Hacked Wii Question...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Deadlock94, Jan 25, 2011.

Jan 25, 2011

Hacked Wii Question... by Deadlock94 at 1:47 AM (586 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Deadlock94
    OP

Newcomer Deadlock94 Member

United States
    A long time ago i modded my wii (i believe 4.0U) with a soft mod.. now all i really forgot everything about the wii and hacking it.... i really just want to start over and i was going to just update it. is that safe? then do a hard mod, or just sell the thing. please help!

2. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Modmii will take you where you want to go...link in my sig...do not do an official update.

there's really no need for a hard mod either....

3. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Whatever you do, don't update your Wii. As the poster above said, get ModMii, and use the option to download the files needed and generate a guide for you to re-hack your Wii as if it were a virgin (unhacked). You can safely do this, without the need to update your Wii, and will in turn save you the hassle of hacking 4.3 (which will require a certain game, depending on your Wii's region).

There is also really no point in hard-modding your Wii, since soft-modding can cover pretty much all the possible homebrew you can get anyways, including usage of backups either on DVD (if your Wii is compatible) or USB HDD.

4. codmaster

Member codmaster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if your on on 4.0,try installing the latest IOS to get compatapility with the games
    and install cIOS
    and the latest Neogamma or r8
    also update your HBC to 1.0.8
    and NEVER do an offical update