Hacking question

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Xuang, Sep 30, 2011.

Sep 30, 2011

Hacking question by Xuang at 9:03 PM (434 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Xuang
    OP

Member Xuang Professional

United States
    Okay so first things first I have a psp-1000 and it's hacked to 5.50 prome but I did something stupid and now it's not working properly. Now I'm about to buy a psp-3000 and it's firmware could be the highest one; my question is can I hack it?

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Every PSP on all firmwares ATM can be downgraded to 6.20 and have a perm-patch CFW (not exactly full CFW, but pretty close), or have a temporary CFW on 6.39 (needs to be re-enabled on each boot). You can use PRO-CFW in either case. On 6.39, you can also use 6.39 ME LCFW. Pretty sure this is all covered in teh stickys in this forum.

EDIT: Forgot about 6.60 update. I think you can still downgrade from 6.60 (using: http://lolhax.org/2011/09/01/chronoswitch-...d-09g-support/), and you can definitely use temp CFW on 6.60, PRO or ME LCFW.

3. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Every single psp of every single firmware is currently hackable. Any firmware over 6.20 aren't permanent, but instead, their loaded by booting a homebrew (just takes a few seconds to load; not a big difference from permanent IMO). The only permanent firmware that works on patched psp 2000s, psp3000, and psp Go's is 6.20 PRO or 6.20 TN (PRO is recommended because it's still supported and in active development).

For specific and detailed procedures to hack, look at this thread.

4. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Yes all psp-3000 are hackable but newer model can only have a lcfw unless you heavily patch it which have some side effect & is not really recommended for now .

As for your psp-1000 no matter how fucked up it is a pandora battery can fix it but if you already got ride of it then ignore this part.

5. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

I would recommend a PSP Go assuming it fits comfortably in your hands (I suggest you try one and see) as all of those can be downgraded to 6.20 and have 16GB built in. The ability to use a PS3 controller (requires a Windows PC with the ability to install unsigned drivers or a PS3) is a nice addition too.