ROM Hack Hacking gyakuten kenji, translation hack help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeleeMaster500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came up with some idea that I could possibly change the script of the game so that the text was translated into english, at least to the degree of basic computer automated translating. Why? because I'm impatient, determined and could probably make due with simple translation.

As I have researched, I have come the conclusion (I believe) that this could be done in previous games in the series by extracting the rom into it's different bin files and opening "mes_all.bin" with an editor program (eg. pwse 0.2).

I have ripped open the rom of gyakuten kenji and have discovered the following file structure:

dtb.bin - 52kb
hmm.bin - 2kb
mdc.bin - 12kb
phn.bin - 0b
romfile.bin - 35,248kb
sound_data.sdat - 9,457kb
(sound files)
str.bin - 1kb
tree.bin - 3kb

no mes_all.bin to be seen, but i assumed that it might be contained in romfile.bin perhaps.

I need a way to extract the script into a changeable format.

so if someone has experience or an idea of how to edit this game's script, please post

auREAX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4hmmzozzmra

See if you can do something with it.
wink.gif

MeleeMaster500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well... it looks like the previous method of pw script editing used dsbuff (or something else) to extract the files from the rom of an ace attorney game, and then using pwse to extract mes_all to the bin script files (and then converting those to editable txt files), and finally recompiling it after editing seems to work. I've tried the pwse method to extract bins from romfile.bin, and got 627 "script" files, just like that script-499 file posted. when i convert these to txt (a few sampling of them) i receive it in the form of a DEC file, supposedly open-able with a text editor. well it doesn't seem to have any data in it.

the convert bin to txt is supposed to change it directly into txt, and when i exit the program i receive an message that some error occurred, probably for that process. the dec file had 0b of data so yeah...

the bin "script" files are arranged in order of size, 1 being 17kb and 626 being 12,714kb (with 627 having the remaining data)

so these files might not be in the same format as the other ace attorney games, especially considering it being a different game engine...

so either i have an error, and it would work, should i fix it. or the data requires another method for it to be editable...

are there any other programs that could extract the bin?

auREAX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeleeMaster500 said:
well... it looks like the previous method of pw script editing used dsbuff (or something else) to extract the files from the rom of an ace attorney game, and then using pwse to extract mes_all to the bin script files (and then converting those to editable txt files), and finally recompiling it after editing seems to work. I've tried the pwse method to extract bins from romfile.bin, and got 627 "script" files, just like that script-499 file posted. when i convert these to txt (a few sampling of them) i receive it in the form of a DEC file, supposedly open-able with a text editor. well it doesn't seem to have any data in it.

the convert bin to txt is supposed to change it directly into txt, and when i exit the program i receive an message that some error occurred, probably for that process. the dec file had 0b of data so yeah...

the bin "script" files are arranged in order of size, 1 being 17kb and 626 being 12,714kb (with 627 having the remaining data)

so these files might not be in the same format as the other ace attorney games, especially considering it being a different game engine...

so either i have an error, and it would work, should i fix it. or the data requires another method for it to be editable...

are there any other programs that could extract the bin?

Try a hexeditor to open the bin file. See what's inside, inspect the format etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."