Hacking H-encore Auto-installer

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@noahc3 released a program that auto-install h-encore on your system without too much hassle.

This program only requires you to manually install qcma, and using it to make the connection between the PC and the vita. Afterwards, you will just need to copy the name of QCMA and account AID to the application, and hit start. The rest is completely automated!

Github repo:
https://github.com/noahc3/auto-h-encore

After installing h-encore:
Those on 3.65, can install enso. Enso lets you able to keep henkaku with every reboot.
- On your Vita, go to settings -> Henkaku settings -> Enable unsafe homebrew
- On your PC, download enso.vpk from theflow's fork
- On your Vita, go to vitashell, press start for settings menu to appear
- Set "SELECT button" to FTP, or USB, depending on the method you want to use to connect the vita to your PC
- Press Circle to go back, then select to make the connection between the Vita and PC
- Copy the enso.vpk from your PC to the Vita (If you dont know where to copy it to, UX0:/tai is a safe choice)
- On the Vita, disconnect from the PC, and navigate to where you copied the vpk to, and install.
- Leave Vitashell. You will find enso on the main menu. Run, and install.
- Once you confirm the "success" message, exit enso, and turn off your vita completely, then turn on again.
- Go to settings -> System -> System information. Verify your system software being 3.6X followed by 2 Japanese characters.
- You are now permanently hacked :)

Notes:
- I haven't had the time to try to do it manually last night, because the instructions seemed long (and maybe vague to some), but this program literally took me a few minutes to complete from start to finish.
- This program is for windows only.
- If you are on enso already, and for whatever reason need to update/reinstall firmware, MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS OR YOU WILL BRICK!

Last edited by Madridi,

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
thank you , just a question please, should i update first? 3.68 ? before i run the auto installer ?
Update from which firmware?
- If you're on a firmware lower than 3.65, update to 3.65 first if you want permanent hack, or update to latest firmware (3.68) if you want to reapply hack every time you boot your system. The choice is yours. Mine is clearly 3.65
- If you're on 3.65, stay where you are, or update to latest firmware, for reasons above.
- If you are on 3.67, update to latest firmware.
- If you are on 3.68, there is nothing to update to.

Yes, this has to be done before auto installer. This assumes you already have a vita with the required firmware needed for hacks.

Reactions: fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update from which firmware?
- If you're on a firmware lower than 3.65, update to 3.65 first if you want permanent hack, or update to latest firmware (3.68) if you want to reapply hack every time you boot your system. The choice is yours. Mine is clearly 3.65
- If you're on 3.65, stay where you are, or update to latest firmware, for reasons above.
- If you are on 3.67, update to latest firmware.
- If you are on 3.68, there is nothing to update to.

Yes, this has to be done before auto installer. This assumes you already have a vita with the required firmware needed for hacks.
@Madridi thank you , you told me what i wanted to know and what i was thinking thanks heaps :)

Reactions: Madridi

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I am on 3.67... I use my Vita TV a lot for remote play in the bedroom ;)
The bright side of this is newer firmwares are hackable thats basically how 3.60 started out, but eventually we got a permanent cfw boot. Once that happens with 3.68 it's goodbye 3.65

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The bright side of this is newer firmwares are hackable thats basically how 3.60 started out, but eventually we got a permanent cfw boot. Once that happens with 3.68 it's goodbye 3.65
I dunno, TheFlow seemed pretty clear that 3.65 would be the last firmware to support coldboot. I guess there is always the possibility someone else will come along years from now with a new exploit but I'm not holding my breath.

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Beh :( every time when I reboot or take the power off from the Vita it needs to be rehacked...
Everytime you reboot. Haw many times do you actually reboot your vita. Not putting it in sleep mode. In the 4 years I had my Vita I rebooted my vita like 8 times and 4 were to change the memory card.
BTW:
Do you have to redo everything or just parts where you execute H-encore on the vita?

Last edited by Robika,
Reactions: signz

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Everytime you reboot. Haw many times do you actually reboot your vita. Not putting it in sleep mode. In the 4 years I had my Vita I rebooted my vita like 8 times and 4 were to change the memory card.
BTW:
Do you have to redo everything or just parts where you execute H-encore on the vita?

You literally just tap the app on the Vita and let in run in seconds.

ben-v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I tried to use this program, I define my AID (my psn ID right?) and the location of the qcma app folder but the button does not unable.
Someone can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hello,
I tried to use this program, I define my AID (my psn ID right?) and the location of the qcma app folder but the button does not unable.
Someone can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
No, your AID name is your folder name inside your backup folder.. 16 digits

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw