Amfm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey dudes i was gonna hack my wii

but i need to know some stuff first like can i gat virtual console games on a hacked wii? how? also my wii is pal if it matters

also how do i hack it? do i have to downgrade i'm at 4.01 i think so what do i do to hack it?

edit: can i for example hack the wii and get 3 wads in there and then un-hack it? will the installed wads (virtual console games) work after i un-hack it (if thats possible please tell me how

Amfm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
READ THE GODDAMN STICKIES

i hate ppl like you

you could just help or just dont say anything

i didnt need your caps lock shout

jeez

i just want some1 to help me with what i asked pretty please i need a teacher not a notebook

and i did look at them but i still had those questions in mind... i didnt see anything about un hacking and if i could un-hack would the wads still be there?

and i would still for some kind soul to tell me all i need to know from the things i asked on this thread

thank you

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890&st=0

Just read that yes read it and you will understand.
I hack my Wii in 4 mins, was playing backups in 8.

Btw stop being lazy, and second yes the stuff you purchased on the store will always work on your Wii.
You will also be able to install hack wiiware if you choose to pirate them.
Also no you will not be able to play pirated wiiware games if you "unhack" it.

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the second page there is a brand new, excellent, and just recently created guide.

And ya know, you are the one asking for help for free from people who do this solely to help others. Maybe you should check your attitude and sense of entitlement at the door and do some actual research since all your questions are easily answerable if you had put a modicum of effort into it. That's how all of us that know how to hack the Wii got where we are. And that's how the guy that wrote the great guide I linked to was able to do so.

And so this post isn't a total wast let me answer:

VC games: what type hacked? retail shop? Regardless, yes for both.
How to hack: read the guides. If you have problems post in that thread. The main problem with this board is every kid comes in thinking that they are the first person ever to want to hack their wii, makes their own thread and essentially asks "how can I do it?"

The edit: why would you "unhack" your wii in the first place after spending the time to do so and using up everyone's time that is responding to your thread? And the answer to your question is probably not
since your question is essentially, "Can I do stuff to make "backups" work, then remove the stuff that would make "backups" work, and would they still work?"

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amfm said:
TRushInfo said:
READ THE GODDAMN STICKIES

i hate ppl like you

you could just help or just dont say anything

i didnt need your caps lock shout

jeez

How about if we ask in a super special nice way:

Pretty please, which a cherry and sugar on top, read the f'ing stickies!

Amfm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah i dont think f'ing is the best way to tell people to do something so no...

thats not it... lets say i have the wad for super mario 64 and super smash bros could i hack the wii install those games and then un hack it?

also after hacking it will i still be able to go online to buy games play etc?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean "unhack" it? Why would you need/want to do that? Basically, you want to steal a game, then go "legit" again and use the online store?

Listen. You can install wads providing you softmodded your system, and no, it will not affect your online shopping. Now that you have your answer, please, do some reading/research here in the forums. I promise you that it will help you in the long run and you will not be set up to be flamed for asking things like "how do I hack it?" while only two posts above yours is a completely solid guide to do so (aka: "ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide")

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gosh, you can not unhack a wii and expect the pirated stuff you install to still work.
The only things (wiiware) that will still work when you unhack the wii will be the stuff you actually paid for.
Yes if its hack you will still be able to buy stuff from the store and install with no problem and keep them if you ever
unhack the wii.
Other than that you trying to hack a wii just to install some pirated stuff and unhack its a stupid idea.

Amfm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn whats with the insults!

i just wanted to unhack it cuz i know if i dont i will just burn iso's and iso's and not buy the games!

Zektor i've read the ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide but i'm a little confused since there's no visual help

yes i'm a retard whatever

will this work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh-kzk7JaKQ

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first I wana say , I have never hacked anything , I was shown , how to use a hack that was created by wani , and I must say that when I got mario and sonic at the olypics to work , I felt a sense of acomplishment .....I really dont mess much with the wii these days , even though I have all the hardware extras , like the board , motion plus and ea fit .....anyway this dude who wants to unhack sounds like a douche , thats all I wanted to say

Amfm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ wtf?

dudes you guys suck not all of you some helped and i'm thankful for that i really am but wtf...

-.-'

if im a douche then wtf are you? this pisses me off

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I answered your questions. So please don't say "no one answered my questions".

Again, the topics reference your original questions:
QUOTE said:
VC games: what type hacked? retail shop? Regardless, yes for both.
How to hack: read the guides. If you have problems post in that thread. The main problem with this board is every kid comes in thinking that they are the first person ever to want to hack their wii, makes their own thread and essentially asks "how can I do it?"

The edit: why would you "unhack" your wii in the first place after spending the time to do so and using up everyone's time that is responding to your thread? And the answer to your question is probably not
since your question is essentially, "Can I do stuff to make "backups" work, then remove the stuff that would make "backups" work, and would they still work?"

Oops sorry didn't see your latest post when I began writing this. But please do some research fro mthe links provided it will give you less of a chance of making a $250 mistake. But, Banner bomb works fine on 4.1. Just make sure anything sys menu wise is for your region. And if you are looking to play out of region games (VC) google "freethewads"

Amfm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-.-' you ppl are screwed up in the head... jesus never before have i seen this not when i hacked my psp and asked for help even when i hacked my xbox but here damn some of you are some fing a'holes!

(thanks to all the ppl that did help)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: