Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

tomharrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi everybody !
i'm in a bad situation here . a little help please .

i've bought a second hand WiiU and figured that is a PAL wiiU .
i've turned it on and the firmware is 1.1E
i've tried to do a SmashStack on the Wii Mode but it says : A Update is necessary ... and i know this update is 5.1.1 and i don't want to do that .
is there anyway so i can free my wii Mode and use it ?

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hi everybody !
i'm in a bad situation here . a little help please .

i've bought a second hand WiiU and figured that is a PAL wiiU .
i've turned it on and the firmware is 1.1E
i've tried to do a SmashStack on the Wii Mode but it says : A Update is necessary ... and i know this update is 5.1.1 and i don't want to do that .
is there anyway so i can free my wii Mode and use it ?

Sorry, it's no possible :(, since the updates add the Wii backward compatibility, I recommend you using the Mario Kart 8 disc, update with that disc (but disconnect the internet before that) , this will update you to 4.1.0, that will have the first exploit, and the ppc exploit too, I don't know if this PPC exploit works in 5.0.0 or 5.1.0, but I know the user interface exploit it does work.
Talking about that... the post needs to be updated, it says only 4.1.0 support when 5.0.0 and 5.1.0 are working!

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, I bought some eShop credit and was gonna go to the eShop to download Earthbound. But f*cking Nintendo want me to update yet AGAIN - 5.1.2 just released. The fact that there's nothing specific in the update features and the fact that it's very soon after the last one makes me think that maybe there's something exploitable in the last update. I don't think that it's worth updating to get Earthbound. Their loss, they won't be getting my money. What does everyone think?

If Nintendo let us run homebrew, we wouldn't have this problem - I have no interest in ROMs, but they feel the overzealous need to region-lock everything and allow NO coding at all, it sucks a fat one.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I bought some eShop credit and was gonna go to the eShop to download Earthbound. But f*cking Nintendo want me to update yet AGAIN - 5.1.2 just released. The fact that there's nothing specific in the update features and the fact that it's very soon after the last one makes me think that maybe there's something exploitable in the last update. I don't think that it's worth updating to get Earthbound. Their loss, they won't be getting my money. What does everyone think?

If Nintendo let us run homebrew, we wouldn't have this problem - I have no interest in ROMs, but they feel the overzealous need to region-lock everything and allow NO coding at all, it sucks a fat one.

Dude.

https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/

Nintendo has hands fucking down the BEST Indie development program bar the freaking PC.

Free Unity, Free Signup, Free Certification, Self-Publishing on the eShop, no prior experience required. all you have to buy is the Devkit, and even THAT is discounted!

Also: You already bought the eShop Credit. They HAVE your money already. :P

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So.
Any news on the hacking front yet that deserves an OP update?

I hear the 3DS peeps are close to a portable HBC!

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude.

https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/

Nintendo has hands fucking down the BEST Indie development program bar the freaking PC.

Free Unity, Free Signup, Free Certification, Self-Publishing on the eShop, no prior experience required. all you have to buy is the Devkit, and even THAT is discounted!
Well what we you waiting for then? Someone, make an Ocarina equivalent for Wii U?

(Won't happen)

Also: You already bought the eShop Credit. They HAVE your money already. :P
I know... but they don't know that. : (

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK all, I want to get Earthbound and Shovel Knight (Wii U version is apparently has more going for it than than 3DS bar streetpass which I don't use).

So, I can't use eShop unless I update to 5.1.2.

The question is: what theoretical risk do I run if I update? If I install this exploit that's floating around prior to updating, could this save me potential problems down the line if a Homebrew Channel or some similar method of user-friendly hacking comes up?

Or should I just forget getting games in the meantime and hold out with my menu version 5.1.1 without updating? The fact that update 5.1.2 came out so soon after 5.1.1 without any specific benefits to Wii U users has me wondering if there's something that can be exploited in 5.1.1...

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK all, I want to get Earthbound and Shovel Knight (Wii U version is apparently has more going for it than than 3DS bar streetpass which I don't use).

So, I can't use eShop unless I update to 5.1.2.

The question is: what theoretical risk do I run if I update? If I install this exploit that's floating around prior to updating, could this save me potential problems down the line if a Homebrew Channel or some similar method of user-friendly hacking comes up?

Or should I just forget getting games in the meantime and hold out with my menu version 5.1.1 without updating? The fact that update 5.1.2 came out so soon after 5.1.1 without any specific benefits to Wii U users has me wondering if there's something that can be exploited in 5.1.1...

if your already on 5.1.1 i would update to 5.1.2 because as there is no further exploit document released they have no vulnerabilities to patch

Reactions: SG

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What if the reason for the patch is a vulnerability which they initially overlooked? I'm just being Devil's Advocate here, I'm not quizzing your knowledge or anything.

It just seems suspicious that they release another update only 14 days after the last one, the improvements of which are limited to:
Improvements to system stability and usability
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if the reason for the patch is a vulnerability which they initially overlooked? I'm just being Devil's Advocate here, I'm not quizzing your knowledge or anything.

It just seems suspicious that they release another update only 14 days after the last one, the improvements of which are limited to:

its most likely an update for the newer games coming out soon such as hyrule warriors

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Ryanrocks462
D

Deleted User

Only non-SDHC cards work for homebrewing vWii , right ?
So this card should work ?
Xy0mk4sI.png

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So as it is, is it possible to run anything on Wii U that is not possible on Wii, such as Wii U games purchaseable from the eShop? Because I have Wii and it's softmodded but I don't know if I want to mess with my Wii U if I can't play any '' backup '' games/eshop games on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt