Hacking Hacking a PSP Street 11g?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. Bit of a problem. Trying to hack my friend's PSP E1003, running 6.60 apparantly right from the box. Tried using the ChronoSwitch downgrader but was given an error message saying it's running '11g', whatever the balls that means. Wouldn't do anything else and hack failed, thankfully with no side effects. I've been checking out the tutorials but I must be missing something because I'm not seeing the part about hacking this particular setup. So simply put, how do I hack the crap outta this thing, what are the options when I do, and any dangers I need to be aware of? I hacked my own PSP old skool brick easily enough but this wierd thing acts differently and I can't wrap my head around it.

Help please.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's no reason to downgrade the system - just use 6.60 CFW. Using Fast Recovery is only a slight inconvenience but it's far safer than downgrading the system. It's generally considered unsafe to downgrade a system below the lowest possible out-of-the-box firmware for a given version of the motherboard (in your case, 11g) unless there are reports that it works.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. Format the memory stick using the PSP, next connect it to a PC (remember to disable Charging via USB), re-download the CFW, unpack it and put the files in the root of the card.

Still the same message. Not supported and a string of numbers (ox06060100) or something like that. Using the 6.60 PRO C2 files. Those are the correct files, right?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Still the same message. Not supported and a string of numbers (ox06060100) or something like that. Using the 6.60 PRO C2 files. Those are the correct files, right?
"Or something like that" doesn't cut it - post the whole error code. By the way, are you using a genuine MSPD or is it an adapter?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're welcome. Which version worked by the way? If fix3, I think it'd be best if you tried updating to C2 now. If C2 worked, goodie, I'm glad I could help.

C2 worked fine, but the ISOs aren't showing up on the menu like they do on mine, and holding the right trigger on bootup doesn't bring up the plugins menu. Any advice?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
C2 worked fine, but the ISOs aren't showing up on the menu like they do on mine, and holding the right trigger on bootup doesn't bring up the plugins menu. Any advice?
You have to use Fast Recovery (comes with the installation files) each time you want to boot CFW - otherwise you're in OFW and ISO's won't show up.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
on newer PSP

you can NOT use a prema-CFW (only 1000s and older 2000s can use prema, if yo can use a Pandora Battery on the PSP, it can use Prema-CFW)
just Lite-CFW
so
boot->OFW->enter CFW-mode >on full power down or reboot->OFW->renter CFW mode

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
on newer PSP

you can NOT use a prema-CFW (only 1000s and older 2000s can use prema, if yo can use a Pandora Battery on the PSP, it can use Prema-CFW)
just Lite-CFW
so
boot->OFW->enter CFW-mode >on full power down or reboot->OFW->renter CFW mode
Not true.

PSP-1000 and early PSP-2000 models can use Permanent CFW via cIPL, later PSP-2000, PSP-3000 and PSP Go models can use Permanent CFW via a Power Hack method (Perm Patch), PSP's with the 11g motherboard (E-Street/E-1000) can only use CFW via Fast Recovery. ;)

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, got the ISOs to show up, do plugins auto-activate? I can't bring up the menu like I do on my system and I need NPLoader for DLCs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr