Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

kaz321123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you just put the separate ZIPs in the same folder, or do you add the individual files from the Puck-Man ZIP into the Pac-Man ZIP? I'd appreciate that, thanks!

I take the individual files from puckman, and put them in the same folder with the pac-man ones. I select all the files inside the pac-man folder>right click>7z>add to archive...

I pick the 'store and zip' options in 7-zip, but you can even choose ULTRA, and it would work (I tried it with sf2ce).

Last edited by kaz321123,
Reactions: NESjimbo

kaz321123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 314 mb. It's like 7/8 sequences lol also that's why you should copy and paste your whole hakchi folder and only make changes and tests in 1 of them. All folder assignments etc still saved in other copied hakchi. All sitting waiting just to be resynced!

Brilliant! *sips on guinness*. But I can't believe I didn't realize that I could just copy it, and save my work (folder assignments). lmfao!

kaz321123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you add MAME ROMs when there are parent and child ROMs? For example, I want to add Pac-Man (US), but in order to so, I have to include parent ROM Puck-Man (Japan). Another one is adding Gradius (US), but I have to include parent ROM Nemesis.

Do I add the child ROM as an archive into Hakchi, and include the parent ROM in the same game folder, or is there another way?

Gradius worked without doing anything with a parent rom. Here it is:
https://github.com/kaz321123/Mame-Support-Files/blob/master/Mame2003 Roms/gradius.zip

Reactions: NESjimbo

ArcNoculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried OOT, which seemed to run just fine, but I couldn't get the cartridge save to work. Anyone know how to make the game saves?

No luck so far getting any battery backup saves in Majora's Mask. A lot of unexpected crashes unfortunately :(

It is great to see though, with Cluster's analog fix, a big step forward in playability with N64 today!!!

Last edited by ArcNoculus,

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://github.com/kaz321123/Mame-Support-Files/blob/master/Mame2003 Roms/gradius.zip

Your Mame support files GitHub is awesome. Question for you. Are all the ROM files that are in there ready to go and are working with the NES classic? Your Pac-Man example in the "Read Me" file says to just pull the Zip file into Hatch and import as archive.

Are all the Roms listed there (the ones listed Asteroid - Vanguard) ready to be "pulled into Hakchi?"

Thanks for putting those in there by the way.

Adding the core and some Mame games is next on my list.

The ones i want to add are:
sf1
sf2ce
final fight
pac-man
golden axe

Last edited by DR1001,

kaz321123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your Mame support files GitHub is awesome. Question for you. Are all the ROM files that are in there ready to go and are working with the NES classic? Your Pac-Man example in the "Read Me" file says to just pull the Zip file into Hatch and import as archive.

Are all the Roms listed there (the ones listed Asteroid - Vanguard) ready to be "pulled into Hakchi?"

Thanks for putting those in there by the way.

Adding the core and some Mame games is next on my list.

The ones i want to add are:
sf1
sf2ce
final fight
pac-man
golden axe

Yep, the ones in the roms folder are all the ones on my mini in fact. They are ready to be used right away. :)

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brilliant! *sips on guinness*. But I can't believe I didn't realize that I could just copy it, and save my work (folder assignments). lmfao!
Lol yeah it makes things way easier. Lately I been trying to fit 2 metal slug games on. I had just number 2 now I'm trying to get number 1 on too in the same folder. But the hoe won't sync so I don't think I can haha

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks so much! Great job with all those ROMs. I've been swapping out all the arcade ports that are part of the Original 30 (Donkey Kong + Jr, Mario Bros, Bubble Bobble, Double Dragon 2, Ghosts n Goblins, Pac-Man, and Galaga) with the actual arcade versions. Plus some others that I had added, like Salamander (Life Force), Gun.Smoke, Knights of the Round, Ms. Pac-Man.

Zinkatres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is right place for it, but does anyone know if it possible to use a generic wii classic controller with the NES Classic? I have a few generic's and they just don't function. Wasn't sure if this was a software thing that might be able to be fixed via hakchi with an hmod of some sort or if it is a hardware issue in the controller.. Thanks!

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if this is right place for it, but does anyone know if it possible to use a generic wii classic controller with the NES Classic? I have a few generic's and they just don't function. Wasn't sure if this was a software thing that might be able to be fixed via hakchi with an hmod of some sort or if it is a hardware issue in the controller.. Thanks!
Third party or generic wii controllers do not work. Must be official Nintendo brand to work.
I got a MyArcade Wireless Gamepad Pro (has 4 buttons and shoulder buttons) and it works seamlessly.

kaz321123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many Mame games are you putting into a folder?

Mostly just the 'golden age' coin-op games (1980-1985). And a few that I like after that, like sf2ce, mk, etc.

If you know of some others that you like, I can throw them in also. It is fun to try 'new' games that others enjoy.

Zinkatres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Third party or generic wii controllers do not work. Must be official Nintendo brand to work.
I got a MyArcade Wireless Gamepad Pro (has 4 buttons and shoulder buttons) and it works seamlessly.

Thanks! I might have to give that MyArcade controller a shot. How is the feel of the controller & buttons? Pretty decent to play with?

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mostly just the 'golden age' coin-op games (1980-1985). And a few that I like after that, like sf2ce, mk, etc.

If you know of some others that you like, I can throw them in also. It is fun to try 'new' games that others enjoy.

Sorry, I meant how many games are you putting into folders on the Classic? Have you found a max amount of games you can put into one folder in the GUI?

Reactions: kaz321123

kaz321123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol yeah it makes things way easier. Lately I been trying to fit 2 metal slug games on. I had just number 2 now I'm trying to get number 1 on too in the same folder. But the hoe won't sync so I don't think I can haha

With some of my mame games, I actually had to unzip them, and them rezip them for the hackchi folder to accept them. I have no idea why, but it worked for a few of my mame games.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quite a nice collection. Gyruss, I knew a guy who owned an arcade cabinet of that. I loved playing that!

Reactions: kaz321123

kaz321123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant how many games are you putting into folders on the Classic? Have you found a max amount of games you can put into one folder in the GUI?
Max filesize for a folder is 30mb. Anything over that and hackchi won't even let you sync.

I once crammed a bunch of misc roms into the retroarch folder, when I was a newbie, but now I do it the 'proper way' and run shortcuts with command lines (saves space that way also). Killer instinct won't fit, lol, I know that much. :P

Oh, maybe you are asking how many you could fit number wise in a folder (let's say if they were all really tiny and not over 30 mb total). Good question. Probably no limit. Might be worth experimenting with. :P Time to cram 1000 tiny roms into a folder. rofl.

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not true. It is really hit and miss, but I have been using a Power A Wii classic style controller and works great on SNES Genesis and NES games. The analog does not work in game, but does on menus. L1 + R1 do work though.
IMG_20170301_210148579.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here