Hacking GW to B9S using AIO help and save transfer

nanchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have GW on 11.6 emu (selective update) and 4.3 system. I would like to switch over to B9S. After browsing the forum, I believe the easiest route is to use mset with AIO v11 from that ISO site. Please advice if this is the best route or if there are other recommendation. Can someone recommend a method to backup all my CIA saves and restore it when I get to B9S? Thank you in advance. I have savedatafiler which I used before to backup and restore save, but that was done within GW (not CFW) emunand, so not sure if that still works.

Current plan:
1. Backup CIA save files - need help
2. Follow MSET method and use AIO (option 1 - sighack to B9S) per instruction from that ISO site
3. Using Wifi update my firmware from 4.3 system to 11.6
4. Load back my CIA collections
5. Restore the save files
6. Install the NTRplugin for cheat

FYI - I have no interest to use GW anymore

I also have plans to get a N3DS XL most likely with 11.6 since I will get from BestBuy, Is the seedmining method with DSIware my only option? I have acekard 2i and of cource GW red/blue cart.

nanchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chrushev, I managed to backup all my save, but did not need it like you said. I was able to setup B9S with Luma and transfer my emunand to sysnand. Everything is working great.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im in the same boat........ long time Gateway user but now I want to migrate to B9S. Can I restore everything I have right now if I screw something up or if im on firmware 11.6? (I have a hardmod).

BTW @Chrushev by "emunand" do you mean your emunadns is now sysnand technically or that you have dual boot, both emunand and sysnand (with B9S)?

Last edited by deSSy2724,

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Im in the same boat........ long time Gateway user but now I want to migrate to B9S. Can I restore everything I have right now if I screw something up or if im on firmware 11.6? (I have a hardmod).

BTW @Chrushev by "emunand" do you mean your emunadns is now sysnand technically or that you have dual boot, both emunand and sysnand (with B9S)?

I have both, I used Gateway when that was the only way to play "backups", so when A9H came out I stuck to emunand and then kept it with B9S as well. So I have both, my Sysnand is still on 9.2 and my Emunand is 11.6. Been using this setup for years. No issues at all. Just make sure you have a quality SD card (not a fake or cheap chinese knockoff) if you are going to use Emunand since SD Card gets more writes to it than it would otherwise. Still a reputable card (non fake) should last 30+ years of daily use, I did the math when everyone was debating staying on Emunand or going to Sysnand a few years back. Considering that almost no one uses their 3DS daily for 30 years though you can safely say that it will outlast the console (or even your life).

As with OP, just backup your stuff, use Checkpoint to backup saves, backup emunand. Then do a conversion to B9S. If everything goes well you wont need the backups, everything will be preserved. If you want to use only Sysnand then restore your emunand into it. Make sure to backup sysnand for posterity before doing that.

Last edited by Chrushev,

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have both, I used Gateway when that was the only way to play "backups", so when A9H came out I stuck to emunand and then kept it with B9S as well. So I have both, my Sysnand is still on 9.2 and my Emunand is 11.6. Been using this setup for years. No issues at all. Just make sure you have a quality SD card (not a fake or cheap chinese knockoff) if you are going to use Emunand since SD Card gets more writes to it than it would otherwise. Still a reputable card (non fake) should last 30+ years of daily use, I did the math when everyone was debating staying on Emunand or going to Sysnand a few years back. Considering that almost no one uses their 3DS daily for 30 years though you can safely say that it will outlast the console (or even your life).
Is it possible to have triple boot with B9S and btw I dont want to update my sysnand (mine is on 9.0 still lol) . I just want something like the old "menuhax/boot entry menu" to choose what to boot everytime I turn on my console.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Hunter,

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fastboot3ds is a an alternative to b9s that can have selective boot
https://github.com/derrekr/fastboot3DS
Wait, no boot entry with pure/native B9S? And @Chrushev has only sysnand and ONE emunand,, so, basically only two "bootable nands" but for three or more I need Fastboot3DS or what?

I just didnt followed the scene closely for a long time......

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wait, no boot entry with pure/native B9S? And @Chrushev has only sysnand and ONE emunand,, so, basically only two "bootable nands" but for three or more I need Fastboot3DS or what?

I just didnt followed the scene closely for a long time......
you can have more than one with luma using chainloading also,

there is a guide around somewhere, where you can have luma, gateway, reinand and others

not sure where it is exactly, it may be on another site we cannot mention

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is it possible to have triple boot with B9S and btw I dont want to update my sysnand (mine is on 9.0 still lol) . I just want something like the old "menuhax/boot entry menu" to choose what to boot everytime I turn on my console.

Yeah you can have multiple places to boot from. With Sys and Emu nands like I have you hold left trigger on boot to go to the other one. I havent tried more tan just Sys Nand and Emunand but Luma has options to support more than one enumand. out of curiosity, why would you want more than one emunand?

Last edited by Chrushev,

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah you can have multiple places to boot from. With Sys and Emu nands like I have you hold left trigger on boot to go to the other one. I havent tried more tan just Sys Nand and Emunand but Luma has options to support more than one enumand. out of curiosity, why would you want more than one emunand?
For testing purposes, multi accounts (including online) etc. and it should be safer (if every nand(nnid is seperated to each other, not linked or anything like that)

nanchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick update since getting B9S with Luma. Decided to drop Emunand and gateway completely. Transfers to system nand was straight forward and didn't lose any data or save. NTR cheat is usable, but very annoying on old 3ds, because the plug-in is always ON and must be disable every bootup unless i plan on playing games instead of using FBI or other apps; otherwise, it is a guarantee app crash. Overall I still love Luma, God9, and B9S. So a great shout out to all the folks that made it happen.

To be honest, I enjoy tinkering with CFW than playing games, but that's just me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16