hack a 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mangokattunodis, Mar 20, 2014.

1. mangokattunodis
    OP

mangokattunodis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2014
    United States
    I am getting ready to purchase a 3ds xl?

and just want to know
    1: where is the best place to buy the hack cartridge(without transaction problems cuz i heard a lot of scary stories)
    2: can you play gba,3ds roms and if so,do i need a separate hack cartridge to play ds and gba and 3ds roms
    3:can somebody tell about this firmware cuz dat is confusing

Yes i am new so have mercy on me please

2. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    1. look at gateway 3ds's site (via google, can't link to it) under 'resellers' tab. also look at mt-card, it has multi-rom and is a little cheaper.
    2. you need a dstwo NDS flashcart to play gba on a 3ds
    3. you need firm 4.5 --> 4.1 to run gateway cartridge. if below 4.1 you need certain cartridges to upgrade (donkey kong country is a good one). get a blue or red 3dsXL with a certain serial code, look here http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_ha...the_System_version_before_buying_a_new_3DS.3F

3. mangokattunodis
    OP

mangokattunodis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2014
    United States
    bummer no yoshi oh well thanks Snailface

4. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    if you can find a 4.5 XL it is almost certain you won't need a cart to upgrade (they started at 4.1 i think). just use at the link i gave you to check serial codes against systems at low-sales stores (ie not walmart). give it a try.