Hacking HackMii Installer v0.7

agentm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hdhacker said:
I have a problem with the new BootMii. I set the bootmii.ini file to have a delay of 0, but this leaves the Wii in a seemingly frozen state on boot up. The workaround was to set it to 1. Is this a known issue?

It's a known issue; at least two others have reported this in this topic. For now, using a time delay of 0 in the config file doesn't seem to work. XFlak's suggestion of renaming the Bootmii folder on your SD card is the cleanest workaround I've heard about.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
hdhacker said:
I have a problem with the new BootMii. I set the bootmii.ini file to have a delay of 0, but this leaves the Wii in a seemingly frozen state on boot up. The workaround was to set it to 1. Is this a known issue?
thats a dumb workaround, how about naming the "bootmii" folder something else, like "~bootmii"

There's a program that modifies the bootmii.ini from the HBC, so all you'd need to do to reactivate it is change the timeout. No need to get a computer involved or rename anything.

That been said, this appears to be a bug.

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
agentm said:
hdhacker said:

It's a known issue; at least two others have reported this in this topic. For now, using a time delay of 0 in the config file doesn't seem to work. XFlak's suggestion of renaming the Bootmii folder on your SD card is the cleanest workaround I've heard about.

Had the same problem here, my wii was dead until i removed the sdcard and noticed how it booted, priiloader didnt boot either.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hdhacker said:
XFlak said:
hdhacker said:
thats a dumb workaround, how about naming the "bootmii" folder something else, like "~bootmii"

There's a program that modifies the bootmii.ini from the HBC, so all you'd need to do to reactivate it is change the timeout. No need to get a computer involved or rename anything.

That been said, this appears to be a bug.
Yes, but changing the timeout clearly doesn't work. I advise using BootMii Switcher to enable/disable BootMii from on the Wii, a far better solution to the problem.

EDIT: Link to BootMiiSwitch: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171094

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
One more quick question. I know i'm being stupid here, i've just forgotten.

Can I boot the Hackmii installer from the HBC or do i use Bannerbomb?

Nevermind, I can't read.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What's the diference between install bootmii as IOS, and install it as boot2?
I still can do NAND backups only with bootmii IOS, or I need boot2 too?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OriginalHamster said:
What's the diference between install bootmii as IOS, and install it as boot2?
I still can do NAND backups only with bootmii IOS, or I need boot2 too?
The boot2 is a boot part of the wii before the sys menu and sys ios. If you have bootmii boot2, you have THE brick protection
rolleyes.gif

The bootmii IOS can do anything what the bootmii boot2 also can do.

TheJorsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've updated the HBC and BootMii, is it ok to update to System menu 4.3 now?
Also, once I do update, will the Configurable USB Loader still work?
I don't remember seeing anything about the update removing the cIOS, so it should still work, right?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TheJorsh said:
Alright, I've updated the HBC and BootMii, is it ok to update to System menu 4.3 now?
Also, once I do update, will the Configurable USB Loader still work?
I don't remember seeing anything about the update removing the cIOS, so it should still work, right?
It would be "OK" to update to 4.3 now, BUT it's not needed. 4.3 has only disadvantages. And when you REALY want to update - use waninkoko's firmware updater 4.3b.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the hbc earlier today but im at a loss does the new hbc use dol of elf files? cause my geckoOS( i think is a .dol) won't boot saying wrong executible type or something similar to that matter

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your geckoOS probably goes too high in mem1
it seems you must stay below the 81330000 memory range that is used for sysmenu/loaders

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the new Homebrew Channel but here is the bug I seem to be experiencing.

I normally have my SD card and a USB flash drive plugged in, both with apps. In 1.0.6, I could easily push 1 on the wiimote and choose my USB drive in the menu, click ok, and it would load those apps just fine. With 1.0.7, that menu exhibits strange behavior. At first, it seems to list the USB drive as an option but then disappears. If I click it fast enough to avoid this and say ok, it tries to reload but then just shows the SD apps again. At this point, trying to shut down to system menu just reloads HBC.

If I load HBC with just the USB drive in, those apps show as they normally would. So, is it safe to say it seems that the problem only happens when you have both SD and USB plugged in?

Thanks, hope someone can test/verify this.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ChokeD said:
Glad it was updated, like the new look, like the black boxes, don't like the font.
Yeah, the new font looks real ugly on my DLP. I made a post about it in the HBC 1.0.7 thread at the Homebrew Section, - you can read it here. I don't know if the ugliness is due to the darker background, the text size, or just inherent to the design of specific characters in the font. I hope a new update addresses the font issue; especially if it's not just my TVs causing it, and gets released when the "0" timing delay bug gets fixed in BootMii and we get another HackMii installer.

Read my other post for the details. I'd like to know if you dislike the font for the same reason, and if anyone else is experiencing the same display issues...

-[]D

capple123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dronesplitter said:
I like the new Homebrew Channel but here is the bug I seem to be experiencing.

I normally have my SD card and a USB flash drive plugged in, both with apps. In 1.0.6, I could easily push 1 on the wiimote and choose my USB drive in the menu, click ok, and it would load those apps just fine. With 1.0.7, that menu exhibits strange behavior. At first, it seems to list the USB drive as an option but then disappears. If I click it fast enough to avoid this and say ok, it tries to reload but then just shows the SD apps again. At this point, trying to shut down to system menu just reloads HBC.

If I load HBC with just the USB drive in, those apps show as they normally would. So, is it safe to say it seems that the problem only happens when you have both SD and USB plugged in?

Thanks, hope someone can test/verify this.
Back on page 12 I had a similar post. With this new release if you have a problem they could easily get over looked so I will reinforce your issue Here was my post
QUOTEJust installed the update..
HBC channel now will not display my Apps on my USB hard drive. Drive is still working as for CFG USB loader is displaying my *.wbfs file from the Fat32 partition.

Update:
I way playing some more Seems that when I try to return to system menu with no SD card in or with an SD card with no apps folder HBC reboots to the apps menu displaying my USB apps

Help anyone?

And I'm sure it here somewhere but Priiloader wont launch HBC is there an update to that as well?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
XFlak said:
daxtsu said:
icebrg5 said:
daxtsu said:
I wonder if they changed something in the way Bootmii dumps nands, since I can't extract my new NAND dump in Windows 7 with Showmiiwads(it just crashes as soon as it starts extracting it).

it worked for me using windows 7 32 bit

I used showmiiwads to extract bootmii dump and then after that i changed the nand backup path to the new folder
that it created called nand extracteda and it loaded it up just fine.

Can't tell what the new ID of the HBC is because its just some symbols.
I'm not sure if the symbols are the new ID or if the new ID is hidden somehow now and the symbols are the cover up.

Guess it's some 64 bit issue if it's not because of the new bootmii.
hate2.gif
I used showmiiwads 64 bit to extract bootmii beta5 (latest one) dump and then after that i changed the nand backup path to the new folder
that it created called nand extracteda and it loaded it up just fine.

I'm just really unlucky then. x64 or x86, it crashes, no matter what.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Well that was awkward.