pkprostudio

No
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
When Shu Takumi was exclusively interviewed, he said that GS5 will still be on DS and it will be the last one for the series. However, it doesn't mean that there will be no new GS gamse, but rather the end of stories about Phoenix. After that, GS will become a totally new game and have nothing to do with the old series.

He also stated that GS4 was a "test" game. Thanks to the high sale record of GS4, the staff aren't worried about introducing a new story.

However, before the new game series can start, the current GS series must come to an end and GS5 will be the farewell show. GS5 will break the record of GS1's DS remake and become the longest one of the whole series. Almost all the old characters will turn up and some hidden clues in GS1234 will be looked on. Some of the cases which seem to have nothing to do with each other will show a connection. In a word, everything will become clear in GS5. What made the players even more excited, Shu Takumi revealed that the final boss of the all darkness is not a fresh face but someone we are quite familiar with! This person control all in the dark, who can he/she be?

Shu Takumi also said the most of the script has been finished and the game producing is on its way. There is also a piece of news which may let the players down: it's probably the last time that Shu Takumi will take part in writting the script for GS. From now on, other people will take over his work.

I found this on Court Records, via GameFAQs. I'm not sure if it's reliable or not, because there's no source for this... Thoughts?

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sounds great, I love the writing of the Phoenix Wright games and even if they sometimes fail in terms of gameplay (looking at you justice for all) they are always worth playing at least for the good read.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PHOENIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxx

TT-TT

Now I'll get a nostalgic feeling every time I think about Phoenix Wright.

LOL.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd love for this to be true. If they can pull off some kind of mega-finale, I'd be very happy
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

Hmm, sounds LIKE what they're planning to do is give the TRUTH behind each case. Obviously most are in the cases revealed correctly, but what they could do is for a case from PW/JFA/T&T/AJ is introduce a new case that's linked in (like Turnabout Goodbyes is with DL-6 and Rise from the Ashes is with SL-9) and give the whole case a new meaning.

And the person we're all familiar with that controls all the darkness...?

Possibly von Karma, maybe Edgeworth, Godot... or maybe in an unexpected turn of events... Phoenix!?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
GS5 was already confirmed by CAPCOM, no release date yet thought.. I thought GS4 was already starting a whole new thing (waiting for the english version, haven't played it yet, no idea what it's exactly about)..

Coming from GameFAQS forums.. it's possible.. but I prefer to see it from a more reliable source..

pkprostudio

No
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GS5 was already confirmed by CAPCOM, no release date yet thought.. I thought GS4 was already starting a whole new thing (waiting for the english version, haven't played it yet, no idea what it's exactly about)..

Coming from GameFAQS forums.. it's possible.. but I prefer to see it from a more reliable source..

GS4 introduces a new protagonist, but the story from GS1-3 is still there. What he said was that new GS games will have nothing to do with GS1-5's stories, starting a completely different game with the same concept.

And here is the original source from Court Records:

QUOTE(??? @ Jan 23 2008, 09:17 AM)There is a piece of news about GS5 whose name is “Exclusive interview of Shu Takumi(the director of GS)" spreads really popular on all Chinese GS forums.However, it usually means the news is unreliable, more or less.

I have no idea have you ever seen this though...sorry for my poor English.

When Shu Takumi was exclusive interviewed recently(of course not recently NOW),he said that GS5 will still be on NDS and, it will be the last one for the series. However, it doesn't mean that there will be no new GS game, but the end of stories about Phoenix. After that, GS will become a totally new game and nothing to do with the old series.

He also claim that GS4 is a try. Thanks to the high sale record of GS4, now the staffs are no longer worry about the problem which the players may have to accept a new story.

However, before the new game start, the current GS series must come to an end and GS5 will be the farewell show. GS5 will break the record of the Raise From the Ashes(my, I almost forgot that means AA to most of you here...) and become the longest one of the whole series. Almost all old characters will turn up and some hidden clues in GS1234 will be exploded. Some of the cases which seems nothing to do with each other will also show the connection. In a word, every thing will become clear in GS5. What made the players even more excited, Shu Takumi revealed that the final boss of the all darkness is not a fresh face but some one we are quite familiar with!This person control all in the dark, who can he/she be?

Shu Takumi also said the most part of the script has been finished and the game producing is on its way(just as I said ,it's not a recently news at all). There is also a piece of news which may let the players down: it's probably the last time that Shu Takumi take part in writting the script for GS. From now on, other people will take over his work.

That's all I found...some part of it obviously doesn't make sense but the others might be valuable. I'm glad that I can share it with you here.(Although you probably have already known that OTZ)

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, it'll be sad once the series ends, I've grown quite attached to the various characters...
Isn't Godot dead (executed?)? In T&T's last screen you see Godot on the side of the dead people.
-Zarcon: Let's keep spoilers in spoiler tags now. =P

I can't remember which version of him was shown at the end...if it was his original form then it might just mean that part of him is dead.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
For me, Phoenix Wright has been the most monumental series for the DS. I hate to see all the characters and stuff go...
Ditto
wink2.gif

When I first got my DS Lite(just 3 weeks ago), I was looking for the games I should download first, I looked at Phoenix Wright, thought it was a lame game but decided to download it anyway. And when I tried it...
Zvarri! The truth has been elegantly revealed to me!
That was about 1-2 weeks ago. Since then, every day I have been only playing PW. I finished the first one, I finished the second one, and now I'm in case 5 of T&T.
Can't wait for Apollo (although I'm a bit sad about Phoenix leaving), but I'm even sadder that Phoenix and company will disappear after GS5. Oh well.. :'(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1