edited by pcm720,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: