Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

Bjerlk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have big troubles to even be able to get homebrewchannel in. Have tried countless of sd cards, mini adapters 2 gig, 256meg etc etc. And I allways get DSI error as the channel is supposed to install. Format fat16, 32 xfat etc etc. Nothing helps, All those sdcards worked flawlessly on the regular wii, but now nothing works.

Are on newest EU firmware and using indiana pwns. I get into the hackmii but as installing HBC it fails every time and that is with 1,2 version of hackmii. Wonder if 1,1 works better? Havent been able to find that though...

Anyone have any thoughts?

da_nikon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I am trying to hack the vWii using Bathaxx but when i transfer the files on to SD card i cant see the save game files in vWii menu. I tried 2 SD cards both formatted on FAT or FAT32. (256mb and 1gb) What am i doing wrong? :(

EDIT: Problem solved with 3rd SD card LMFO :D

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks a bunch! This really helped. I got a friend from Japan that has just moved to Canada and he has just bought a local Wii U and was wondering if he could play his old Japanese Wii games...

:)
Yes he can. Softmod the vwii and install a usb loader, such as usbloader gx and put the disc in your wii and the program will rip the game to the attached hard drive..... You can get games from all over the world playing on your wii...

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's been a while since I last modded/hacked my origonal wii. I've been out of the loop so just wondering somethings
Some common questions:
1. Are there wiiU roms out there? (not asking where to get them) I've looked in the common places, can't find any so should I assume we haven't been able to rip wiiU games yet?
2. Can we currently run wiiU roms?
a. on a external hard drive
b. on the onboard memory
c. on an SD card?
3. I want to play games on every older Nintendo system' possible (64, Snes, GBA, etc). Can I assume I can play 99% of all these games on it with out a problem?
a. can I store them classic roms: onboard memory, SD, external hard drive?
4. the primary reason I am interested in using a wiiU is to make use of its "tablet controller" thus, Can I use the tablet controller to do everything I've mentioned while hacked?

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ya I did read around, I am looking for updated confirmation, some of the terms I dont understand in the way they are stated in the first post so asked questions in terms I do understand.
Grow up children, when an adult asks a polite clear question give him a polite answer or none at all. Seriously grow up, learn some manners.

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's been a while since I last modded/hacked my origonal wii. I've been out of the loop so just wondering somethings
Some common questions:
1. Are there wiiU roms out there? (not asking where to get them) I've looked in the common places, can't find any so should I assume we haven't been able to rip wiiU games yet?
2. Can we currently run wiiU roms?
a. on a external hard drive
b. on the onboard memory
c. on an SD card?
3. I want to play games on every older Nintendo system' possible (64, Snes, GBA, etc). Can I assume I can play 99% of all these games on it with out a problem?
a. can I store them classic roms: onboard memory, SD, external hard drive?
4. the primary reason I am interested in using a wiiU is to make use of its "tablet controller" thus, Can I use the tablet controller to do everything I've mentioned while hacked?

1. Yeah, Venom already dumped a WiiU Game,The_Avengers_Battle_for_Earth_PAL_WiiU-VENOM, if ya need the NFO,
.____ / / _ / _ / _ / / /
| // / / / / / // / / _
| / _______/ / // _/ / / // rtx/
| VENOM \ /__________/_____/_____/_________/______/_____/ /art
: /
`-------- / --> Proudly Presents: The Avengers - Battle for Earth (EUR)
/

Publisher.....: Ubisoft Platform......: Nintendo WiiU
Developer.....: Ubisoft Origin........: Europe
Release Date..: May 2013 Size/Format...: *.ISO (WUOD)

-- Release Info -------------------------------------------------------------->

Wow, things are starting to heaten up, eh?

We think a teensy bit of disc image header is cute and courageous.. but
here at VENOM we go for GOLD!

Today we give you the first full WiiU disc image! Nothing more to add, enjoy.

For the curious tinkerers, if you EVENTUALLY want to play this disc image
by whatever means, you will probably need this AES key:

->> 027c9557648a1a999aa7848319bb5ef2 <<-

P.S. Where are the sleeping giants who broke this console back in december? -- Greetings -------------------------------------------------------------->

. LEGACY . CAPITAL . RISING SUN . DUAL CREW SHINING . ECHELON . MODE7 .
.KALISTO . MENACE . TRIFORCE . JESUS . SUXXORS . F4CG .
. COMPLEX . DUPLEX . MONEY . ESPRiT iSO .
__
------------------------------------ / ----------------------------------->

"The Playmakers"

2. No, not yet, the WiikeyU had been announced, but it needs some time to get completet, ready, produced etc pp

3. Since you cant play Homebrew in WiiU mode, u can only use Wii mode homebrew, so, snes and gba shouldnt be a problem, but dunno how good the N64 emulator on Wii is :/
a) SD Card and hard drive should work

4. Since WiiU Mode isnt hacked yet (publicly), and you cant use the WiiU pad in Wii Mode, no =)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Grow up children, when an adult asks a polite clear question give him a polite answer or none at all. Seriously grow up, learn some manners.
Sorry if i offended people, one part of my comment was meant as a contra sarcastic comment against Ninja_Carver..
But i think i am indeed grown up, and my opinion is still not changed, people in general seem to want the easy way instead of doing some research.
And if you have been on this forum as long as i have been and have seen the same questions asked over and over again, it is sometimes hard to keeping it serious. And to add to it, that was all i was doing, making a bit of fun, i didn't see anything really bad in it.
So, again, Edwii, sorry if i said something to upset you.

That said.. i am really surprised that the comments here were removed...i see this happen all over the forum...and no action is taken in most cases, i really wonder what you can say and what you can't, is there a new policy i missed?

Ok, nuf said... time to leave this to rest and let you guys/gals back on topic again.
(this will prolly be removed now too, but i had to say it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.