jopx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello, GBATemp

I've been keeping a close eye on the recent updates there've been in the PS Vita scene, and I'm on the fence about installing H-encore myself. The possibility of being banned on PSN is what deters me. I would only like to install the CFW to run backups. I'm not interested in neither any other type of homebrew nor any type of hacking. And, of course, the only occasions I would be online would be to sync the trophies.

There aren't many threads regarding this topic, and there isn't much information about bans on the internet, so I would be really grateful if you could share your thoughts or experiences on the matter.

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Everything has a risk. If you are not willing to take it, then just don't. Backups are piracy and Sony can ban you if they want to, be it for syncing trophies and/or playing backups. H-encore is not a CFW, but a simple exploit that let's you run homebrew. Some homebrews are the ones that let you run said backups.

That said, there have been no notable news of anyone being banned until now. Do note that I said "until now", which may change in the future if they want.

If you really want to take "less risks", I'd say you stick to backups that have physical versions (pretty much ignore any only-digital game from any region) and any app that is not on your region. Yes, Sony could technically use the game ID and the saves (if the game has cross save functions) to determine the content.

jopx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If you really want to take "less risks", I'd say you stick to backups that have physical versions (pretty much ignore any only-digital game from any region) and any app that is not on your region. Yes, Sony could technically use the game ID and the saves (if the game has cross save functions) to determine the content.

I did read that somewhere. I hope it's true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: chat wtfff