Hacking RELEASE HACDN - Download game NCA files directly from Nintendo's CDN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But won't this allow piracy?
  • No, as this application cannot download titlekeys, and you can only extract titlekeys from your Switch for games you have legitimately purchased.

What's the actual usage then? I'm curious because it seems you can't do anything with those dumps.

Also, SciresM is being a total ass for no reason.

Last edited by horokeusama,

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please read the thread before commenting. You wouldn't say so if you had.
I won't make any further comments because it's out of topic. But I still keep my opinion.

Could with the right title key and a way to install it.

Let's make our backups while we still can and wait for a way to get the titlekeys.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@SimonMKWii Thanks to you, I can soon pirate to my heart's content. You're a good man, and keep it up. You're gonna go far.
It's very much possible that you will be banned on first try and then you can't even use this app anymore.

Think about this: this app (and any app like it) will need your unique console certificate to work. If you try to download a title that was never bought with any account on that console, they know you are a pirate. It's as easy as matching two tables in a database. Using this is incredibly stupid and I can guarantee you that Nintendo will start banning people for it. Even retroactively. There is no safe way to do it. An idiot with a hole in his head can match a console's purchase history with a title they're trying to download. On 3DS/WiiU you didn't need a unique console certificate to talk to the download CDN, for Switch you do.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper here: you will be banned. I'm certain of it. The fact that they haven't started doesn't mean they won't in the near future, and every transaction is surely logged.

Mods, please close this thread before more people burn their fingers.

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
He was a bit forceful with his word choices but to say he had "no reason" is false.
SciresM does not like me. SciresM came across in a way I'll leave for others to find out for themselves. Seems like anything SCIREM IS NOT RESPONSABLE OR IN CHARGE OF GETS DISCREDITED.

Think about that for a moment on his reply to this thread or ttool.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Chill out. He literally wrote that no one should use this tool @Uwabami
After we told him several times, yes. He still thinks he can make it work by tweaking the User Agent. That won't help, the server won't ever talk to you without your unique console certificate. The best he could archive would be safely downloading your own games that you bought, but you will never be able to safely download other games without getting banned.

SciresM used harsh language, but he still didn't get through SimonMKWii's thick skull.

Reactions: awtgrduzwt5r9

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SciresM does not like me. SciresM came across in a way I'll leave for others to find out for themselves. Seems like anything SCIREM IS NOT RESPONSABLE OR IN CHARGE OF GETS DISCREDITED.
Think about that for a moment on his reply to this thread or ttool.
You may not like him (and you wouldn't be the only one), but he's right - and he knows what he's talking about. SimonMKWii's app is not much more than a spagetti code front-end for SciresM's hactool.

If he's going to make a piracy tool used for piracy, he should make a website dedicated to uploading switch nca's ;-)
If you're talking about SimonMKWii, he has made a website for that, hosted on a shared webserver in France. He didn't do a very good job at hiding his identity or securing the server.

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
That's not even true. He's helped me in the past before and was very kind and helpful. He gave advice because the risks of this tool were great.
ITS hit and miss maybe at times SciresM is a good guy or whatever but our convo was rude plain and simple.

I discovered somethin,s brought it to his attention and SCIRESM DISCREDITED AND SAID IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE.

Same day released my finding and he did not respond. Could not even say for example "good job, my mistake it was possible. Nothing.

If he's a hgood guy that's great but not important. I'd like to have a positive experience working with him for example but not knowing me predetermined jughment gets nowhere and just stop progress.

SciresM does great work and I appreciate it so no one t rake this in a way it is not intended

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he's going to make a piracy tool used for piracy, he should make a website dedicated to uploading switch nca's ;-)
I wish I had some I have loader ideas waiting to actually have a dump I've only bought gamecarts so I'm sol right now .

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was a bit forceful with his word choices but to say he had "no reason" is false.

Please. I guarantee you that had it been someone else (but of similar knowledge), GBATemp would have nailed him to a stake and set him on fire. SM is getting a pass because he's working on the CFW. He could have been a lot nicer in the delivery, and he's not wrong in what he stated, but don't try and downplay his actions. Everyone is responsible for the consequences they create.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please. I guarantee you that had it been someone else (but of similar knowledge), GBATemp would have nailed him to a stake and set him on fire. SM is getting a pass because he's working on the CFW. He could have been a lot nicer in the delivery, and he's not wrong in what he stated, but don't try and downplay his actions. Everyone is responsible for the consequences they create.
There was previous beef outside this thread. SimonMKWii was banned from ReSwitched when he wouldn't stop discussing piracy, he also ignored and downplayed many warnings about his app. Read the whole thread.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was previous beef outside this thread. SimonMKWii was banned from ReSwitched when he wouldn't stop discussing piracy, he also ignored and downplayed many warnings about his app. Read the whole thread.
You don't have to tell me to read the whole thread. I saw the logs and texts. Again, SM was right to call the guy out, but he did it in a way that had ANYONE ELSE done it, they would have been flamed and emasculated. REGARDLESS of what happened before, we're talking about what's available in this thread.

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
RS is kind of cancerous in my opinion though
You can talk piracy but you can't ask for links nor should you post said links to a place where you can't
However if he was just talking piracy he should get a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1