Hacking or hombrew groups for an aspiring coder to join?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LinkReincarnate, Jun 10, 2011.

1. LinkReincarnate
    OP

Newcomer LinkReincarnate Member

United States
    Are any of these groups welcoming to newcomers? I am going to college for a CS degree and I'd like to get my hands dirty so to speak. I know how to code in a few languages (c++, java, visual basic [kinda doesn't count], a little python) I also have a few games mostly done that I'd like to port and run on the ds. I've look through some of the homebrew documentation and it is a little hairy. I dont have any real world coding experience yet (just classes) so I'd be looking for someone to help me wade through it and tolerate my questions till I get the ball rolling.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    This forum in general would likely be willing to help you with various issues. There's a lot of people here who really know their shit (not even specifically with DS coding).

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Any "hacking groups" (e.g. Team Twiizers or whatever) wouldn't just let you join, you'd need to do something pretty good and then they'd probably ask you I think. But if you hang around on the right IRC channels (depends on what you want to hack, I don't know of any for DS), they'll help you out a lot etc.