Hacking GW multirom demo

DAHU75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where you found this sequence , the files for 2B2 firmware are decrypted , has a pastebin with this ?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nicely done. I stand correct because someone blamed me for defensive GW due to the brick. I forgave someone who blamed me. That's alright. Anyway, they know what they are doing. However, I am not buying it from them for I do not have 3DS. I just want to share my comment and supporting them, thats all. Good job!

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone found the bricking code in the launcher.dat?? if so why couldn't they edit it out and make the launcher safe. or removing it would cause the launcher.dat unstable?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
has anyone found the bricking code in the launcher.dat?? if so why couldn't they edit it out and make the launcher safe. or removing it would cause the launcher.dat unstable?
The people who would know how to find it have no intention of making it safe as they are against piracy, so dispite the fact it may be possible for some i don't think they want to help out the clones....gateway ofc would be perfectly able to remove it themselves but they will more likely just "perfect the method" instead

Reactions: Nightwish

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people who would know how to find it have no intention of making it safe as they are against piracy, so dispite the fact it may be possible for some i don't think they want to help out the clones....gateway ofc would be perfectly able to remove it themselves but they will more likely just "perfect the method" instead

if they perfect it doesn't make me feel better but if there is a 100% that it wont brick my console cause I use legit launcher and gateway card I might continue to use it. but nothing is 100% no matter how much testing you do. I mean look at the bricks that are claimed to be legit. anything and everything can be random. so my best suggestion is to REMOVE IT COMPLETELY. especially if they have to flash the gateway card to run multirom which it true and the clones cant then there is no need for the brick code

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well idk but I'm sure we will hear from people in the know if it's been removed, they may indeed remove it, but with MT card sitting in the wings waiting for an update....I'm not sure they will be removing it completely, they may tame the effects though

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well idk but I'm sure we will hear from people in the know if it's been removed, they may indeed remove it, but with MT card sitting in the wings waiting for an update....I'm not sure they will be removing it completely, they may tame the effects though

if they tame it that would be fine as long as they release a fix to a individual email in order to fix the issue for legit gateway owners provide pictures to prove that you were a legit gateway victim

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well I would imagine using the same methods(more refined to prevent false positives though) but setting it to format the SD card repeatedly for clones or FW copiers would be sufficient to deter average consumers from using cards based on their FW

Reactions: Nightwish

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and it wont stop until you reboot? so at least you could play legit games. try using the firmware from gateway with a clone card and it would start formatting the sd card repeatedly until you reboot? maybe format the sd card 1 time removing the clones launcher.dat

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No I mean like if it's programmed in a way that just formats the SD card randomly like what's happening now but instead of locking the nand they just wipe the SD card, they couldn't persist through reboots that's technically impossible but when booting the launcher it could just format the SD card randomly if using a modded launcher, at which point I think most clone users would get pissed of and scared that there might also be a brick possible....even if it's not the case it would still scare average consumers to get a replacement card that doesn't have these problems......I'm sure some cheap skates would just start backing up their SD card every couple of boots but for most it would be annoying enough to decide to switch

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. but just format the sd card once which would delete the launcher.dat file so when they try to reload it nothing happens. then they would remove the sd card and load the launcher.dat they try to run the exploit it would but then kick it back out cause the trigger to delete the launcher.dat

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lol the clones wouldn't release it if it would get auto-removed, in the first place.
unless gateway makes that thing activate after a certain date, but this time reliably, ahah.

p.s. but I'm not even sure about the first statement, rotfl

Reactions: gamesquest1

ajalcoba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lol the clones wouldn't release it if it would get auto-removed, in the first place.
unless gateway makes that thing activate after a certain date, but this time reliably, ahah.

p.s. but I'm not even sure about the first statement, rotfl

Wouldn't it be more simple for the Clone cards to clone MT copy from Gateway? That way, they would have multirom support without brick code from the latest release from Gateway. Assuming MT didn't put bricking code in their launcher. :)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wouldn't it be more simple for the Clone cards to clone MT copy from Gateway? That way, they would have multirom support without brick code from the latest release from Gateway. Assuming MT didn't put bricking code in their launcher. :)

They won't because MT-Card was made by R4i, and the other R4i's flashcards are not updatable.

Reactions: ajalcoba

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't MT card still missing stuff as well (>4.5 games support, Emunand, pokemon/animal crossing support). Or did they update for those features?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Isn't MT card still missing stuff as well (>4.5 games support, Emunand, pokemon/animal crossing support). Or did they update for those features?

Not yet, but they did release news stating that they're working on an update. Though, if it's anything like Gateway's news, don't expect a release for another 2 months or more. :P

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

According to Technicmaster0, the cart does support firmware spoof, but it lacks of SDK 5.X support, just like the GW1.2 launcher (Support for Bravery Default (6.X, SDK 4.X) but not for Zelda ALBW (6.X SDK 5.X)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
According to Technicmaster0, the cart does support firmware spoof, but it lacks of SDK 5.X support, just like the GW1.2 launcher (Support for Bravery Default (6.X, SDK 4.X) but not for Zelda ALBW (6.X SDK 5.X)
Yep, you're right. RomAnOCrY confirmed this as well but he had an issue with saving games that use firmware spoof. I havn't had it tho.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just a question. a friend of mine has a mcumall programmer which has jtag and spi interface, if gateway comes up with an update that reguires programing their chip, can we simply use a programmer like the mcumall one and flash the clones using the jtag pins on the back of the pcb? or it's not that easy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Can I hold it for a sec?