Hacked Switch Won't Boot After Not Using For a Week

nachoez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently hacked my Nintendo Switch and it was working completely fine until I left it for a week and when I came back, it wouldn't boot at all.

I tried hard reset button combinations, which didn't work. Does anyone know what to do?

shauder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have autorcm enabled? I think it can go into a deep sleep if it doesn't get charged in time. Google may show some results but maybe try plugging it in for a while overnight.

Reactions: orangy57

nachoez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have autorcm enabled? I think it can go into a deep sleep if it doesn't get charged in time. Google may show some results but maybe try plugging it in for a while overnight.
I used TergaRCM. I've already let it charge overnight.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you let your switch's battery die, then leave it dead for a few days it can be hard to turn on. It sounds dumb but try holding the power button for a long time like 60 seconds.

I used TergaRCM. I've already let it charge overnight.
TergaRCM is the exploit we all use when we inject payloads, he is asking if you set your switch up to automatically boot into RCM mode every time by using an app, it works by bricking your boot partition to cause automatic booting into RCM recovery mode where you inject hekate. Basically he is saying connect it to a computer and try injecting a payload(hekate).

nachoez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you let your switch's battery die, then leave it dead for a few days it can be hard to turn on. It sounds dumb but try holding the power button for a long time like 60 seconds.

TergaRCM is the exploit we all use when we inject payloads, he is asking if you set your switch up to automatically boot into RCM mode every time by using an app, it works by bricking your boot partition to cause automatic booting into RCM recovery mode where you inject hekate. Basically he is saying connect it to a computer and try injecting a payload(hekate).
I’m not sure if I set that up. I know I used the fusee.bin, though. Also, can I use a new SD card with it still working? Thanks.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure if I set that up. I know I used the fusee.bin, though. Also, can I use a new SD card with it still working? Thanks.
He is suggesting this because when you are in RCM mode, the switch appears off. The payload is injected via the external device so contents of the sd do not matter. I still recommend also trying to hold the power button for longer than expected.

nachoez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is suggesting this because when you are in RCM mode, the switch appears off. The payload is injected via the external device so contents of the sd do not matter. I still recommend also trying to hold the power button for longer than expected.
Just tried that. Still nothing. Would using the RCM jig and using TegraRCM to reinject it work? I don’t have access to my computer right now so I can’t try it. Thanks

nachoez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the screen isn't coming on, even when plugging in a charger?

Can you try a different charger juuuust in case it isn't charging? Happened to me once and found out i had to replace the AC adapter.
Already attempted. I tried different button combinations to reset it too, not working.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I do. I’m fairly certain it’s not a hardware issue though, because it was never dropped or broken, but I can try anyway.
yeah, i doubt it too. but it's always nice to rule out hardware.

my switch always just auto-boots after it has been drained of power and gets a slight charge. so it's either not getting a good charge due to hardware, or something else.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Normally you need to put a jig on right trail to power on your switch?

If not do the next:
  • Press the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Connect the switch to the ORIGINAL power supply directly and let it be for at least 60 minutes.
  • Inject your Payload as usual (by example using TegraRcm).
The problem with AutoRCM is what if the battery died the switch goes on RCM mode when connected to power but on RCM mode the battery charge is SLUGGISH as hell and you need some battery charge for the Payload injection so you need to wait for a charge.

nachoez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If not do the next:
  • Connect the switch to the ORIGINAL power supply directly and let it be for at least 60 minutes.
The problem with AutoRCM is what if the battery died the switch goes on RCM mode when connected to power but on RCM mode the battery charge is SLUGGISH as hell and you need some battery charge for the Payload injection so you need to wait for a charge.

If not do the next:
Usually I use the jig, but I may have turned AutoRCM on by accident. Is that the problem?

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually I use the jig, but I may have turned AutoRCM on by accident. Is that the problem?
All autoRCM does really is remove the need for a jig, by booting every single time into RCM recovery mode automatically. So no, try to inject, no jig because we think you are already in RCM. The jig is only needed to get into rcm mode.

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just tried that. Still nothing. Would using the RCM jig and using TegraRCM to reinject it work? I don’t have access to my computer right now so I can’t try it. Thanks

As sung the witch has been left charging for an hour or longer.

After holding the power button for a minute, try injecting inject hekate.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine dies I let it sit in the dock for about an hour then hold power button for 30 secs then give it a 2 sec press then inject payload. Works every time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT