ROM Hack Hacking DS Palettes

Flamemonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm trying to hack Castlevania OoE, and I'm wondering, how would I go about changing a palette for a sprite. Like, specifically, the Werebat Transformation's palette? Because she looks REALLY weird with green skin.

I'm just wondering if it's possible/we know how. If not, that's cool, but hey. It'd be awesome if I could figure this out for DS games. I'm able to edit the palettes in GBA games fairly easily, but since I can't find an emulator capable of working/giving me an OAM/Palette viewer (Like VBA), it's proven very hard.

Flamemonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that...
1.) Crystaltile2 is in Chinese, and I can't even find a currently working link to it/lng pack...
2.) It sounds like I'd need to know what the palette that the sprite is using beforehand, which is the part I'm having trouble with (If I had an OAM viewer in an emulator that worked with Castlevania, then most of this problem would already be solved...Does anyone know of one? If it doesn't work with Castlevania, or doesn't have BOTH an OAM/Palette viewer, then it's relatively useless for me...)

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. I've made an english language file. Ask noitora, he should still have it.

2. No, you don't need to know it beforehand. Just test one, and if it doesn't work, then try another one.
Most of the times, the palettes in NDS files are all separate or INSIDE the graphic file, so it won't be much of a problem trying to find it.

just looking in the ROM, all the files are data files.
None of the files are obviously graphics, so you should look into each files that might be graphic related.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.