Hardware Hacking a new Wii

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I haven't really been keeping up with the newest modchips since I have the original wii from launch date. However, a close friend of mine just got a Wii, and his son likes to use his PS2 games as flying discs. So I would like to chip it for him so that he can back up his games.

The question I have is, is there any new Chips out there for the newest Wiis? Last I read, they were fully covering the chip so the solderless or anything else wouldn't work.

Thanks for the help.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use a soft mod like the gamma loader - theres loads of threads on it - use SEARCH instead of NEW TOPIC and youll be on your way

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't gamma loader have problems with sync in games like rock band and such? I am trying to avoid those issues for him. The simpler the better.

But thanks for the response.

davedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when you want a chip you can use e.g. a wiikey 2 its comatible with these boards: DMS D2A D2C D2C-2 and D2E chipsets

JOCKz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
alucard77 said:
Is there a quick way to tell which chip set someone has with out opening the wii?
http://www.wiidrives.com/list

Dont buy a Wiikey 2, it has some major probs !! check out wiinewz if you dont believe me. Get either a D2pro or Wasabi Zero, I prefer wasabi.

I swear i responded to this thread last week, must of been deleted ?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are new board where you can't install Modchips on (yet?)

Use FlatMii or WiiZii than instead (I should choose WiiZii once it is out since it also plays burned backups not only from your PC/HDD like FlatMii witch is released)

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gamma and Softchip are great. Synching issues? I've never had any of such. In fact, i never had issues at all.
But that obviously does not mean that there aren't any.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I wish I could play chess well