Hacking HackMii Installer v0.2 RELEASED!

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keyra said:
phillyrider807 said:
keyra said:
QUOTE said:
So still no usb support?? My sd slot is broke so i can't use a sd card. O well. Good release though i'll be sure to pass this along to my friend!
do it like i did, use wiiload from your computer
installed everything on the fly
just you can't backup your nand

What other purpose is there for bootmi besides backup your nand?

you can at least install the latest hbc + dvdx

Lol i already did that. I want to use bootmii so i can safeproof my wii but as of now since my sd slot on my wii is broke i can only hope for usb support in future versions!

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
gillist419 said:
Umm I'm having a problem. When trying to run the installer it's hanging at the "This software must not be sold, neither alone nor as part of a bundle.......press 1 to continue" screen. My wiimote lights turn off and won't re sync.
I've tried a couple of different sd and sdhc cards. I've got a couple of others around that I can try. Anyone know what my problem is?

Also want to add the first installer worked without a problem. I'm still on hbc v.1.01. Has anyone installed this hackmii v2 with hbc v.1.01?

Edit: Still having the problem after trying many different sd cards and reformatting them as well. Anybody have links for hbc v. 1.01 and v.1.02 and even v.1.03?

Using cioscorp files? Install IOS36-v1042.wad (As a normal install using CFM or wad manager) and try again..

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you run HackMii from the sd card and what files do I need for it work.Do I need to put bootmi and hbc on the sd card also? I softmod my wii and works great. I want to install bootmii for protection.

Sorry for the stupid question, but all this stuff is new to and sometimes confusing.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
onneeye said:
How do you run HackMii from the sd card and what files do I need for it work.Do I need to put bootmi and hbc on the sd card also? I softmod my wii and works great. I want to install bootmii for protection.

Sorry for the stupid question, but all this stuff is new to and sometimes confusing.

The hackmii installer on the bootmii site linked in the OP has everything you need. Just download that and rename the installer.elf file to boot.elf or boot.dol and run it through your current homebrew channel. The installer will then have options to install bootmii, the new HBC, and dvdx individually. It should be pretty self explanatory once you run the installer. Just grab the download off bootmii.org

wiiwax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed this without any issues. Was wondering if anyone can confirm the following issue/bug after this beta2 install with the Homebrew BROWSER:

1. After beta2 install successfully reads 8gb SDHC HBC+apps
2. Launcher HB Browser, it initializes the network, but says it's unable to load the FAT subsystem on the SD card.
3. Returns to HBC all apps are gone, but a reboot of the Wii or re-inserting the SDHC card remedied the issue with the applications save Homebrew Browser (still fuxed).

Alvana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virgin LU64 on 4.0 w/ Bannerbomb doesn't load the installer at all (just freezes), also tried to load it with LoadMii and TCPLoader without success (loading section .text.0 @ 0x80004000 (0x00164a60 bytes) then does nothing, any ideas?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Alvana said:
Virgin LU64 on 4.0 w/ Bannerbomb doesn't load the installer at all (just freezes), also tried to load it with LoadMii and TCPLoader without success (loading section .text.0 @ 0x80004000 (0x00164a60 bytes) then does nothing, any ideas?

Did you try different versions of Bannerbomb ?

SaneinOne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
berryaddicted.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alvana said:

Did you rename the "installer.elf" file to "boot.dol"?

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Well the installer turns off my Wiimote, Wad Manager doesn't want to install or uninstall IOS36 error 1 and 106, and IOS downgrader only installs IOS12
laugh.gif
this most be some message from God..!!

Chemodile said:
wolffangalchemist said:
Chemodile said:
wolffangalchemist said:
i think you mean, if your not running cioscorp use ios downgrader then install bootmii.
Nope, I'm using CIOSCORP and that's how I did it. I suppose you could just install an unmodified IOS36 instead of running downgrader, but downgrader is easier as long as your wii has a wifi connection.
bujt isf you use ios downgrader doesn't that write over the cioscorp install?
i'm pretty sure it does you should check for 001 and 002 errors or if games that don't use ios36 run on loading from your disc channel.
Which games should I try to test this? So far Animal Crossing, Bash Party, Mad World (no 002 error) and Punchout all boot and play just fine from the disc channel.

What he means is that if you used IOS downgrader and it installed the entire batch of IOSes, then all of your CIOScorp is gone, now all of they are normal IOSes...!!
I understand that, but it doesn't appear to be accurate since I'm still able to load backups from the disc channel without any problems. I'm not sure which IOSes belonging to CIOSCORP were overwritten by IOS Downgrader, but apparently cIOS36 is all that needs to be reinstalled to restore proper disc channel functionality.

Alvana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaneinOne said:
Alvana said:

Yes and all it shows is a blank screen, it's not loading at all. I've also tried renaming it to boot.elf a couple of hours ago and it was not working either.

SaneinOne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
berryaddicted.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alvana said:
SaneinOne said:
Alvana said:

Yes and all it shows is a blank screen, it's not loading at all. I've also tried renaming it to boot.elf a couple of hours ago and it was not working either.

Would the LU64 fix help in this situation? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152406 I'm really new to the scene, just trying to help!

Alvana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaneinOne said:
Alvana said:
SaneinOne said:
Alvana said:

Would the LU64 fix help in this situation? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152406 I'm really new to the scene, just trying to help!

I appreciate it, unfortunately the lu64fix only works for 3.4 and i'm already updated to 4.0 (I still tried to install it over my 4.0 and it wasn't working). I'm not having any problems at all running other homebrews though. I also want to mention that the beta 1 was loading but was having the boot2v4 restart problem supposedly fixed in beta 2.

576ZR673tf

Updated from beta1. Launch is indeed faster. Discovered the autoboot feature and am happy with it. (Just take care to add an extra blank line in the end of the .ini file.) Did not test the NAND backup yet to see if it's faster, but I trust the other members
smile.gif

You can go without fear guys !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ