Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok--should I add the n to snes9x2005 then too (nsnes9x2005_libretro.so)? Many thanks for your help
You dont add the n to either of those. Snes is one bin. Nsnes is your other bin. For example in bin called snes You originally had snes9x2010. Now copy that snes and paste it back in the folder. It will then say snes copy. Change the name of that to nsnes. And click into it and In note pad change snes9x2010 to snes9x2005 . Then just remember what core is in snes and what core is in nsnes and the open hackchi and pick a snes game and look at the right in the command argument you will see it says snes. So if you have 2010 in snes bin then it will use that core. If you didn't want it to do that core then change snes in the command To nsnes and it will use that core instead

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you need to copy and replace the existing one, then reinstall it because it was updated.

Ok so I went ahead and put all of the hmod files from cores and extra cores into user_mods..thing is retroarch.hmod file I cant seem to find it..when I did the original install I took the retroarch-folder-master, went to the retroarch.hmod folder and put the whole thing into user_mods and then went to modules, and retroarch appeared in that list..so not sure I should just overwrite the entire retroarch.hmod folder because I cant find that retroarch.hmod file

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was my choice, but somehow those games are outside the sub folders while the other 24 original games stay inside.
Just choose custom folder every time under settings in hackchi. It gives you a lot better access then you can fix those problems. When it automatically does it, it messes up. There is glitches. I made a nes folder and for the love of god it wouldn't let me put the N folder in it. It let me do every other one but N. so I had to make a new N folder and move the games in to that one and then move that into my nes folder and delete the only N folder. And when you add new games they go in a unsorted folder that you you need to move to the folder you want and then delete the unsorted folder

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Ok so I went ahead and put all of the hmod files from cores and extra cores into user_mods..thing is retroarch.hmod file I cant seem to find it..when I did the original install I took the retroarch-folder-master, went to the retroarch.hmod folder and put the whole thing into user_mods and then went to modules, and retroarch appeared in that list..so not sure I should just overwrite the entire retroarch.hmod folder because I cant find that retroarch.hmod file

Okay, let's do it the other way. First, remove everything in user_mods folder except music_hack.hmod,
Download and unpack release.zip from the GitHub, copy retroarch.hmod to user_mods. Copy everything inside cores directory to user_mods. Repeat the process for the extra_cores directory.

Reactions: herm4n

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's for the save states they don't work. the setting I gave you will allow you to save in game as if you had a memory card
That's what I figured I don't have special settings and my In game saves work just like cartridges for snes genesis and gba. Don't have n64 on there tho. I do remember they required memory cards tho. you can save through retro as well if the GUI 4 save system doesn't work.

Last edited by youngtune27,

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, let's do it the other way. First, remove everything in user_mods folder except music_hack.hmod,
Download and unpack release.zip from the GitHub, copy retroarch.hmod to user_mods. Copy everything inside cores directory to user_mods. Repeat the process for the extra_cores directory.

Ok did it..put EVERYTHING from cores, extra cores, and of course the retroarch.hmod file into the user_mods directory..now what do I do when I open up Hakchi? I put all the files in even though I probably wont be using them all but doesnt matter good to have anyway

ArcNoculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus you can save through retro as well if the GUI 4 save system doesn't work.

So far this has not worked for me. As soon as you exit out of a game, you can't bring back the save states as far as I can tell. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I will try the config settings in awhile, don't feel like reflashing everything right now. I'm having one more issue though. The analog stick on my Wii Classic Pro... When I'm playing Mario 64 for example, and I'm tilting it up down left or right, Mario runs. If I begin to tilt it in any diagonal direction, he slows to a walk. This is very noticeable and annoying, and I see the same thing in Majora's Mask now too. I've tried looking in the RA interface under Controls but don't really see where diagonal analog stick is defined. Any insight into this one? Anyone?

XXwillisXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's what I figured I don't have special settings and my In game saves work just like cartridges for snes genesis and gba. Don't have n64 on there tho. I do remember they required memory cards tho. you can save through retro as well if the GUI 4 save system doesn't work.

the setting is good for some games that need a memory card to save

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far this has not worked for me. As soon as you exit out of a game, you can't bring back the save states as far as I can tell. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I will try the config settings in awhile, don't feel like reflashing everything right now. I'm having one more issue though. The analog stick on my Wii Classic Pro... When I'm playing Mario 64 for example, and I'm tilting it up down left or right, Mario runs. If I begin to tilt it in any diagonal direction, he slows to a walk. This is very noticeable and annoying, and I see the same thing in Majora's Mask now too. I've tried looking in the RA interface under Controls but don't really see where diagonal analog stick is defined. Any insight into this one? Anyone?
Start a game that uses retro let it go for a little then Hold R L start and select. Then it brings retro menu up. Click quick menu. Change save slots to 1 and then click save state. Then exit out of game. Load game back up again. Bring retro menu back up click quick menu and go down and click load state :) works like a charm

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Ok did it..put EVERYTHING from cores, extra cores, and of course the retroarch.hmod file into the user_mods directory..now what do I do when I open up Hakchi? I put all the files in even though I probably wont be using them all but doesnt matter good to have anyway

Start Hakchi 2, click Modules —> Install modules and select the ones you need, click "OK" and follow the instructions

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start Hakchi 2, click Modules —> Install modules and select the ones you need, click "OK" and follow the instructions

Not sure which ones I Need though..obviously retroarch because I think that is needed for everything..I have NES games, SNES, N64 and soon to have Sega Genesis games

TokyoMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Read the instructions, please. There's a list of cores with the systems they emulate

You said there are a lot of fixes and shell optimizations. I installed almost all of your cores. Should I uninstall it all and install all of the new stuff from your current release?

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install snes9x2005.hmod, then change "/bin/snes" in command line arguments of the game you need to run with SNES9x2005 to "/bin/snes05"

@pcm720
I am using djovelha's nosmooth-retroarch file, but I would like to add the snes9x2005 core to use for a couple games only (the rest will stay on default snes9x2010 core). Can I simply take that one module you have created for snes9x2005, put it in the user_mods folder, and install it through hakchi2 on top of my current setup? (Then obviously change the command line arguments for those few games I want to utilize that core)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...