Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the same thing. I hope this can get resolved. I got Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom working once, but after that was when I was having the issue. I ended up removing it, but would be awesome to complete my collection.
I digged more over the problem: it seems to happen when the 1st part of the upload has a file that makes the size bigger than 40MBs so a part of the file is probably at the end of the 1st uploaded-part while the rest finishes at the beginning of the 2nd uploaded-part (the following 40MBs, form 50 to 80). I hope that @Cluster will find a solution for that because you cannot know exactly which file will be at that position (for what i see games are uploaded in alphabetical order but not sorting game titles but \games folder names !).

Last edited by asper,

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that might be fixed with 2.13 where roms would not be added properly or missing. I could be wrong if this is what that thread on reddit was referring to. I had a similar issue while on 2.12 where I added ddsom for CPS2, @Cluster. I hope this helps.

im not even worried about 2.13.. just going to keep loading it up this way to 270mb to be safe

have fun !!! :P

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I digged more over the problem: it seems to happen when the 1st part of the upload has a file that makes the size bigger than 40MBs so a part of the file is probably at the end of the 1st uploaded-part while the rest finishes at the beginning of the 2nd uploaded-part (the following 40MBs, form 50 to 80). I hope that @Cluster will find a solution for that because you cannot know exactly which file will be at that position.
Doesn't matter what part of the upload has it tho. At any time if it does that then same thing happens. Mine was doing that on the 6th sequence. It's surprising that it allows this to happen. With cluster making it send in chunks it should recognize better when to start the next chunk of games. And if the next file isn't gonna fit then it starts next sequence to fit it.

kcsims

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which issue are you talking about?

It's possible to write a shell script to automatically fix all .desktop files with .fds ROMs inside or to modify retroarch-clover script to run all NES games on default RetroArch emulator, and use kachikachi for FDS games.

Could you elaborate on this or just point me in the right direction for details?

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter what part of the upload has it tho. At any time if it does that then same thing happens. Mine was doing that on the 6th sequence. It's surprising that it allows this to happen. With cluster making it send in chunks it should recognize better when to start the next chunk of games. And if the next file isn't gonna fit then it starts next sequence to fit it.
Probably you are right, i always got the problem between 1st and 2nd part, so you need to be lucky to avoid it if you have big files and lot of upload sessions ! Probably with small files (like NES, FDS) this is rare or maybe there is a code bug somewhere that triggers in only in certain circumstances.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably you are right, i always got the problem between 1st and 2nd part, so you need to be lucky to avoid it if you have big files and lot of upload sessions ! Probably with small files (like NES, FDS) this is rare or maybe there is a code bug somewhere that triggers in only in certain circumstances.
If cluster can alternate it to where it can recognize if the file won't fit and it would just start another sequence then that would be sweeeeet and would solve the problem.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If cluster can alternate it to where it can recognize if the file won't fit and it would just start another sequence then that would be sweeeeet and would solve the problem.
If the problem is that; mine is only a speculation based on my evdidences but the real cause can be another one.

Al-hwj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, thanks for the last update.
Just one question when I add a new game the command line look like this for exemple : .../CLV-G-JNDEA/Aladdin.md.7z
Does the ".md" will mess with save state ? because I had this problem with a point in the rom name.

saxman717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there really is no way to compress NES files without manually replacing every single game file in the individual folders within the "games" folder with a compressed file? I tried double-zipped files but they could not be read by retroarch within the NES Classic.

EleonoraYumizuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The new hakchi 2.13 doesnt seem to work for me, I'm trying to sync 198 games compressed with hakchi2 (NES/SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, SMS/Genesis, for a total of 114MB) and the red light stays on after transfering the first part of ROMs.

Anyone else having the same problem as me?

Anyone? I tried again without using the game compression that comes with hackchi2 2.13 and it works.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey so how do i update from 2.12 to 2.13 ? I move my dump folder,config + games folder into 2.13? then what do i do, update mods?

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there really is no way to compress NES files without manually replacing every single game file in the individual folders within the "games" folder with a compressed file? I tried double-zipped files but they could not be read by retroarch within the NES Classic.
Actually no way, you need to 7zip each single file and modify the .desktop file according to the renamed .7z.

I had the same problem. Red light would stay on after first "Too many roms" message.
@Cluster should be investigating it; unfortunately this is a very nasty bug.

stojan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Guys, how do i achieve the simple and gentle scanlines effect in retroarch run games, like for nes with native NES mini emulator and command line --enable-crt-scanlines? Load shader crt (which file, there a 2 with different file type, glspl and glsp, what is the difference?) in retroarch-clover settings menu?

Last edited by stojan,

saxman717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no way, you need to 7zip each single file and modify the .desktop file according to the renamed .7z.

Yikes ---- guess I will need to deal with uncompressed NES files for now and take the 35-40 MB hit to storage. It would be way too painful to hand replace all files and hand modify every single .desktop file (especially for 280 games, which is what I'm looking at!!!)

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes ---- guess I will need to deal with uncompressed NES files for now and take the 35-40 MB hit to storage. It would be way too painful to hand replace all files and hand modify every single .desktop file (especially for 280 games, which is what I'm looking at!!!)
I start to think that the problem is dued to 7zipped files and not "splitting"... dunno why but if you do not upload 7zipped files the problem seems to vanish... maybe permission problems in the same way it happened at the very beginning of hakchi history ?I am sure @Cluster will illuminate us ! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone? I tried again without using the game compression that comes with hackchi2 2.13 and it works.
Maybe you got the problem man ! 7z ! Let's see what devs will say about that.

Last edited by asper,

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ok. So this is super weird. I configure 2.13, do some minor changes (Folder Management images etc.) I go to sync. Acts like normal. After first batch is done, message "Too many roms" comes up. Normal as per what I've seen in the past. Red light does not go out, but the "sound" that is made when you plug a USB device into the computer goes off. So I say, let's try something. I click "ok." I then press the power button on the NES and the light goes out. I hit reset, press power, and let go of reset button. Begins syncing again. I do this 3 more times until the sync is complete.

Edit: I did have the 'compress games, if necessary' checked in the settings.

After it is done, I power on the NES and it has the build I had on it last with 2.12. No new changes to any of the folder work I did etc. All games play and save like I hadn't done anything.

WEIRD.

Wondering what is happening.

Last edited by DR1001,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1