Guys have a problem with CIA installer

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FakuMotaFaka, Mar 22, 2016.

1. FakuMotaFaka
    OP

FakuMotaFaka GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2016
    Canada
    Hi I hacked a friend's 3DS XL. I downgraded to 9.2 and got coldboot to RXTools. When my friend try to install like say a theme with either FBI or BigBlueMenu it takes longer than usual to initiate the progress bar and when they try to install a game it'll come back with an error saying "This cia is invalid."
    What happen :( I've install the hacks on many systems and this is the first time something like that pops up.

2. FakuMotaFaka
    OP

Mar 5, 2016
    Canada
    Ok nevermind. I google the problem.. Probably the SD card needs to be formatted again.

3. JFizDaWiz

JFizDaWiz Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    also make sure you don't have a theme running, set it to no theme and try again

4. FakuMotaFaka
    OP

Mar 5, 2016
    Canada
    K thanks. I'll pass that on. Much appreciated

5. wrenxz

wrenxz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    This may sound silly, check to see if the SD Card is genuine as fake cards can cause this error...

6. JFizDaWiz

JFizDaWiz Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    yes, if you bought your SD Card from eBay or used on Amazon, or really anywhere that's is not a reputable e-retailer it's possible it's fake.

7. FakuMotaFaka
    OP

Mar 5, 2016
    Canada
    It's all good guys. My card is genuine I know that. Bought is from a reputable franchise store.

8. FakuMotaFaka
    OP

Mar 5, 2016
    Canada
    It turns out my friend downloaded a corrupted cia or it wasn't patched. Wish I could of been there to diagnose the probs but they followed my instructions and things are good.