Hardware Hacking NFC chip on Amiibos

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pissed off about not being able to buy the Amiibos I want to use in Smash Bros. because of limited availability and money-hungry scalpers.

Is it possible to hack or reprogram/replace the rfid chip on Amiibos? Or how about cloning the unique character data on the rfid chips from Amiibos and making our own rfid chips to use?

I found this link but haven't read through it fully.

http://www.developer.com/net/article.php/3628811/RFID-Programming-Made-Simple-and-Cheap.htm

Reactions: Margen67

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The unreleased amiibo in smash thing was do from an emulated gamepad afaik. Doesn't have anything to do with real amiibos.
The chip used on it isn't hacked (unlike some other cheap ones). Unless you have the keys you won't be able to read/write it.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
At this point, I wouldn't be bothered too much. Their use in games is relatively small and all you get is Nintendo under your tail if you release something like that.
I still hope there will be something available once Nintendo has ceased making those NFC chips so that content can be accessed without spending crazy amount of money on ebay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte